Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 23rd ANNUAL GUNNISON COLORADO CAR SHOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Your truck, rollin' through town, would be a sight worth seeing ............

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Quit working on the eyeball stuff...get the engine running, trans/rear-end working...it needs to "roll" under its own power...it's a long way to Gunnison...!!!
    R-

3. 1931av8

1931av8

Full disclosure. I am an architect by training. Just got smart and figured out there is more money in consulting. Anyway, the motto "It is better to look good than feel good" seems to apply a lot in my life. Can't help myself...but can certainly help my cars in the looks department.

You should talk, by the way. I read your build thread. You don't buy mediocrity for one second. Same thing applies to my buddy Johnnie...nothing escapes his garage without some serious thought.

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Full disclosure. I'm an artist by training...but I still haven't figured out how to make a lot of money...!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That may be true, Tom, as an artist, I can "see" the finished product way before I even start...one good thing tho, I got all the "rolling" stuff done on the Caddy back in early 2010...so it's all "eyeball" stuff now...and I've got a lot of it to put back together...!!!

R-

5. 1931av8

1931av8

An artist with a couple more years of experience. Strange that I have a pretty good spatial sense, but still have to adjust the object after creation. Hard as I envision, there is no substitute for having it staring right atcha!

BTW- give yourself some credit. That Cad looked mighty fine in primer. Not much compromise going on there!

6. M.Edell

M.Edell

I heard Gunnison is hella lame so we're not going to perform there now.....LOL...NOT..I kid you...I kid You....

7. Marcus,

Don't even joke about that shit, we put you guys on every hand-out, flyer, and poster we printed....Damn....

Tom,

You should see what just escaped into my garage yesterday.......most interesting.

Johnnie.

8. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I didn't know something could "escape into" your garage...out of, sure, but into...??? Most of the definitions I've heard have to do with getting away, running away, breaking away..."escape into" is a new one...

Whatever, I'm sure Johnny's got something really brewing, in more ways than one...!!!

R-

9. 1931av8

1931av8

Coincidentally, I was listing to your album in the shop while chopping the frame horns on my truck last night. Some damn lyrics about a grilled cheese sandwich... Great album, by the way. Looking forward to seeing you guys live in Gunnison...twice. So you better show up!

10. OK, OK, it received....."Political Asylum"........

11. We are a few days away from the official first day of summer. Isn't everybody excited? I'm looking forward to going and hope I don't have to cancel.

12. You guys should be getting excited, the show is shaping up nicely. Eveything's coming together great.

Bill, try to hook up with the Colorado Springs Lonely Knigths Thursday night, (BigFinCad, MercChev, CKustoms, Studley, and many more) and come over with them on Friday. That way you will get the whole "experience". We're gonna have fun !

Johnnie.

13. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

All righty then, I can accept that explanation...not that it makes a whit of a difference to you anyway...

R-

14. axle

axle
    from Drag City

2 months away

15. M.Edell

M.Edell

16. Holy Moses! A car show in CO that's NOT in Freakin' Denver? Count me in from Grand Junction!! Sounds like a good time!

17. Any Western Slope people going? 'Fess up... Maybe we can meet up to run over to Gunnison...

18. M.Edell

M.Edell

19. M.Edell

M.Edell

20. RodGuy,

Glad you're comin' ! See the first page of this thread, post #2 has hotels listed, post #13 has campgrounds. This town will sell out of rooms, it always does.

Here's a link to last years show with some pics: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=370020

Those teaser videos from Marcus are making me twitch ! Can't wait for that "hollow" Gretsch sound on main street and in my shop !

Johnnie.

21. An awesome show and well worth the trip for those of you who have never been!

22. Tom,

Did you say something about a Grilled Cheese Sandwich ????

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAeriMBtXt0"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cAeriMBtXt0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

23. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Drumstick Ice Cream bars & Chicken Fried Steak & Eggs (although not at the same time) here i come !

24. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Johnnie, ya might as well tell these folks where to go when it comes to breakfast !

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thats an old Video!..Man we play it alot faster these days and Rob has a new Upright Bass...We're gonna Fuck shit up in Colorado...lol..

26. THE W CAFE !!!!! And since it will be hard to get close to the W for breakfast, remember, they serve breakfast ALL day............

27. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey Johnnie,
    Maybe we should just reserve the W Cafe for the Sunday after the show. After all every car guy that counts wil be in Gunnison that weekend. Ha, Ha

Big Rich

28. mad-cad

mad-cad

countin' the days:D

29. Studely

Studely
    from Pueblo, CO

Gunnison, Gunnison, yum, yum, yum! Gunnison, Gunnison, gimme some!!!

30. choptvan

choptvan

Is it time yet? I already have the sitter arranged.....