Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rockstars! Fataman MSII Ultra low

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Jul 28, 2009.

1. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

So Just got my chevy on the ground to check the stance with the fatman ultra low I installed and new 670's. The Car is low but not as low as I expected.

Just curious before I do some other mods if thats just as low as it goes.
    I have removed the stock k member and front body mount and expected it to to get stupid low. But still have a 2 1/2 to 3" gap from front rocker to the ground

Just wondered how low everyone else got the front with the kit
    Thanks Phil

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  3. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

I think it looks sweet like that!i looks like there is less than 2 1/2 too me.

4. aceuh

aceuh

We installed the same frontend in my wifes 54. She's still got the stock K member underneath as well as the front body mounts. Seems like her rockers are in the 2.5'-3" range while she's aired out. Of course your tires could be taller then hers.

[​IMG]

5. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

nevermind, After a little more fabbin and modifying got the car to layout just the way i wanted, No more inches!! thanks Phil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. hotdamn

hotdamn

i know this sounds like a dumb question but ya got dropped spindles with that ultra low?

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I did the ultralow kit and 2" dropped spindles with normal coil springs on my 53 chevy wagon. I loved where it sat. I ran 215/70/15 fronts and 225/70 rears (airbags in the rear, but with it down the front was still lower then the rear, had them for when I hauled alot of weight)

8. Mr Rustypipes, always dug that car since it is a twin to mine...............stop..............you are low enough.............stop. Have fun and Prosper.

9. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

I actually thought at first that I didnt have the dropped spindles by accident when I did order them, Bryan "Rusk" informed me that The fatman bag cups suck!! and they so do, they crush he hell out the bag and rob u some inches So ended up makin my own and did a few more things to get it to sit the way it does. Thanks to Bryan for the Q and A and Alex for gettin me the kit

But yes I do have the spindles

and thanks Tman, Yes Im satisified now, my key thing was to be able to drive the car at extremely low height and not tear anything off or damage the car, mission accomplished, Now onto the miles and miles of work still left

10. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

lookin good phil now get back to work!!!!!!!!!
    were starting marks tomarrow!!!!!!

11. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

how about a pic of the whole car.
    and details?

looks great.

12. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Thanks Al I'll come peep out marks this week
    and cant really roll the car out the driveway for full pic, I got a steep driveway noway Ill be able to push it back up and in the garage, soon though eh who am I kiddin maybe xmas

13. skwurl

skwurl

I dont think it'll get any lower than that. Looks sweet man!

14. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

if you don't mind what exactly did you have to do to get it to sit that low besides makin your own bag cups...is movin that front body mount and k member necessary to sit as low as you have yours now? Jus got my kit from Alex a couple weeks ago and have the frame leveled and tryin ta do what i can while the body is off.

thanks
    Shane.