Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nobody can resist a good Merc...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vintage_Vixen, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

And I couldn't resist this one! It's the only one I've ever seen of it in my life, I've only seen them in pictures. So I went snap-happy with my camera, knowing that I may never see another one in my lifetime. And now I can't help but to share this find with everyone here. I'm convinced that there's not too many of these left out there, so now I'm curious of who else has them or knows of them(I need to prove to myself that there's still a collection of these surviving-kind of like a science experiment)... if you have pictures, stories, etc, please share them, I'm dying to see more of these!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, I found this Zephyr, but I only got these two pictures of it because of where it was and the sun... and the thirty people that were constantly in front of it... so I'll share these too, but this post is REALLY about that Turnpike Cruiser up there!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

For some reason looking at that Zephyr engine photo I cannot help to think "thank god there are no more photos of that". Shame.

But that Mercury on the other hand is out of control!!! WHat a beautiful car!! Love every detail really.

3. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

the turnpike is a great car,a time in mercury design where less is more was not even a thought.Love it

4. NoRust

NoRust

That Turnpike Cruiser is awesome! Thanks for posting the pictures.

5. Vintage_Vixen

Vintage_Vixen

Thanks, I'm glad to see that everyone else is loving that Cruiser as much as I am! =)

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My mom (now 83) had both a 57 Merc Monterrey two door ht and a 58 Colony Park station wagon back in the late 50's early 60's. Both were serious road cars.

Those Turnpike Cruisers had one of everything and a few extras thrown in for good measure.