Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need ideas for a cool chevy shell/radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RedRodder, Jun 25, 2010.

1. RedRodder

RedRodder

I am pickin up a 26 chopped and channeled chevy coupe body on a z-ed frame and plan on isnstalling a 350 chev, The radiator and shell that comes with it is from a 33 chev truck and looks way too tall for the project, currently it is sitting in the front slanted like a rat rod so you can see over it. I would like to pick up a 25-27 chev grill shell, but need to know what radiators will fit in it, will the aftermarket aluminum rads for the model ts fit in the shell? they look to be simillar in shape. The only reason I bring them up is that they are usually designed to fit and cool a sbc. Any other cool ideas for a radiator setup? Hard to find a shorter chevy grill shell.

2. jaxx

jaxx

Check with your local fork lift sales place - most of there's are short and multi core - very compact and cool well - fork lifts set and idle for long periods of time - and there are not real expensive - just a thought - Jaxx

3. I have an aluminum '27 shell if you're interested.

4. sololobo

sololobo

Can you chop that truck shell and make it work. That slanted gig is geeky for me. Or hey, a 32 Ford shell----NOT!!----Good Luck in your search. ~Sololobo~

5. RedRodder

RedRodder

mac, I would be interested in that 27 shell, is it corroded through at the bottom? pm me a pic and price if you could