Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anybody see Paul Le Mat (Milner) at BTTF's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stevie Nash, Jun 25, 2010.

1. fuzzface

fuzzface

He looks pretty good in that picture above. He looked really bad when i saw him about 7 years ago or whenever it was when he was sick. I told the wife, good thing we met him now because I didn't think he would make it to the next car show.

2. Me too, man!

3. bfairlane

bfairlane
    from minnesota

we had him sign a print of his.he seems to be very nice and had time for every one who had a question.we had milner sign a poster a couple years ago he looked tired then.it would be nice to see all the actors. nice man.

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

5. He's a good actor. Too bad he never got bigger parts. Look what happened to Falfa. He turned into Han Solo.
    He was in the movie about Howard Hughes. A few other low profile flicks

I did see Brian "Stray Cats" Setzer on Saturday.

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Mark, you know Bryan has a apt. in minnapolis and keeps his cars here he likes mn. he says , heck he joined msra was at last yrs fall picnic and gsta this winter mr LeMat was a late add he contacted late and was a late addition to the 50,s and I belive the disc jock got him here, he,s alway very nice I spent time with him at the nsra milwakee deal afew years ago, him and Cindy Williams very nice people and no their not loaded and still work to pay their bills just like the rest of us

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

He's a heavy smoker..

8. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Paul is a top shelf guy, and is 64 years old!
    We spend some time with him a few years back,and found him to be extremly well spoken, cordial and very down to earth.
    He came over the house for dinner, and attened church with us while he was in the area!
    I consider him a friend, and always look forward seeing him.

9. I met Paul at the meet as well. Was a big moment for me and he is a genuinely nice guy to talk to. I think he should have gone farther as an actor too, but he played the part of Milner great in AG. Love that film. Probably the most realistic car movie ever made. As for aging, we are all getting older. I am the old guy shaking his hand. There was also a clone coupe there too. Pat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. for 64 he's good , he doesn't even have any gray hair yet

11. If he never went beyond his service in NAM he was a hero! The fact that he inspired many of us with the Milner role, makes him immortal.

And Favreau needcs to cast him in his hot rod movie when he finally does it!

12. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Have any of you who said wow he looks rough . Looked in the mirror lately?
    Hell I see all of you at car shows. and you all really look great Dont you?

13. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

We all will have to pay the piper..............Some more some less. Age has a strange way of affecting some more than others.

My life has been much brighter as a result of his part in A.G. and for that I will always be grateful for him and the role he played.

I hope that in someway I can pass this passion we share on to our youth in the way that he and the others in that flick did for me....:)

14. ScottV

ScottV

Doesn't he or didn't he at one time own the coupe of a clone of it ???

15. 61falcon

61falcon

he's 26 years older than me and has way more hair than i do. ok, im bald. there, i said it.

16. nutajunka

nutajunka

Not knocking the guy at all for anything he did or how he looks, but he has something wrong health wise. If we could only stay young forever.

17. 54chop

54chop

Paul's about the same age as my brother in law who was in Vietnam. He tires easily, had adrenal gland removed, throat cancer(never smoked) and other odd medical issues.
    V.A. doctors think it's because of defoliant(spelling?) Agent Orange. Paul may have similar health problems. 54chop

18. he,s kool as hell cold as ice and forever MILNER!!!!!!!!

19. mr lemat is a very cool down to earth and friendly guy im glad i got to meet him and shake his hand , and of course get his autograph

20. mr lemat never charged me for his autograph ...never even hinted at it

21. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Totally agree with both!!!

22. He signed this a few years ago at Btt50s. The year the 32 was there too.
    Seemed like a good guy. He knew Steve Fitch, the guy who restored the 32 & 55 in the 80's.

Attached Files:

• me.jpg
      me.jpg
      File size:
      479.8 KB
      Views:
  23. Favreau is on here, maybe cast John as the wizened old hot rodder? Burnt out drag racer similar to Doc Hudson in cars? Or just the crazy hot rodder that NEVER QUIT!

24. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Or, the old guy with the 32 coupe sitting in the garage that he's going "get running' again someday....cause it used to be the "fastest car in the valley..." or, maybe he could pass it on to a kid "as long as he don't make a damn 'rat rod' out of it"
    Maybe Ryan can contact Mr. Favreau via PM with your idea!

25. Tony

Tony

I met him a number of years ago in York for the Nats. I had him sign the column drop in the 32 i had just built. He sat in the car and we shot the bull for a little while. I told him his roll and the car in AG were the reasons i built the 32, and had always wanted one..
    He smiled, got out of the car and told me he really liked it, and did not accept a dime to sign it.
    Meeting him and how he treated me as a young guy meant a lot to me. I've since sold the car, but kept the column drop. I just wish i had taken a photo of him in my car..it never crossed my mind because i was too excited.
    He's a damn cool guy for sure, rough around the edges or not, he's got my respect.

Tony

26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Got Mr. Le Mats autograph and added it to the ones of Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark.
    For a few years she was at BTTF's every year and someone mentioned she was at the show on her birthday so a few of us got together and sang Happy Birthday to her.Think she was surprised but she enjoyed it.All are class acts.

27. rrayne

rrayne

o/t kind of but can anyone tell me if the movie duece coupe with paul as the sheriff is worth a damn and where to get.

28. I met Paul years ago and found him to very real and personable and over the years he has been a great guy to know. He isn't getting any younger, but come to think of it I wasn't a grandpa then myself. So I guess in the words of John Milner just file this thread under chicken shit.....................................

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  29. I saw him about 10 years ago at the LA Roadster Show, and he looked the same as he does in the pictures now.. so I guess you could say he's holding up well!

30. bathcollector

bathcollector

It's just the hair mate