Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The 1955-1956 Plymouth and Dodge Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MrBelvedere2, Feb 12, 2009.

1. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

Well it's been a minute since I checked the thread, glad to see you guys are picking up these great cars! that red station wagon is neat!

Too Torch2099: I am not sure where to get rubber like that first place I would check would be metro moulded parts, only place I can find that has any rubber for our cars: http://www.metrommp.com/

As for my project, I had to park it as the parking brake drum on the back of the powerflite transmission fella apart, and I can't get the drum off to replace it. I am doing a drivetrain swap in the very near future, so I figure I'll just put the new big block and 727 transmission in it and go from there. I scored a rebuilt 361 big block with a hotter cam and only 1500 miles on it. I also just scored an awesome dual quad setup which I think will look bad ass on the car. I will post a pic when I get it all together. As for now here is the most recent pic I got of my 56.

Attached Files:

2. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Just recently realized this 56 Plymouth in a small junkyard near me is actually a Fury! Sidetrim is long gone. I'm currently working on extracting the rear bumper but one bolt won't come out. I just want to get the end sections even though they are slightly rusted out in the lower corners, somebody may deem them worth saving. I've got the top half of the motor in my garage now just because it was there. Factory tach got burnt up in yard owner's shop fire years ago.

Attached Files:

3. Kustom Kulture LI

Kustom Kulture LI
    from Amityville

Thanks, It had been siting in gravel lot since 06 and I've only owned it for about a month. It came with no keys a bad case of rust and a poorly swapped 1980 corvette engine. So far I've cleaned it up, tuned it up, new tires, keys, and replaced the starter. Saturday the engine finally turned over! I'm dying to drive it.

Here's a pic of the engine bay all dressed up with the air cleaner I found under the seat along with 7 floor mats (on the passenger side) a Tiffany clock and some other junk.

Attached Files:

4. boldventure

boldventure

A few from this weekend.

Attached Files:

5. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

If only you were closer...I have a nice 383 motor and transmission that would slide right in there and its for sale! I have some body panels but I think it would be too far to ship them to you. Let me know if your looking for small stuff I got a bunch of 55-56 plymouth parts for sale.

6. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

And the moment has arrived! My dual quad setup for the rebuilt 361 showed up today...couldn't open the packages fast enough! Felt like christmas! Here is a pic of it mocked up on the motor. Sorry for the lame quality it was in my dark garage taken with my cell phone, don't have a camera right now. I'm 1 step closer to doing my drivetrain swap! What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

7. 73RR

73RR

Why aren't you in the shop working? Enough already, get busy..:D

Like you, I do believe that a B or RB is perfect swap material. Keep us posted...pics required.

8. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

as soon as the car gets here ( i just moved to a place with a better garage and driveway.) its getting torn apart.my goal is to have it ready for Eagle Field in october.

9. That's gonna be killer!

10. torch2099

torch2099
    from SoCal

dual carbs = awesome.:cool:

11. Anymore pics of the blue/white 50 wayfarer????

12. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

Just got told about this thread. Bought this last month on Ebay for $500 and was going to steal the drivetrain for a 27 dodge coupe. When the car got here, it was surprisingly decent. I turned the engine over easily by hand and then when my daughters saw a pink car in the driveway, they went nuts. So now I've ordered tires and all of the tune up parts I can find as well as a tripower and some hemi conversion parts for the 315 engine. These things are pretty custom from the factory.

Attached Files:

13. Good on ya Scooby! That is far too nice and complete to end life as an mere engine donor!

14. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

Well I finally found a 8 3/4 rear end from a 63 Plymouth to go with my 63 Plymouth 318 poly auto I picked up earlier this year for my 55. Now to start the swap and get this thing on the road for the first time since 1971 !!!!! Can't wait.

15. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I called this lucky but on Ebay right now a guy listed two pairs of rear quarter panel patch panels that were exactly what I need and didn't think I'd ever find. I bought one pair cheap and the other pair is still listed. I'm betting somebody on here might need to take a look at those. It seems like parts are hard to come by so far.

On a related note, is Canter the best place to get brakes from?

16. metalman

metalman

Yeah, John is alright! My brother lives just down the road from him in Williams, Ca. Went to see my brother last month and went over and bought some Ford stuff. He's really into the big fin Mopars, gotta be a good source for parts for them. Lots of Edsel and Ford stuff too. A car junky heaven walking around his place!
    DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0015.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

17. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Scoob, is that a LaFemme?? Can't quite make out the badging.

Kanter is a good source for all the hard parts: brakes-suspension-steering, etc. I've always had good luck with their parts and the prices are about as good as you'll find. Napa is actually a decent source for brake parts too.

18. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

No clue? What's a LaFemme??? :) It's black, white, and pink. Is that what they call them?

19. The Dodge LaFemme was the "female" counterpart to the Dodge Texan. Lots of "girly" add-ons like a tissue dispenser, make-up kit with mirror, umbrella, and such. Yup - pink, black and white!

20. unclescooby ... You'd know it if yours was a "La Femme" model ... there would be a La Femme badge on both front fenders and on the (pink) glovebox door ... they were painted two-tone Misty Orchid (pink) & Regal Orchid (white) ... no black:

[​IMG]

... there's more info & pics here: http://www.dodgelafemme.com/1956models.htm

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  21. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

yeah, I don't have any special badges or a pink glove box or any weird accessories. Just the big engine, Lancer Royal Crown badges and air conditioning. It was definitely all three colors from the factory.

22. mahalo51

mahalo51
    from santa cruz

Hi Jake..

I have a 56 burb for sale...

check it out...

Mike
    Santa Cruz

[email protected]

23. Learn something new every day - I coulda sworn they were three-tone! Cool, nonetheless!

24. srj23

srj23
    from MD

$700.00 What do you all think. I have the opprotunity to buy a 55 Plymouth Savoy - Flatead 6 - 3 spd on column for $700. Problem is it has been parked for more that 2 years, Put in new battery, Voltage regulator, coil...But engine turns but will not start. Appears gas is not geeting to carb. Is it worth the risk for me to buy and tinker with. Body is in decent shape, rear floors patched, solid trunk, some rust rear corner and front fender near side molding. Will probably need brakes, etc. Thoughts????

Attached Files:

25. George

George

Sounds good, drop a rear sump 318 in it....

26. sololobo

sololobo

Damn Unc, you scored like a bandito, all those goodies and that nice body and trim for $500.00. I am hoping to put that Dodge front clip on my 56 tu-door Suburban to make it like a Canadian Kingsway. Cool car, please save it. ~Sololobo~

27. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

You might want to do a compression test on the old girl. I bought a 55 Plaza and tried to start her, but it didn't have any compression. I think the valves are froze open. Otherwise your gas tank may have crud in it and the line is stopped up. Good score though.

28. dave s

dave s

i have a good set of fender skirts for a 55 56 plymouth if anyone needs them... i found them when i moved...

29. Here is a '56 Belvedere that's just started showing up at car shows in the area here. Is a nice one for sure. Don't know any details on it.

141.jpg 140.jpg

30. SteppinOut

SteppinOut

That is near what I paid for mine and it had the engine sitting on the ground next to it and had not run for thirty years!
    $700 ain't much in today's world. Do you want the car? That's the real question. Fairly rust free from your description is a bonus as I think mechanical fix should be fairly straight forward. Sounds like no gas is getting to the engine and may be a quick fix. 2 years is not a long time for a car to sit and then be re-started.