Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wide White Walls

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DAPER DAVE, Jun 9, 2010.

1. 68Caddy

68Caddy

good point, problem may be with what people are using to clean them.

2. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

3. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

What he said, just try to catch them at Long Beach swap or Pomona swap to save the almost 10% sales tax.

4. BUDDY HOLLY

BUDDY HOLLY

cokers ARE NOT GOOD unless you like cracked white walls, but maybe you do

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  5. I read and researched and went with Diamondbacks though we are just in the process of mounting them to the car now.

6. Well, i have them on my 50' ford business coupe for about 10 years now and my 60 ' El Co (daily driver, 40 miles a day) and they look just fine. Like I said, use Simple green to clean and all will be good. (and never use Armorall!!!)

7. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I like my firestones. Get an alliance membership first. I wish I had mine before I bought my set.

COKER!

8. I have Coker's Firestone ww bias plias on my model A and they have been good. The white walls are fine. I use a brillo pad to clean them. I also have Diamondbacks on my Merc. They ride awesome and look pretty good.

I joined the Alliance just before I ordered the Firestone's from Coker. The savings nearly paid for the membership. Plus, you are supporting the HAMB. Which is worth it in my opinion.

9. superchiicken

superchiicken

in los angeles ( florence and figueroa ).. they get real busy on the weekends, lines goes around the block.. affordable " cheap prices ".. call to see if the have it in stock for what u are looking for..

Fairmount Tire & Rubber
    (323) 750-8676
    614 W Slauson Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90044

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  10. onelow69c10

onelow69c10
    from pegram tn

Just ordered a set from them cheapest I found on the net and had them in two days

11. iv seen some mention portawalls. iv used them on my slammed 66 bug. ill say this in advice. they look cool as hell after they are just put on. after a while they begin to look like crap. they also cut a small groove in the sidewall. and if you burn out they tend to not looks so 'true and round' when they are going down the road.

i ende up taking them off after maybe a year. tehy also stick off the tire a bit, wasnt so bad cause i had fenders to cover but if your fenderless....id try something else. perhaps that rubber epoxy white wall paint?