Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nomads?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yellerspirit, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Ace50coupe

Ace50coupe
    from Indiana

nope they hade only 2 door nomads also the pillers were slanted and the tops were different. They had 2 and 4 door wagons in 57 but not considered nomads. If you were to look at pictures you will notice the difference. Plus pick up a book called tri-five chevys it will tell you everything you need to know.

2. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

Looks Nomadish to me. Wish I had it. Cool...let me tak'er for a spin..I'll bring it back...

3. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

The Chevy Nomad was first introduced as a concept car at Motorama in 1953 but was not available for public consumption until 1955. The car in the photo is much different than the production model in that it is actually a Corvette body that has been modified into a station wagon.

Attached Files:

4. 29Coupe

29Coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nope!

5. sololobo

sololobo

Had a great 57 Nomad, now I have a 56 Plymouth 2-dr wagon and a 59 Ford 2-dr Ranch Wagon, people holler at me all the time---Hey, nice Nomad, in either car!! I just say Thanks! ~Sololobo~

6. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

My buddy's old boss had a restored to original '57 Nomad. That was one sick car.

7. In 55 56 & 7, the only 2dr 'Bel Air' wagon was the Nomad. People called my 57 Sedan Delivery a hearst, or a Nomad. I like watching peoples A.D.D kick in when I'm trying to explain the difference between a panel truck & a sedan Delivery.. Let alone a Nomad.

8. never heard of or saw a 4 door nomad

9. gsport

gsport

i'd think everyone on the H.A.M.B. would know what a nomad is.. sheeeeesh

10. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Easy ,if it not got the thick slanted B pillar ,its not a Nomad ! thats the easy way for anyone who is trying to sort out the tri 5 chev nomad issue !

11. . AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously whoever labled these pictures was an automotive idiot....

Anybody notice that they labled a 57 Pontiac as an Oldsmobile???

12. redsdad

redsdad

Unfortunately, in 58, Chevy changed the program.

Attached Files:

13. Just found this...All 57 poncho wagons were Safaris.....

With his oft-quoted comment that "You can sell an old man a young man's car, but you can never sell a young man old man's car!," the new general manager served notice that under his leadership things would be different Pontiac.
    Effective with the introduction of the 1957 models, all Pontiac station wagons bore the Safari name. A new four-door Star Chief Custom Safari -- also known the Transcontinental -- was announced dealers on January 11, 1957. Although aficionados tend to think of the high styled Star Chief Custom two-door the "true" Safari, the Transcontinental strutted its own unique features

Great info @....

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/1955-1957-pontiac-strato-streak.htm/printable

14. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

I had a '57 Pontiac tudor wagon - vertical not slanted B pillar - and I don't remember it having any Safari emblems or any other indication that it was deemed a safari by the factory. Just a plan jane tudor wagon.

Lee

15. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I wish I was that cool.

16. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

Not so fast...although the MOTORAMA Nomad LOOKED-LIKE a Corvette-bodied "re-do", it was actually SCALED-UP in size from a "real" Corvette. DD

17. Thanks for stopping by... but I'm sure you are needed making balloon animals at a kid's b-day party, somewhere...

18. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

wish i still had mine .. It had the 6 cyl & I never got around to a V8 upgrade

[​IMG]

19. Whattt????? The I-6 would of made it uber-rare and worth a whole hell of a lot more.
    Not to mention it looks like it was the perfect color combo.
    Sorry buddy, you let a good one get away....

20. So you opened up a thread about Nomads?

21. A really good looking '57 Nomad.

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

When i hear Nomad these here are the ones that pop in my mind.
    The white 57 w/ the triple whites makes me speachless:eek:

Attached Files:

23. aircoup

aircoup

everyone worth theyre salt knows a nomad when they see one nobody else matters

24. glassguyOC

glassguyOC
    from O.C.

I have never taken my 55 somewhere, even just to the gas station, without at least one person wanting to talk to me about it. I love it.

25. The flat hood on that white 57 Nomad, really changes the 57 looks.. for the better! Definitely worth trying again..