Register now to get rid of these ads!

Crap. huge bubble in my tire.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SLAMIT, Jun 22, 2010.

1. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Well getting all packed up and ready for Billetproof and walk into the Garage tonight and I see a huge bubble in my right rear tire. not a big deal sept I have a zillion things to do and will be out of town thursday and friday. I have tomorrow to do it along with work 8-5 go to dmv at lunch to verify the vin in my ranchero which I cant do untill I have a good tire.

Why is it always like this???

Sorry just a quick rant then out to the garage to pull the rear shackles loose so I can get my damned tire out. stupid lowered cars.

2. Payaso

Payaso

SOB!! Sorry to hear Bro'...hope it all falls into place...if I had tire that fit lying around, I'd run it over to ya'...

If I can help...just holar...

Got the oil change (I didn't get to it lastnight), fuel filter tomorrow...then the 'walk around' as well...

MONDO

Remember...Lowered have No Mercy...

3. 61TBird

61TBird

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  4. BISHOP

BISHOP

I saw a movie in the 80's about a boy that lived in a bubble.

5. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

Damn old tires or tires that have been run on low on air break the cords in the side wall. I had a tire that was run low and drove on. The person said they didnt go far. I pulled it off the rim and checked it out real good. Still didnt help. That some bitch blew up at 90 psi and about took out my ears. It was a 19.5 on a ford f450. Tires aint no joke.

6. geemann51

geemann51

Damn hot rods. Wish I as closer. I'd call in sick tomorrow and go get you one. You'll get it done, it's your nature to adapt and overcome. Have fun at BP.

7. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Damn Gregg, Almost brought a tear to my eye. I do miss you out there and wish we were thrashin trying to get it all done. I'll have a key light for ya, shit I'll have twelve of em for ya. it's been far too long for best pals to be away from each other. my ranchy isn't as near as cool as most of the cars that are goin but it will be a bunch of fun none the less.

I put on the spare to drive to the DMV at lunch tomorrow morning mission on the sly whilst working is to find the right tire and have it mounted up by days end. then pack my shit and be ready to bail out saturday mornin.

Wish me luck and come find me if your at Billet proof.........

Eric

Oh yeah I know it is totally useless without pictures but remember the days when you had to imagine how big those tits were and just use the image in your head till you could get to that playboy mag? yep kinda like that.

Word!!!

8. 454navyss

454navyss

i had a bubble on a tire a few weeks ago, i wasnt happy about it but i got some other work done on the car that i had been putting off due to it

9. kenseth17

kenseth17

I had a bubble in the tire of a car I had about 5 years ago. I was too cheap to replace it right away and drove it for awhile, praying it never blew out while traveling at high speed. The worst part though, was other drivers that would tell me to roll down my window, to tell me I had a bubble in my tire, like I couldn't see that. Ended up blowing before I got it replaced. Wasn't even moving, was parked and inside a gas station, and was blown when I walked back to the car.

10. Did it look like this ?

tire bulge.jpg

11. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Be happy it wasn't on the inside of the tire.

12. I saw more than a few of those when I was working as a tire changer. Scary to come across on a 90 degree day. Most of those blow all by themselves in hot parking lots.

Bob

13. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

It doesn't have to be old or run low. It just needs to be a Goodyear.

14. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Yeah I see em on a regular basis working here at Audi. I happens to all makes and all models that I have seen. I think thought that this one was my fault. I recently removed the tires painted the wheels and reinstalled them with the whites out. I most likely tore a bead when I did it. Bummer. hope to have a tire here by lunch.

15. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Dude, That was John Travolta.

16. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

17. Labold

Labold

Yikes, that looks like the back of my mother in law's neck!

18. ken1939

ken1939

He grew up to be John Travolta. Go figure.

19. budd

budd

be careful around those, my dad had one of his logging truck tires blow up in his face while he was trying to pull a rock out form between the tires, all he remembers was seeing a bubble start to come out, his eye was almost right out of his head, steel plate behind his eye, concusion, found by passing ambulance driver passed out laying in the road, lost a months work, but yes there are bigger tires, but still they could do alot of damage.

20. Muttley

Muttley

Just be sure you dont mention the Moops around it.

[​IMG]

21. H3O

H3O

that's bigger than paris hiltons tits!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:eek:

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Couldn't ya just let the air out of the tire to pull it? I've had my '62 Falcon set up as low as someone would dare put one of these, with 195/65-15 on 7" rims, and could still pull the rear wheel by letting the air out.

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Now that's funny..........:D

24. SLAMIT

SLAMIT

Well yes I can but just barely. It really screws up the sidewall to do so. I have 3 inch blocks with mustang springs with a leaf taken out. It is way low. like on the bumps. I do have to leave some air in the tire to make it to the gas station for air. My compressor is not wired up at the moment.

Such a bitch. I need quick disconnect shackles:)

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That sucks! Come to think of it, I used to have to put a bottle jack on the rear end housing of mine and push it down a bit too... Best of luck! P.S. How's that cool little cb450?

26. geemann51

geemann51

27. 61TBird

61TBird

Didn't the Moops Invade Spain in the 8th Century???:D

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, it was France...