Register now to get rid of these ads!

NHRA Hot Rod Reunion - Bowling Green teaser pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dead Pan, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

I shot close to 1,000 pics over a 2 day period, so heres 2 of them, they are all hosted else where on the www, sorry I cant tell you, they have spamming laws 'round here

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Laws are made for other people....
    Post the link dam-it!

3. chevy3755

chevy3755

whats the LINK.........

4. Thrillbilly

Thrillbilly
    from Joplin,MO

5. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

thanx thrillbilly, I owe you one

6. Came to Pass

Came to Pass
    from Visalia Ca

The missing LINK has been found...ugh...

7. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

btw, be on the look out for a 5 minute video of the cacklefest, It will be up today - i watched it during editing, its a great video

8. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Really cool pictures feller's, thanks for sharing.

9. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

no problem, glad you enjoyed them

10. Spoken like a true JERSEY guy.;)

11. Fantastic coverage! Beautiful pics! Thank's so much.

12. John B

John B

Always like good pictures of cool hot rods

13. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks for sharing

15. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

no problem, I ended up with a total of 1,255 pics over the 4 days for me (thur-sun) I had a blast and cant wait til next year

heres two of my favorites from the weekend, i shot these 2 for a future feature

[​IMG]

16. projim64

projim64

Are you sure those are race cars . They look to nice to be race cars . :rolleyes: Jim.

17. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

do you want the burn out pics or the pics of them pulling the wheels of the ground ? cause I got both, LOL

18. Can't wait for next year, Thanks Jim we had one hell of a good time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

This is WAY TOO COOL! Now THIS is what got me interested in drag racing (as mere lad) way back when. This (then) nine-year-old started out building model cars in 1967 and the drag cars from this era were nothing more than full-scale models of the cool model cars that I used to build. I just couldn't wait to "grow up" and start messin' with the real thing. :)

I don't care how much horsepower and torque modern drag racing powerplants produce or how technically advanced and sophisticated todays cars, drivetrains, etc. are nor how quick and fast the fuelers (and other drag cars) traverse the quarter mile, IT IS JUST NOT THE SAME THING. I do NOT experience that really cool, feeling of coolness, for lack of a better description, and the THRILL that I used to experience.

Today's cars just do NOT have the 'look', the whole drag racing atmosphere in general (and for some time now) just DOES NOT give me the goosebumps, that really cool feeling, the feeling inside that sez: "Hey, I want to do this! Nor does that air of electricity exist, that once presided over the entire automotive industry, car culture, hot rodding and drag racing era of the 1950s to 1970s. No way...

I wish I could better articulate what I feel inside and what I used to feel inside but I don't really have to 'cause you longtime gearheads know the point I'm trying to make and the feelings I'm trying to convey.

Pete

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  20. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

being there was just incredible, in my opinion, you have not expirenced drag racing til you have witnesed the Winged Express doing a burnout, then making a full throttle pass, It was incredible seeing a car like that from the past still doing what it does best

21. projim64

projim64

I really do not need to see them because I was there on the starting line for every race . They call me the crew chief for the 65 Comet. But if you insist on posting them I will look at them again.:D:D:D Thank you for all the coverage of Steve's Comet it makes all those hours working on the car and driving 800 miles to the show worth it. Jim.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  22. P426

P426
    BANNED
    from New Jersey

I bet it was!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ym-muEjBky0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ym-muEjBky0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pete :)

23. projim64

projim64

I was at the finish line at night watching the Winged Express make a pass. It was lifting the wheels a few times at the 1000 plus foot mark . It was a site to see that I will never forget. Jim.

24. BangShiftChad

BangShiftChad

Deadpan (Charles) was the man this past weekend helping out Brian and I on all the event coverage. We had tons of photos and a cool video up. You can find them all at my site. There is one final item with every single link in it. You'll dig it.

Again, major thanks to Charles. He rocked and we were glad to have him as part of the team.

25. 65COMET

65COMET

Jim;only 800 miles?Try 3 times that[or more] for the West Coast crew!!! You and Steve should be proud of the 65,it is awsome!! Ken's 64 aint half bad either for a wrong year Comet[just kidding, Ken]!! ROY.

26. projim64

projim64

I just can not figure out how come you guys choose to live sooooooo !!!! far away from N/SS country. We have a race every weekend for the next 2 months. Jim.