Register now to get rid of these ads!

My pics from 2010 NHRA Hot Rod Reunion Bowling Green

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Flipper, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Seeing a couple of modifieds and a couple of the low roadsters driving around sure made me want to be driving the boattail.

...but not enough to make me want to go work in dad's shop right now. It was awful just checking the fluids and placing the canopy on the back of the flatbed so I could take it to the show. Absolutely dripping with sweat in 10 minutes!

2. Gator

Gator

We kept mine rolling most of the weekend, and you're right it was hotter than hell this weekend!

3. rooman

rooman

Flipper,
    thanks for the pix. I was a little busy with my AA/FD over the weekend and did not get a chance to walk the car show area. Shit, I even missed the cacklefest for the first time ever (but I did get to burn some nitro).

Roo

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Yeah you right, not hamb friendly but hell! The 'glass 57 is pretty darn menacing!
    And that truck thingy is so much Oddball Gasser it hurts! in a good way that is.

5. jmon77

jmon77
    from Tennessee

It was a great time again this year. And HOT! Saturday was packed. If they would just ban the stupid golf carts. Nothing worse than trying to check out some cars and have a cart on your heels or whiz by and about run you over. How many people own a golf cart geez!

6. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

At least this year the golf carts got out of the way of moving cars...last year they didn't.

7. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

I second the banning of the golf carts.It's fine if your racing but to bring one with you to the camp grounds is bullshit.You could'nt get thru the swap meet the lazy bastereds would stop right at the tables and look.I understand if your disabled but too fat to walk around stay the f$$$ home my 2 cents one hell of a show otherwise

8. Enjoyed the pics thanks for sharing.

Flipper, are those Centerlines on your truck?

9. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

Yep.

When I bought them (2005) they were called the RF series. I think they are now referred to as smoothies.

10. Hot Rod Dirty's

Hot Rod Dirty's
    from KY

I agree with this, it was almost the "Golf Cart Nationals", we saw a young boy checking out a show car come 2 inches away from being run right over by cart full of adults. You can't really look at the cars when you are on a golf cart, I never really understood this at shows. Otherwise great show!