Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 gasser name ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Aug 21, 2009.

1. lorodz

lorodz

i didnt getthe extra plate he didnt have it so i guess i aint runnin it..lol....

yea i just picked up the plate with the ball for the z bar today i also have the one that comes with the scatter sheild ...so after i put the motor in ill know which one i need to use ...no buckst seats in the car still a bench seat i do have buckets that are not in yet ..but i have the 56 chevy bench seat style hurst shifter arm if i want to use the bench seat ...so i can go either way ill figure it all out after the mnotor and trans are in ....shoulnt be long now..cant wait

2. Butch M

Butch M

it's going to look bad ass keep up the good work can't wait to see it in......

3. I would like to see you get on your feet financially and put a 409 in the 56, they are not cheap but do fit the era. If I were a rich man I would donate one to your cause just because you have a strong enthusiasm for your build and where you want to go with your car. On the name quest, forget about it and get rid of the lettering, a few stickers in the quarterglass and that should be enough, just my opinion. Good luck with it, I am CGM.:):cool:

4. lorodz

lorodz

ChevyGasser Madness<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5345053", true); </SCRIPT>

i here ya ill get there ...as far as the 409 the guy down the block from my mothers has a 409 in his garage...he wants to trade me for the 454 but it needs alot of work ,machining and internals ....i cant afford it plus i got all my parts for nothing..and the motor has a lotof things already done to it so hopefully it should be pretty mean ...

5. lorodz

lorodz

todays update ...

well i went and started to pull everything apart ..i unbolted everything removed all the fluids drop the drive shaft,headers,exaust,unbolted the trans mount, loosend the front motor mount bolts hopefully if it doesnt rain tomorrow i will have the small block out and at least set the big block in ....
    <!-- / message -->

6. lorodz

lorodz

todays update pulled the old 350 out and all i pretty much got done was to bend the front break line to cleaqr the new motor mount and install the motor mount tomorrow should have the other motor in .....it was way to hot out there and humid i was dying .....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. lorodz

lorodz

todays update ..
    i was feeling a little better today so i removed the old stock oil pan and oil pump ..
    so i could swap for the moroso pan and oil pump...the pump was a used moroso oil pump so to make shure it was good i took the old oil i had fromn the motor filled a bucket submerged the oil pump into the oil and with a 14 volt cordless drill i cranked the drive gear and boy that pump shot oil up like a rooster tail out of the bucket so im guessing its good... hopefully tomorrw i will drop the motor in if i have any help

8. lorodz

lorodz

todays update

well the motor is finally in the car mounted ..
    had to make a cross memeber for the trans mission which took about 1 hour but drilling holes in the frame was a pain in the ass i had to go buy a bit made to drill steel 8 inches long so i could go threw both side of the frame ..so after that escapade it was installed and very clean i might add .. i started on the headers pass side fit the motor good but is hiting on the factory trans mount that is welded to the frame so couldnt finish the passinger side so i moved to the driver side ...thats where i ran into trouble the 3 cylinder tube on the header was hitting the steering box so i chopped it off bent the tube added some extra tube than re welded it back together and now it fits ...so tomorrow ill hopefully finish the headers and exuast..

9. cheemo

cheemo

Some of these are making me cry they are so funny. My wife asked me what I am laughing at but she doesn't get it.

I notice that a lot of them are dealling with gas and bungholes.

How about "poop ship destroyer"

10. lorodz

lorodz

todays update .well its in the headers are on after re welding a couple of new bends into them .the starter is in the steering linkage is all set up just clears the oil pan full lock left to right on the steering wheel. valve convers are sitting on the motor i needed some new hold downs for them tomorrows another day i guess ..thanks for looking .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. 8FLEET9

8FLEET9
    from MASS.

hey look, there's a build thread goin' on here too...not just poop jokes

man, that things gonna rip with the big block.

12. lorodz

lorodz

8FLEET9<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5362285", true); </SCRIPT>
    Grenade Inspector
    hey look, there's a build thread goin' on here too...not just poop jokes
    thanks ....

yea i hope this thing hauls ass...it better or ill be pissed ..all this work for the second time ..and i havent put any real miles on it yet ..

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I got into it on another thread about dropping in distributors. Don't make me smack you around too.....LOL. I think you missed the hole. :eek:

14. lorodz

lorodz

lol......nah im not at that point yet ......haha its just sitting on the side till im ready to drop it in didnt want to disconnect it

didnt you here they run better when there on the side of the motor ....

15. cheemo

cheemo

this is a sweet build for sure. I guess I missed the post where it said something like hey quit posting names for the car and don't try to be funny. I know I am not a comedian but I thought I would join in with a name I thought was funny for a thread that said "56 gasser name?"
    I am sorry to have been the one to offend.

16. lorodz

lorodz

no offense taken. i dont get why most of the names have to do with a holes and such but to each there own..

17. lorodz

lorodz

todays update
    the carb is on .
    the radiator is in and plumed
    valve covers on and oil in the motor
    starter is in and electrical was started today i have to relocate the battery to the rear of the car due to valve cover hitting on the under side of fatory battery tray..no biggie ran new wire from front to rear along the frame tucked nice and clean installed a spare battery box i had laying around
    alt, the pulleys,fan and belt went on also ..
    made the new linkage for the 850 holley.
    still alot to do ....

18. cheemo

cheemo

How about The Wayfarer. It is the name of a book from 1909 that apparently the name "Big Apple" came from.

19. HMM paint it yellow and call it WOLLEY SEGAP That's yellow pages backwards

20. Wayfarer was a Dodge model from 1949 - 1952 :confused:

21. lorodz

lorodz

i think im going to go with " aged to perfection" after im finished with build ..

22. lorodz

lorodz

here is todays update finished up the fuel pump and regulator install, rapped up the battery relocation to the trunk primed it up so i knew there was oil pressure hit the fuel pump switch to on and one crank she fired right up..
    <embed width="440" height="420" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v6.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=ilbvrt&s=6">

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  23. Ive named 5 cars the same over the years followed by 2,3,4,5,....I found the name when I was in high school off a LP (Cant buy a thrill) by a new band opening for the James Gang they were called Steely Dan,the song was MIDNITE CRUISER,I used a version on a simms custom bike I built called MIDNITE REVENGE,and the 56 I have now was built by a friend I went to high school with in portland oregon (Jackson High Raiders) so the 56 street freak will be called MIDNITE RAIDER kinda puttin the two together........so I say look to some old lp's for a idea thats how alotta cars were named

24. motorhead711

motorhead711

Break like the Wind!!

25. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

lorodz if you would of painted it yellow like you wanted, then you could of used the band ABBA and Phil Collins and called the car Abba Cab :D

26. Joe G

Joe G
    from Minnesota

Maybe do a horse theme paint job and call it "Hoof Hearted"

27. cool idea .........for a MUSTANG :rolleyes::D

28. lorodz

lorodz

todays updates
    the car now has clutch linkage ..what a pain in the ass it was to make everything work...i had to make spacers and linkage bars bends oh boy what a day but at the end i have the clutch working ...long day ......

29. lorodz

lorodz

todays update
    set backs ..so i have to make a new cross memeber after i dropped it out of the way to fit the exaust it was hitting the pipe so i hooked the exaust up.took measurments to make another cross memeber tomorrow no biggie alot of in and out of the car to maek shure it fits perfectly.
    after that i went ahead and adjusted all the linkage on the trans couldnt for the love of me get it into reverse for anything ..i had to add some threads to the rods on all of them so i could move the shifter to its most fowward point so i would be able to shift threew all the gears without hitting into the bench seat ..worked out fine after about 5 hours of threading ,bending adjusting everything now it shifts sweet..no pictures of anything worth looking at yet ..

30. lorodz

lorodz

todays update ...
    new cross memeber installed this afternoon..all i need now is to get the drive shafts yolk taken care of this week... finally after 2 years being laid off im back to work..thats why i havent posted ..be back on track shortly..thanks