Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do your local police bother you to no end?!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by autoworx1, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For the most part, I am left totally alone. The local PD follows me until I stop, on occasion, so the can check out what I am driving and ask what I have in the shop. Sometimes they even stop by, if they haven't seen me out in a while. That's about it.

CHP does "sweeps" from time-to-time, were they crack down on every thing they see as a vehicle offense.

I can tell who the brand-new officers are. He's the one going around my DD truck with the dog-eared copy of the code book and a tape measure, trying to find something wrong to cite me for. The last one frustratedly wrote me a "fix-it" ticket for missing equipment, that wasn't missing. Annoying, but manageable.

2. I get no problems at all unless my tires are spinning, then they come out of the woodwork. Fair enough I guess.

3. Grifta32

Grifta32

I live in Memphis, TN. Our police have their hands full to say the least. However, I have been pulled a few times for being out of context so ta speak.
    Once in my 64 Galaxie I was pulled over by two nice officers one of whom (Gung ho!) asked if he could search my (rather immaculate) car and I said sure just please don't leave anything behind when you get out. (wipe your feet).
    I was standing on the curb with the other officer talking ford when Gung ho guy in my car says "I think there may have been some marijuana smoked in this car."
    To which I replied "This car is thirty six years old! I'm sure theres been alot more than that done in there!"
    The officer on the curb with me about split his sides, out crawls gung ho guy and away they went laughing and shaking there heads!

4. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

my heart always sinks when i see a cop stare me down in town but then i see them crack a smile and remember they are admiring...they let us oldie cars get away with murder usually

5. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

The new badge is always heavy untill you get a few years (and expearences) under your belt then you sort of mellow out. Then again some never do "been there, done that.:cool:

6. cops-n-rodders

cops-n-rodders

My .02 cents...

Next time you get pulled over...

1) Always be courteous.
    2) Keep both hands on the steering wheel.
    3) After the officer asks you for your licence, registration (and in some cases, proof of insurance), let the officer know where each item is kept and ask if it's okay for you to retrieve them.
    4) Once the officer has your driver's licence, registration, etc., they will most likely return to their patrol car or motorcycle and tell you that they'll be right back.

*Pay attention, this is the important part... BEFORE the officer goes back to their car/motorcycle (this is where they'll be writing you a ticket, and you probably won't see them again until after the ticket has already been written).

5) Ask them if you can tell them a quick joke. And if you can make them smile, under NO OBLIGATION or PROMISES, perhaps they might CONSIDER giving you a verbal warning instead of a ticket.

If they bite...

YOU: Why did the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) leave the Lakers game early?

OFFICER: Why?

YOU: Because they wanted to beat the crowd!

May or may not work... Depends on why you were originally stopped... DUI, expired registration, etc., but many cops do have a sense of humor, and maybe they haven't heard anything that corny in a while! :p

Now back to your regular programming...

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

...and then sometimes the pendulum swings the other way.

I had a CHP motorcycle officer gesture for me to pull over one evening.

He wanted to show off his new BMW motorcycle, and to check out my ancient BMW motorcycle.

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Most of our older officers are cool. They enjoy the cars and know we are justing having fun. The young pukes are a different story.... They don't understand a damn thing about cars or how much works goes into them. They rather go look at a new Vette or the latest Honda!

9. I used to get a lot of waves and thumbs-up from the local law enforcement.

10. uglydog56

uglydog56

Not me, they sit outside my driveway and follow me to work and back waiting for me to go one over it feels like. My ride is quiet, and I grandma shift. OH-ppressive around here.

11. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

no problems at all.

12. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I was gonna say never, but I got a ticket in my coupe last week.

13. Brahm

Brahm

Used to.. until I pulled the 3.5" w/40 series mufflers the car and put on a 2.5" system with some larger borlas.

14. Come on guys, quit pickin' on Barney Fife. He was only doin' his job and was really funny at it. That's the only reason I watch Andy Griffith. Ol' Barn really had a good heart, otherwise Thelma Lou would never go out with him. And we know he was only human...let's not forget about his side dish, Juanita, down at the diner.

Yes, I've been pulled many times, over but mostly because they want a business card. 99% of 'em are pretty good guys.

Mikey
    www.mikeyspinstriping.com
    "I'd rather be watching the Andy Griffith Show"

15. TomWar

TomWar

in 1958-59, whenever I drove my 36 coupe someplace besides to school and back, I was stopped and always got a safety check. Lights ,wipers, horn, brakes, the whole deal. I had the safest car on the road in Hayward Calif.

16. jasone

jasone

San Fernando Valley can be a pretty car friendly place. I live in the swanky part of Northridge, by the college, and cops love my car. LAPD and the Statee's that patrol the college never hassle me. That being said, I could do without all the snotty rich kids in our neighborhood. My ride was egged twice in the past 3 weeks....turds.

17. TIN INDIAN MAN

TIN INDIAN MAN

If I saw a really nice car, I wasn't above pulling it over to look at it. Met a bunch of nice people that way. More of us than you think, were and still are rodders........

18. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

I just got back from a short cruise in the T-Bucket and got a thumbs up from a deputy sheriff.

19. ARTEMIS1759

ARTEMIS1759

Actually our locals are pretty much all into the car scene or except it anyhow. Only time I ever got pulled over for anything was on main street in my old 58 Chevy Biscayne 4 door about a week afterwe tested it's limits and buried the speedomether with the 235 and 3spd OD and hit a bulge in the hi-way and wrapped the exhaust around the back axle. It was rusted so we ended up slapping a turnout on it where it broke off (about a foot past the manifold) and it was for it being a little loud. Probably because I passed the cop and he was on the driver's side lol.

20. i get pulled over left and right and i dont even have my hot rod running yet! i drive a slammed pickup or my old beetle and get pulled over always. stockton nad lodi ploice are crazy, i got pulled over 2 days in a row by the same cop, giving me tickets both times saying i should have fixed it by then haha