Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dead Beat club member in trouble. Needs Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OutLaw, Jan 16, 2005.

1. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Jeff is also a member of the HAMB, his handle here is : krownxiii. Jeff has severe asthma. Almost anything airborn can set it off. Last year while he was in Austin for the tattoo convention, he was staying with a friend who had cats, which induced an asthma attack, and he had to be hospitalized,...over this weekend, it happened again, but no cats,...the doctors thought maybe it was a reaction to the unusually high cedar pollen content in the air right now. They took tests, treated and released him, but at 3am the next morning, it happened again, and he couldn't breath. Jime' was in the same room with Jeff, called EMS, and they admitted him again.
    They put him in an induced coma to stabilize him, and he is hooked up to life support in ICU so they could try and get a handle on what the problem is. They are supposed to bring him out of the coma at 1:00 pm, Texas time. That's all I know so far.

If anyone would like to contribute art or anything, Dan's number was posted earlier, or, Jeff's address is:

Jeff Shea
    2159 Fred
    Warren, Mi. 48092

Thanks for your concern for our friend.

2. Whiskey

Whiskey

Any update on Jeff?? Did they get him out of the coma ok?? I don't want to bother Dan l'm sure he's being bombarded with phone calls...If anyone has any info please let me know

Whiskey

3. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Just heard from Jime',...he's staying in Austin with Jeff until Jeff's girlfriend Heather, (Dollar-For-Dollar here on the HAMB), get's down there tomorrow night. Jime' said they brought him out of the coma, but he was coughing so bad, and still couldn't breath on his own well enough, that they decided to knock him out again, until sometime tomorrow.

4. Whiskey

Whiskey

Man poor Jeff...Stupid Austin Pollen!! Thanks for the update..I'll keep my eye on the hamb and ear to the phone for any changes... Still wishin him well

Whiskey

5. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Come on you pinheads and artists, let's get some auctions goin for Jeff. I've got some money burnin a hole in my pocket for some art and to benefit Jeff.

6. OutLaw

OutLaw

7. First off... I wanna take a minute to thank everyone for their concern, support and good thoughts. This has been a really rough weekend for us, but we've got it easy compared to Jeff. I talked to Jime' and, as Mr.Gasser pointed out, the situation is the same. Tomorrow they will try to remove the breathing tube again, if that doesn't look like it will work, they will start to talk about operating to drain some fluid. I'm at home, for the moment, with some visiting friends from Japan. I'll be headed back to Austin on Wednesday to see Jeff in person again. $4$ is headed to Austin tomorrow, if she can get a flight. It was pretty hard to see Jeff in such a helpless state...this is a guy that doesn't let anything stop him from tattooing or pinstriping, so you know he has to be sick. The people at the convention were amazing with their show of support. Jeff will be stoked to know how many friends he has. I will have some things posted for auction or for sale soon...maybe later tonight or tomorrow night. If anybody has something they wanna throw into the auction/sale pile, just send me a p.m. I need to talk to Ryan first, though, to make sure this o.k...I don't wanna turn the board into some sorta charity-fund raiser thing. Maybe I'll just look into setting up a paypal account for Jeff. Sorry for the rambling...it's been a long couple of days. The reason we had the auction at the convention is because Jeff has NO insurance AND if he isn't working he isn't earning...Jeff and Jime' are also in the process of finding a new shop, so they don't have a home base, at the moment, to work from. They've just been kinda working on the road. For the moment, your thoughts and prayers are plenty. I'll be away from the computer for several hours, but I'll try to get back on line later tonight with some more info and some sorta plan. Thank you all.

8. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

there is an auction i just started for jeff, please bid freely.

9. I hope you get well soon Jeff. I'll do whatever I can to help.

10. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

Hey Dan, I know that it's not the BIGGEST contribution (I'm broke as a joke! [​IMG]), but tell Jeff that whenever he gets back to MI, Kritz and I have an open station at our shop. I'm sure we could get a few of the Flintoids to get tattooed by him, or he could do anything he has set up from D-town...(and in light of recent events, he can just tattoo Kritz & I instead of paying any percentage... [​IMG])

11. kritz

kritz
    from flint, mi

i actually know of about 5-10 people from flint that would LOVE to get tattooed by jeff...he is welcome at our shop anytime.
    hell, i'm not even worried about a percentage, i'd just like to see jeff back on his feet, and taking care of his bills.

12. Thanks again, everyone, for your support! I talked to Jime' last night and he said Jeff is still under sedation but looked a lot better. They're gonna try to take him off the respirater-machine-thing again today. Hopefully he'll be able to stay off of it. As for the monetary help...I'll have more to tell ya'll later today. Thanks again for all the support.

Dan

13. Marcy

Marcy

I just returned from finishing up business at the convention and wanted to express gratitude for all those that helped with Sunday's auction---Austin and Houston HAMBers at the show definately stepped up as well as Jeff's "tattoo family".
    We raised close to $8000 for Jeff----granted that realistically doesn't even cover a day in the hospital [​IMG] but at least it's a start.
    In a world that can be pretty cold during the day to day it helps put things in perspective when folks here on the HAMB and in the tattoo community jump in to help.

Thanks Tyler(Outlaw) for getting this post started since we were all computerless at the show.

Hopefully we'll have another health up-date soon.

Marcy

14. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

This in from Jime' around 6:00,...Jeff is awake, alert, breathing on his own, (not 100 percent yet), has most of the color back in his face, and is joking around with everyone,...Heather should be there around 10-10:30 tonight, and hopefully, he'll be well enough to be released tomorrow.

15. Whiskey

Whiskey

Yeah!!! Some good news!! Great to hear I'm sure Jeff will be back to normal in no time! Well as normal as jeff gets anyway [​IMG]

Whiskey

16. plmczy

plmczy

He's in our thought and prayers. I deal with a slight case of asthma,that scares the shit out of me. I can't even imagine what he must go thru. I hope everything turns out for the best. later shawn

17. LDNFAST

LDNFAST

Thank god...I hope he has a speedy recovery...i been worried for the last two days...hope he can come home soon....

18. As stated by Mr. Gasser, Jeff is awake and already trying to make jokes. he's pretty weak still, but it sure was a relief to hear his voice. The docs say he might get moved out of ICU tonight! If people want to donate any money, it is definitelly greatly appreciated! I emptied my PayPal account and money can be sent there, and I'll be sure to get it to Jeff.

[email protected]

I'll have some auction/sale items up for sale by Friday.

The docs tell us with any amount of luck, I'll be able to bring him and Jime' and Ron and Heather back to S.A. by Thursday or Friday!

thanks again for the support!

Dan

19. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

I wanted to bring this bttt. I did not get a chance to meet jeff at broken dream cruise this year but it was a great show and i have alot of jeffs work on my car that the past owner had done. Just wanted to say get well soon.

And to spark some intrest... i will be auctioning off my deck lid from my 50. It was painted by jeff aprox 2 years ago. I just have to find another one to put on before i can auction it. Or i may just cut out the art?

Attached Files:

20. DirtyT, that's a HUGE offer...I'm not sure if Jime' or Jeff painted that trunk, but it's a HUGE offer either way!

Good news...I talked to Jime' and he said Jeff may go home as early as Thursday! Maybe not, but there's a chance. He's still gonna be having to lay low, but I'm sure he will feel better if he can get home and get away from the Cedar down here and be in familiar surroundings. Jeff told me that he is " too big a prick to stay sick for very long"....man, it's good to hear his smart ass voice!

I'm still working on the auction/sale/raffle thing...bear with me...lots to think about and arrange. Thanks again to everyone that has shown support in anyway. It all means a lot.

21. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

as far as i know jeff painted it. but i cant remember shit. and i was very very green when i bought the car and didnt know any one in the "scene". i know mr.gasser knows who painted it. he has corrected me on details of the art work on the car before. To many things to remember these days [​IMG]

22. No big deal...they're both DEADBEATS, tattoo business partners and most importantly...friends. If I had a bigger monitor, I could tell who painted it....like I said, though...no big deal and it's a HUGE offer! [​IMG] You're gonna score big Karma points. [​IMG]

23. Glad to hear Jeff is doing better. I talked to Jimi last night as well and sent some DEADBEAT love from Detroit and told him to give Jeffery a big hug from the worlds oldest DEADBEAT. So that must of helped I'm sure [​IMG]

The funds raised at the Convention is overwhelming and goes to show how much the ART community cares about one another. Jeff is the kind of person that gives of himself often without hesitation. Now that kindness has come back to him it a big way.

24. I've had some time to sleep, rest and think. I think it would be best if anyone wishes to help Jeff, that they can make a paypal donation and/or think a good thought for him. As much as we all want to help him, I think this might not be the best forum...next thing you know the HAMB would be like a Labor Day telethon for Jerry Lewis with all the auctions for all the people needing help. I'm not trying to sound cold, just practical. All of the offers for auctions items have been overwhelming and much appreciated! If somebody has an idea about how to post them elsewhere, I don't think it wouldbe a problem to post a link, here, to the auctions. Make sense? I'm web-illiterate so I'm not sure what is entailed with setting up a quickie-web site and maybe having people just email bids. ??? Once again, here's my email for PayPal purposes, if anyone is [email protected]

Hopefully I'll hear some good news from Jime within the next couple of hours.

Dan

25. stangzilla

stangzilla
    from FTW Texas

26. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

DirtyT...Jime' actually painted the deck lid on the '50...

Dan,...how about checking with Jime' and Jeff to see if the Electric Superstition Tattoos website, (ESKUSTOMS.com), is still up and running, and if so, use that to start a page with auction items featured?

27. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

Thanks Mr gasser. I was hoping u would see that and chim in for me. U guys just let me know where i should put it up for auction and im all over it. glad to her jeff is doing better!

Bryan

28. Kool Kat

Kool Kat

Great news!
    [​IMG]
    It was a somber mood at the convention when the news about Jeff was gittin around.
    He needs to git outta Texas and away from this shit in the air here!

I got some things to add to the auction to help out too.

29. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Just heard from Jime' at around 2:00, (Detroit time), he says Jeff is doing much better, in fact, they're probably gonna move him out of ICU into his own room later today, and hopefully, they will release him late tomorrow if everything stays cool.

30. antichrysler

antichrysler

Dan,

When you get the site for the Jeff auction up and running let me know. I have some stuff I've been meaning to sell that I'll throw on that site for Jeff.

Pat

I'm glad to hear he's doing well. I would like to mention that all the DeadBeats present did a great job of taking care of their buddy when he needed it the most. Not only did they take care of Jeff. They handle the constant barrage of phone calls from concerned friends. Good Game!