Register now to get rid of these ads!

Not a 32 Ford 3 window, but I like it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Mar 7, 2010.

1. neverliftmotorsports

neverliftmotorsports

Hey nice work on the truck keep it up.

2. big creep

big creep

and what do you have that you want to give someone shit about what they are building? just wondering since i see no car on your profile?

3. billylo

billylo

At least Danny nearly has his truck going down the road. I have alot of cool projects, but who cares I can't drive any of them. Keep up the hard work, and tell Terry I said to bite me!!!!

4. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

i got a flat black 26 model t with a 16 inch chop and its about 3/4 of an inch off the ground, with red steel wheels. and the coolest tractor grille youve ever seen. didnt bother fixing any of the rust just sprayed the flat black right over the rot, cus thats whats cool. also no floor boards cus seeing the ground underneath you while your driving it what real hotrodders do. ill find some pics of it and post for ya.

trust me its badass.

5. big creep

big creep

WOW THAT SOUNDS SWEET! hahaha!

6. big creep

big creep

i think im going to be sick!

7. HotRod33

HotRod33

your's is a Great looking truck............ not the one above

8. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Danny ya truck is the bomb. Stop by the house when ya git er done cause I wanna go for a ride. I'll buy gas.

9. DMFB

DMFB

Man, some people. I have a 5 1/2 foot bed, and a 115 inch wheel base, so I didn't realise it was a bobber truck, dumbass. I have months worth of long nights doing body work, so there wasn't any painting over rust. AT the beginning of this thread I clearly stated I knew this truck wasn't very traditional, but wanted to share. I KNOW this is a traditional site, and I'm as big as any of traditional hot rods. I have poured every spare minute I have and every dime for a year into making this a nice daily driver. If you dig it cool, if not that is cool too, but keep your trap shut. There are plenty of other threads to rack up your # of posts on. Keep your R/R references to yourself. Chances are it is WAY better built than the Cherry red 32 3 window you wish you had, and are saving to have someone build you...someday. Thanks to all the others for your compliments. I'm really proud of the truck, and can't wait to get her on the road!

10. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

sorry man i didnt know it was a 5 1/2 foot bed, i take everything i said back. looks great.

nice signiture btw. those people with fiberglass cars aint got shit on your great looking truck.

11. DMFB

DMFB

12. DMFB

DMFB

I got quite a bit done with the headers tonight. Hopefully have those finished up tomorrow. Then I can crank it up for the first time, I'm super excited! I was going to run the hood, but I'm not sure how that is going to work out. I'm still trying to figure it out.

13. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

needs red wheels.

14. DMFB

DMFB

I agree oldcarfan, maybe I can borrow yours? And why your at it, will you finally sell me that PBR tap handle thingy!?!?!? It would make for a super really cool gear shift knob.

15. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man all the energy wasted on pissing contest about R R man im glad everyone needs to build the same shit AND anyone changes one damb thing here come the fuzz nuts and nit pickers . Convying your opinion here is a sin. P.S. this is my last post Im through Im crushing & scraping my shit and taking up kntting maybe the old ladies wont be as big bitches !!Mistake one giving a shit about anybodys opinion if your a rebel just do it !! BUILD WHAT YOU LIKE FUCK EM ALL !!

16. big creep

big creep

fuck yea look killer!

17. Fedman

Fedman

Congrats on getting her to this point.
    It looks like a plan followed through on, what a concept ehh?;) If you don't like it, please carry on, this is quite obviously a well built truck.
    I hope that you have a blast cruising it!

18. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks guys!

19. oldcarfan

oldcarfan
    BANNED
    from missouri

alright this has got out of hand, it started out with me giving you some shit and has gone downhill from there. i was just trying to be funny not start a bunch of drama. sorry, no bullshit. it doesnt fit my eye but youve done alot and the work looks good, so i can respect that. drive the piss out of it.

20. Raunchy

Raunchy

Thank Jesus ,Joseph and Mary you got rid of that highway patrol paint scheme you had going on there. I hear tell there is alot of fast company in your neck of the woods. So you better get all you can out of the Caddyhack. I've seen that color of Black somewhere before??? I guess now we know you really have a firebreathing Caddy!! Oh wait I am posting before you. Go ahead.

21. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Traditonal or not DMFB, thats one bad ass build. Cant wait to see more.

Chris

22. DMFB

DMFB

It runs! haha. As John already stated, it is still in the shootin fire stage, lol. I'm going to try to iron that out tomorrow. Thanks Raunchy/Nailhead Terry for all the help + parts, I owe you my wife. I mean my life, hahaha. Thanks for the compliment Chris, I appreciate it bro.

23. dlotraf

dlotraf

Killer Truck! The only thing rat about your truck is Mr Fink on the back. I like it..........I Like it ALOT! But hey I grew up on the RAT. I will look forward to seeing the finished project. Maybe see you at next years Roundup. Did you just layback the windshield on the chop or is the top raked slightly as well? Keep up the great work. BTW there are already enough 32's around.................:D

24. DMFB

DMFB

Thanks DLOTRAF. I took 5 1/2 out of the front, 5 out of the rear, then laid the pillars back, which made the front 6 1/2. The rear window was cut 3. Not a huge fan of mail slot rear windows, when you can't see shit as it is. I have full intentions on being at next years round up!

25. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

hey, everything doesn't have to be a 32 (or 34) three window. I like what you are doing here, this is a great project!

26. DMFB

DMFB

Well, after running for a few minutes I lost fire. Come to find out the rotor cap disintegrated. I bought a new one and put it on. Then, when adjusting the idle and air/fuel mixture Terry was bumoing the throttle. At this point it had about 15 minutes of run time on it. Well The back 2 barrels opened and STUCK! It went from 1700 or so RPM to the neighborhood of 5000 before you could say Oh Shit. I jerked the remote start wires off the starter while Terry ripped the skin off of his thumb yanking the throttle back. It scared the hell out of us. After our hearts slowed back down I recranked it and nothing was blown up thankfully. I guess I got the pushrod length and spacers on the rocker pedistal right, lol. Then I lost spark again. This time the rotor cap bolts rattle off AND broke the advance curve springs. I got yet another damn cap, this time I used locktight. Well after all of that excitement, I also mounted the seats today. After I insulate the cab and get carpet on the floors I will begin the wiring process. Thats a step I would rather fast forward on, I hate wiring.

27. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Dont need to get scared till it is around 6800, for what its worth, i have been around for awhile, and i like it, i even like it more that you did it yourself ,instead of having it done for you. Anybody can write checks to have someone else do it, but j m o

28. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I like your truck, its nicely done, I dig the big caddy. Thanks for sharing, that other truck.... ummm... i dunno.

29. DMFB

DMFB

That other truck someone else posted. That has nothing to do with me or this build, lol. Thanks for the compliments!

30. HarleyJess

HarleyJess
    from Tyler, TX

I WAS NOT aware I was being sold our for parts for the truck now.. Dont know how I feel about that. HUM... What a bunch of shit. :rolleyes: But besides that.. Babe the truck looks great. Now if we can just get Serenity around it..hahaha :D