Register now to get rid of these ads!

What did you find at the LARS 2010?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51 mercules, Jun 20, 2010.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

What did you find at the LARS?I found a pair of nice 56 Olds Starfire hubcaps for my 51 Merc project.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

Two 40 ford stering wheels, and turn signal switch, exhaust manifold, a pair of '50 pontiac taillights, and some bitchen clear plug wires. i don't know why but this swapmeet is the best for me every year.

3. i love that swap meet...........i found lots of small parts for the '36, some spare parts for the '47, a set of 6v sparta horns for $1 and an on the car tire balancer ...of course everything was cheap (i spent under $200 and filled my trunk). i wanted some more stuff but it wouldn't fit in the car, i need the panel truck running for next year.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. McFly

McFly

Bought some Bob Drake 32 hub caps and saved over $70....I couldn't be happier.

5. RG49MERC

RG49MERC
    BANNED

had a good time..Got some good scoreS..Picked up a bare 39 ford dash for $10 and a 39 toploader case for $20 yesterday..a BIG THANKS to tikidiablo for getting me into the show for free..

6. 51 mercules

51 mercules

You did good!

7. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Hurst front mount motor plate, offset 5/8" wrench for doing plugs. Did I need the mount?, no, just a good price. Just going to add it to the pile! :D

8. 29 bones

29 bones
    from so cal

got me some 35 hub caps,29 phaeton sill plate all (4),a pair of 36 spare wheel covers,
    and 1935 wires with tires...here is a pic

[​IMG]

9. eric

eric

astro style slots, like NEW 14x6 reversed for my model t project! and a pair of cal custom finned v/c's! some chevy bow-tie tailights NEW and some speedway motor mounts (hockey pucks) in the packaging and only spent $140 total:cool:
    [​IMG]

10. John Denich

John Denich

I got a great deal on some new Firestones for the 51 and a split bench for my 51! the seat was 25 bucks complete!

11. How did you get it home? I looked in the bed of my truck,and didn't see any seats...

12. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Did he get his wheel too?

13. I found the running boards for my '40 Ford Coupe (sorry if I got in anyone's way with those), and a chunk of other randomness. Oh and the side trim for $20.

I really wish I had the skill of haggling, I heard of so many good deals. I watched one guy get s nice deal on a set of already polished Eddie Meyer heads for a 21 stud. I was working a deal on a 2x2 Evans intake for my flattie, but I had other stuff I wanted to try and find, so I passed on it. $280 didn't seam bad, but I needed other stuff more.

I did have much more luck and enjoyed the swap better than the Pomona swap a couple weeks back.

14. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

I got a nib fuel gauge for 10 and a dual e-fan for 15

Maybe neither will fit/work but it was a deal! :)

15. angry

angry
    from ventura ca

got a great 1929 roadster pickup cab

Attached Files:

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Well I never left my swap space, and only bought two items, a 31 roaster windshield frame I bought from Justin B for 75 dlls, and a front and rear seat for Mikey's 35 convertible sedan for 75dlls that I bought from Sinus.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well I didn't come back with much in the way of tangible stuff, ( Aug1961 HOT ROD, some deep lug nut for my slot mags, four other vintage magazines) but more importantly, like every year for the last twenty I came away having met quite a few more of our little brotherhood and having one hell of an adventure! Also, every year I see and say hi to so many people that I've known for so many years now. Guys, it's always the best weekend of the year! Thanks... Oh yeah, that and a massive case of over indulging at Clearman's Northwoods steakhouse in West Covina! White salad rules!!!

18. hey magoozi, you should have taken the 100 bucks lucky offered you for the frame, haha i found a set of mag halibrand solids but i didnt have 8,000 bucks with me (wtf) i couldnt find any good deals on any thing i wanted.... oh well had fun looking....

19. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

In a moment of weakness I got this wonderful thing ((( :D )))and some other not nearly as cool stuff…….the best part was seeing friends meeting new ones and spending time with my dad.

[​IMG]
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((("Swerve"))))))))))))))))))))))))

20. Bodger45

Bodger45

I got a rebuilt 6 volt Sparton horn for $40 bucks. Just about every vendor had a few cool things. I have to bring more dough next year!

21. found me a restored 51 Cadillac Steering wheel for $50 and a hard to find right side spotlight bracket for $5.

22. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I finally found the 16 by 3 1/2 V8-60 wheels I have been looking for as well as a re-pop Hexagon air filter for my Flathead. I am so stoked

23. Justin B

Justin B

i got a real nice chromed dropped heavy axle for 400, a pretty good model a decklid that i needed for 180, and some amazing carne tacos from miguel for free. best of all i sold over half the load i went up with.

greg, that weesner painting is amazing, tons of detail for a smaller piece, when you came back with it you were kinda shaking with joy.

for me it was the best lars swap in years, not only the cars/parts but getting to hang out and bs with people i only see a few times a year. one of these years i might even make it over to the roadster section...

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

3.5" Wide Fives or 40's? Cool either way but even cooler if they are 40's!

25. A T Shirt from Limey Steve's joint after spilling coffee on the one I wore out there
    A couple of nice manifolds
    A Tom Fritz Oil Painting, oops there went all the swap meet profit :eek:

Oh yeah, and a buyer for my C.O.E. :D

26. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

40's, I guess I should have clarified that. Bitch'in, huh?

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Last Fathers Day swap I went to I steered a buyer to a nice gent with a '34 roadster for sale. He retaliated by selling me a pair of NOS '32 spindles for $15!!!
    Same day I got a repop 3 spoke Bell new in box for $60. I love that show!
    Had to miss it this year, dammit. Wanted to meet some of you SoCal Hambers. Soon!

28. I got a turkey leg for $9.50, and I got to meet the "Cam Father" - Mr. Isky!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  29. Mike

Mike

I found Joe Barnett (he didn't know he was lost), actually, he found me. It was bitchin' to finally meet him. Joe was reunited with his T Touring for awhile, I had several really good conversations with him throughout the weekend and I got lotsa good pictures. What a great guy, totally cool.

I found a decent pair of steel rear fenders for my deuce tudor, a pair of 15"x6" five spoke mags, really nice Fenton valve covers for the y-block in my Starliner, a Pipeline Hot Dog aluminum deck skate board, red metal flake crash helmet and a cheap, great running but kinda rough '55 T-Bird.

Plus, I got to spend time with my gal Mary (she's in Huntington Beach, I'm in Phoenix).

Whoa Nelly, damn good weekend.

P.S. didn't make it to SoCal or Walden Speed, had to mooch a ride to Auto Zone for a battery on Friday night.

30. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

V8-60 tube axle for my 32 project and Tom Fritz painting.