Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dumbest thing an "EXPERT" has said about your ride?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SOHC427, May 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

don't give a damn about what them lot say. flat black is the new flat black. i know this because we have a flat black 33 chevy.

2. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

kids and their damn hop-up parts

3. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

i had a buddy that had something worse than that. he had a 30 ford i think and some jackass started opening the hood of my friend's car. a long story short, the jackass bent the grill shell, and my buddy saw it all happen.

4. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

that is halerious. i bet that boyd would kick him out faster then a honda driver to the HAMB!

5. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

yep, agreed. i may not be able to drive because of my eyes, but i ain't no damn tuner lover. let the rice burn!!!!

6. I agree more and more the general public is apparently all on crack. Example -

eBay questioner: "I opened the photos of your car with my child in the room and my wife had to call a Catholic Priest to get my son to stop making those aweful sounds. Thanks alot."

My answer: "I think you're mixed up and your kid was fine until the priest got there."

I don't know WTF else to say to that one.

7. croxxedmember

croxxedmember

hey man, i am 16, and i know the difference between the two. we pulled a 348 on the day of my ninth birthday. best birthday ever! we upgraded though, and got a 409.

8. AntiBling

AntiBling

On the online selling front, I love the people who read a title, look at the pictures, and then email you screaming you're trying to rip people off.

Example, selling a NOS set of weatherstripping for 73 El Camino, titled it NOS Weatherstripping for 73 Monte/El Camino.

Description was "This is a new old stock set of weatherstripping that a mouse got into and chewed it a little bit at the bottom."

Then the pictures were close ups of the damage. Damage that wouldn't be noticeable when it was put on and didn't hurt its functionality.

Some guy, not even interested in buying it, sends me an email:

"NOS means NEW OLD STOCK not USED."

If it was me selling my stuff I would've got real smart with him, but since I was selling for someone else I politely told him the description and explained that if he had read the description before shooting off to me on an email, he would've seen that.

9. Definately. If I had a nickel for every person who came along with an eBay question who obviously didn't read the description, I sure as hell wouldn't need to sell anything on eBay ever again.

10. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

As a few have said previously, sometimes the situation is reversed. Now I have rarely if ever said stupid things in regard to another person's car, and have no desire to, but while viewing some cars at a local show, I sure was treated as though I had. So I'm looking at this guy's Pinto...tubbed, wild colors, etc. with a 460-based engine. Tunnel ram intake, lots of braided steel lines and anodized fittings and such. Not my favorite type of car, but I was impressed with the fact that I was actually looking at a big-block Pinto. the owner was standing at the front fender, and even though I wasn't getting a warm "vibe", I thought I'd try. "Wow.", I said. "460?" He looked at me with a smirk, and said something sarcastic like, "No...it's a smallblock Chevy." WTF...smart-ass.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  11. aceuh

aceuh

And yet at the end of the day he still drove home in a Pinto....

12. madgrinder

madgrinder

ram him...

wait for it...

here it comes...

IN THE REAR!!!

13. Mac_55

Mac_55

Just the other day , The mayor of a neighboring town sees my 4 door driver sitting in my sisters yard . He walks around it , stands 10 feet back and says " what year ford is that ?" To which was replied " uhmm thats a chevy" ........ After a quick puzzled look on his face , he lights up like a christmas tree with the bright idea of " well , since its a chevy , Id put some old stickers on it and paint a number 3 on the door , that is identicle to the cars dale earnhardt drove "

My old " ford" in all its glory .......... LOL dale would be proud ha ha ha

[​IMG]

14. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

You should think about painting the wheels on your Rambler a different color.

[​IMG]

15. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

what you should do...

16. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

he's no expert but my dumbass older brother told me when i bought my 62, 3/4 Chevy that sat for 11 years and was all banged up, "that thing will never run". well, that was circa 1982 and not only did i get it running but i still have it and i'm still driving it. lol....

17. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

how do u open the back doors/ or why did u weld the back doors shut...
    on my ford custom tudor sedan

18. Guy was looking at my limeworks blinker housing on the column and proceeds to tell me that its a stock item! I just nodded and smiled.

19. large-stache

large-stache

A guy at a show told me he liked the way my car (62 Bonneville) sat, and asked me what I did to my suspension. I told him 3 inch drop coils in the rear, and cut stock coils in the front. Then the "expert" (some other guy) pipes up and tells me "yep, looks like you cut a half a coil in the front." I told him " No, 2 coils." Then the expert says again " you cut half a coil probably" Then I told him again "2 coils". He looks at me like I'm lying to him.

20. rustbucketcb

rustbucketcb
    from Joplin, MO

So I havnt been able to find a bed for my truck (63 F100) since Ive owned it.
    ...I am constantly hearing.....

Hey, looks like ya lost something, or the best..Hey, did ya know ya dont have a bed on that truck.....PISSES ME OFF!

Also, a good story..pretty recent as well:
    Prissy boy in a pinkish purpleish honda: Geez, man, looks like you just pulled that shit out of a junk yard.

Me: Well Id rather have something that looks like it came out of a junk yard, that something that looks like it came out of a barbie play set! :D

...he didnt have too much to say after that, lol!

21. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

Girl at the dinner across from the shop "you're a mechanic, I think my oil is low"
    "Did you check it?"
    "well, no, but the gauge on the dash says empty"
    "What?"
    "The oil level gauge"
    "You mean the oil pressure?"
    lecture on pressure lubrication ensues.

Guy I work with talking to another co-worker under the hood of a 63 Galaxy "That fuel injector is wierd" "That's a carb, man"

Girl at a party "...they banned the Ninja in Kansas because it's too fast"

"Who's rice burner?" "that's a Ducati, it's Italian" man looks confused, then offended and offers up "Have you ever ridden a Big Dog?" "No, why would I want to do that?"

At a bar with a friend when a man asks him about his Triumph Daytona 995 "That your crotch rocket?" "Yes" "Want to race? I've got my Harley(1200 sportster), I'll kick your ass" -blathering about horsepower ratings ensues and my friend ends the discussion with "Yeah, our bikes make the same power at 7000 rpms, but then mine continues to make power until 11,500 where I make more than twice the power you do, so if you still want to race the betting starts at 500."

My sister-in-law's dumb ass engineer brother talking about his 69 GTO "I've had it up to 170" "That seems optimistic" "No, that motor is brand new, it makes near 500 horsepower" "What engine did you put in there?" "The original 400, It has new bearings rings and an Edelbrock carb" "*blinks* Right." My being glad I didn't waste a ton of money on grad-school ensues.

We had installed a Greddy twin turbo kit on a 350Z for a customer, he drove the car about eight months, and rarely missed a test and tune or open track night at the local strip in that time. The car ran well, dyno'd near 550hp at ten psi. He came in super pissed one week claiming that we needed to rebuild his engine because our install ruined his engine. How did our install ruin his engine? He set the boost to 16 pounds and broke half the piston rings.

22. cheemo

cheemo

A guy walked up to my garage and asked me how much horsepower my engine has. I just say I don't know. He then tells how his "friend" has an eagle talon that puts out 800 horse. I say you should bring her by. I havn't seen him since.

23. nocoastsaint

nocoastsaint

I bet a Talon would make 800hp, at something along the lines of fifty pounds manifold pressure and ten thousand rpms. It'd make 800, for about three seconds.

24. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Unfortunately, YES!!

25. Heo

Heo

my father was at a gas station with his 27 roadster
    and a read it all know it all nerd about 17 walks up
    It smels two stroke here
    Uhu,,maby you are to close to your vespa then

No i mean this car have a twostroke engine

No its not its a four stroke

No sir you are wrong all old cars are two stroke

Realy?I hear you are an expert on cars

Yes i am i have read all about cars

Mhm i gues thats beat my expierens working with cars
    and motorcycles for the last 40 something yers

Yes i gues so to. Why dont you restored it to stock?

Ohh i thougt it was stock

No its not you could only get it in black and a cromed grill you
    could only get that in 32 on fords 32 -36 is the same but 32
    is the only one thats cromed

Oh my you are a real expert can i cal you before i start to restore
    the next car so i dont do some stupid misstakes

Yes heres my number but in a couple of years i have probably
    moved to germany and work for porshce or audi as cheif enginere
    and then i dont have time to help you

then my father couldent hold i any more and laughed his ass of

26. J-Gilmoore

J-Gilmoore

An "expert"walked into my garage, telling me my fullfendered B11 whit a Volvo 4banger wasn`t a hot rod, cus a real hotrod only had V8s. Ok if you say soo.
    But i didnt build it for you to be happy.
    [​IMG]

27. haul'n ash

haul'n ash

:cool: WOW, this post will run forever! OK here's a couple.

"Plymouth did'nt make woodies"
    "Is that real wood?"

28. TrannyMan

TrannyMan

I have had a million people guess or ask me what year my Chevrolet is, It's a 55 Plymouth I tell them, Huh? looks just like a Chevy. Uh No, It doesn't.

29. deadgearhead

deadgearhead
    from Washington

So this isn't a flathead? ('59 Plymouth)
    [​IMG]

30. 59f100

59f100
    from USA

I wish people like you would wear signs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.