Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford 3Window Barn Find in Pennsylvania Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 10, 2010.

1. turbodickie

turbodickie

the buyer knocked a home run on this one.

2. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

3. sodas38

sodas38

Jees, I think the buyer came out pretty dang good. Ask 3WLarry how good a deal that was. I gurantee he would have liked to start with a body that decent.

4. alsancle

alsancle

I'm not a 32 ford guy but I think that car is very cool and probably a bargain. From what I can tell 32s trade at about 3 to 4 times what any other low end (for the time) 1932 car went for.

5. fatabone

fatabone

That 221 is coming out. It's getting a smallblock chevy with a 5 speed...The owner previous to Mr Ness built this car with a smallblock chevy so Tim is taking it back to that so don't give him any crap.

6. baylissrestorations FL

baylissrestorations FL
    BANNED

omg fucking gold man........lucky u CB

7. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

yay! another small block t 5 combo! is he going to paint it red to?

8. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Another 32 that will be just like the rest,I wish someone would use some imagination but if he wants to be like everyone else then let him.

9. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Red Lion , Pa. The one side you saw in the picture was the good side ! Still was a good find . I saw the ad in the weekly car mag that we get around here . Was going to go and see what it was going to bring but why waist my time ! Can't afford it anyway !

Retro Jim

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Yep, i agree

11. moefuzz

moefuzz

Well hopefully he will put a Ford hood on it and won't open it at the car show
    'just like the rest' of them do.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  12. tradition - an inherited pattern of thought or action
    tradition - custom: a specific practice of long standing

Yeah, that wouldn't fit "traditional" rod culture AT ALL...would it?:confused:

How about this...let's applaud Tim on a car well bought and let him enjoy it?

13. fatabone

fatabone

Flatpower...No it will be black with the interior done the way it is now. He doesn't own any red cars except his 64 Corvette and that has faded to orange

Junkyardjeff...Like I said the car had a smallblock Chevy in it in the early sixties. This guy has plenty of cool cars and no they are not like everyone elses.

Moefuzz...I think people who open their hoods at cars shows are tool bags...Why open it just don't run one

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

And I think people that disgrace a historic car and good brand name are tool bags.

After all,
    GM, between 1928 and 1953 inclusively, outsold and out manufactured Ford by a factor of 2 to 1.

Yet the fact remains: even though GM built twice as many cars as Ford during
    that 25 year era, very, very few have survived today.

?
    Now If GM had focused on building quality (as opposed to quantity) bodies and engines,
    Then this thread would be about the latest 32 ch*vy quality steel "barn find" wouldn't it?.
    After all, it's not hard to design or build things of lasting stature and/or of a quality nature is it?

-----------

I'm an old geezer and have gone to hundreds of car shows and events and
    have seen just ->1<- single 32 ch*vy running around with it's original engine.
    And that cars owner is a friend of mine.

Yet like Everybody else, I still see 1000's of 28 to 53 Fords with
    Bangers and Flatheads running around year after year.
    -I don't blame those owners for being proud of their drive trains and opening their hoods...

And I don't blame the government motors crowd for being embarrassed
    to open their hoods on T's, A's and V8 Fords at car shows

Because there is no reason to be proud of "The Fact" that GM has never
    built a car (body or engine) that has or can last as long, or compare in quality to
    what was found at the auction in this thread,
    And that takes into consideration that GM
    out produced and out manufactured their closest competitor
    in "32" and for almost every year thereafter..

..Of course this is all just my humble opinion and I am opinionated,
    But I wouldn't Disgrace a good car by putting a planned obsolescence engine in it.
    hmmmm, Come to think of it, government motors came ->this close<-
    to 'planned obsolescencing' themselves out of business but
    us taxpayers all kindly chipped in some 80 billion $$.

------------

And still, at the car shows time passes on and the guys
    with original bodied 20's thru 50's cars still open their hoods so people
    can see something that the competition was never able
    to build or engineer in their own car bodies of which are all long gone, dead and buried.

------

You see, as an old geezer "I get it"

"I Get" the fact that gm lovers don't have an almost endless stream of
    1932, 36, 40, or 1950 "GM" bodies to find 'in barns' or to pull
    from the fields so they are Forced
    to use old Ford bodies and disgrace it with proven planned obsolescence.

So when people in this thread say things like "another one bites the dust" they
    are actually saying "another gm guy can't find any pre 1955 ch*vy steel so he
    has to use a Ford body and then come onto forums and say things like "Fords Suck, 350's rule"

And if that sounds hypocritical, its because it is.

jmho

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  15. Don't you ever get tired of spouting off, all this "master plan of obsolescence" crap? Have you not noticed, everything you buy these days is planned to wear out? Many, fine automobiles were made with wood structures, like the GM's, go to any concours event and look for a lot of early high end Classics, and they were built that way too. This thread was about this great 32 3 window, not your political agenda. Sorry every one , lets get back to this "hot Rods" future, it's a cool looking project.

16. Nerner

Nerner
    from New Jersey

I'm a little confused!!!! Am I allowed to open my hood or not???

17. Do as i do and go hoodless.

18. Clark

Clark

Moefuzz.....it's called hot rodding! It's what we do here. The 32 ford may be the most popular hot rodded car but i got bad news for you......the sbc is probably the most popular hot rod engine.

It's his car and it's what he wants.

As far as the guys saying it's going to be just like the rest. that's a funny statement. It's a 32 Ford!! they're all just like the rest. If you want different, buy different. It's not easy doing a 32 different....trust me I tried like hell to make my 32 different.

Sorry flathead in a 32. That's been done to death. Hell Ford did it how many times :)

In the end do it your way! Flatheads are cool! SBC's are cool!
    Clark

19. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

man you guys got fuzzs hair standing up !! so many ways to do a 32 ,but in the end, his car,his way,me i like 32+ sbc+ 4 speed= hot rod ,but thats just me, some old geezer !!

20. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

hey clark thats why i put a smallblock ford in my 31.:D:rolleyes:

21. fatabone

fatabone

You can open your hood all you like and proudly display any engine you'd like. The only reason for the comment was I hate taking pics of cars with the hoods up it ruins the lines of the car. Just a personal thing.

Tim likes Fords but he really likes 33-34 Plymouths and Hillegass sprint cars and owns a few. Simply he just doesn't care what anyone thinks of what he does with any of his cars he has been doing this for over fifty years. He has correct and incorrect but in the end he's happy with what he has.

22. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Attention!! Attention!! You guys that continually rag on Chevy engines...............give it a rest. We get where your coming from and PETA is pissed that your still beating a horse that's been dead for years. Ever consider this.........the '32 ford and the SBC are the best of the breed..........putting them together just makes sense if you have two (2) functioning brain cells.

Frank

23. Carter

Carter

People with 2 or more functioning brain cells are rarer than barn find 32 3 windows.
    If you guys want to keep a Chevy engine out of it, you should have bid it to 20K or more.

24. nice! :d

25. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Put An early Hemi with a blower on it, stick shift. not too many of those.

Ago

26. A Rodder

A Rodder

yblock ford baby

27. billylo

billylo

Seconded!!!!

28. moefuzz

moefuzz

Yes I noticed, but I don't "conveniently" ignore the fact that it Was Alfred Prichard Sloan, the CEO of General Motors who not only coined the term "Planned Obsolescence" but also invented the idea of having every part of his new 1927 cars designed with a "death date" built into them.

And Yes I noticed everything today is planned obsolescence and I also realize that GM invented the term, idea and product and the rest of the world (since that day in 1927) , has followed in GM CEO Alfred Sloan's footsteps and given us all products that are designed to break in our hands.

I suppose you think that is a good thing or did you not realize that it was in fact, The CEO of GM that invented and thought of the very idea of planned obsolescence in 1927 and the rest is history?

And no, I will never give GM a break for handing the world the idea that we all need to buy a transmission 3 times while also buying 2 new heater control modules and rebuilding the engine 4 times due to fast wearing cylinder walls that all require you to go back to GM for service and parts

How convenient

I can't blame the rest of the world for following in the footsteps of GM's 1927 invention of Planned Obsolescence, but I can squarely point the finger at the person who invented the idea and the term and subsequently was the same person and company to first think of the idea of building things to break down instead of building a better mouse trap.

...If you see no problem with GM CEO Sloan's 1927 "planned obsolescence" invention then so be it.
    If you see no problem with every and all other companies following in GM's 1927 footsteps,
    If you see nothing wrong with re-buying every part in a car because each has reached it's pre designed death date and has suddenly ceased to work,
    then so be it.

Me, I like finding 32 barn finds and returning them to their former quality/glory.

Others prefer to change engines and transmissions to the bic lighter variety while also placing a quality 9 inch differential behind them which is all handily wrapped up in a quality and long lasting 1932 car body.
    How Convenient

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  29. moefuzz

moefuzz

No offense but that doesn't mean that it's a respected engine,
    unlike the respected car that he is putting it in.

....just my humble opinion and I am opinionated.

30. moefuzz

moefuzz

I couldn't put those words in the same sentence and keep a straight face or pass a lie detector test for that matter.

Cus the 32 Ford Is the best of the breed but.........

jmho