Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hitachi Grinder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 88 gtu, Jun 18, 2010.

1. 88 gtu

88 gtu

I just wanted to spread the word on this tool.I bought one for commercial glazing when i did that and it's one of my favorite tools.It's a 4 1/2 inch grinder that can be had at lowes for around 40.00.It takes grinding wheels, cutoff wheels,masonary wheels and they now make sanding wheels too in different grits.I use the shit outta mine and i showed it to my dad and he bought one that day! This is perfect for a guy that doesn't have air in his garage,and it's way cheaper than a quality air tool.I have a garage with air and i still use this like crazy.I got the idea for this thread when i was just reading a thread about BBC springs and cutting them down.I was gonna see how my pontiac looked at different heights before i junk the stock front end and this thing cut through the springs like butter.
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...utBI_8wAWPir3UCg&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

2. calvinh

calvinh

We use Hitachi finish nailers. Very affordable and better than my Bostich nailers. I also have a 14 year old Hitachi drywall gun that is as good or better than some of our Dewalts. The make a good product.

3. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Hitashi tool's OWN!

I have a 10" compound mitre saw and it loves abuse. I have worked it 8 hours a day for a few years and zero trouble.
    Believe me when I tell you NO ONE makes a better framing gun then Hitashi. All their nail guns I have used work well but there is no other framing gun to own.

When it comes to tools I will buy Ameican guns as soon as someone makes one half as good.

4. 88 gtu

88 gtu

Ya my dad has DeWalt stuff.When he works with me and uses the hitachi stuff he always says "When i get done replacing this DeWalt Shit with the Hitachi I'm gonna run over ALL of my dewalt tools with my truck and send them the video".DeWalt is junk now, it's not what it used to be.

5. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

The cordless Dewalt tools are pretty good, I use Millwalkee cordless and like them a lot. I have a 4" Makita gringed and its real smooth so I guess it works good. When it comes to grinders I like them to be smooth and not rattle.
    At work I use pasload staplers/ Hitashi framing guns / Skill worm drive saw and the Hitashi compound mitre.
    I have used a Dewalt worm drive saw, it seemed ok, you just can't beat the Skill for lasting.

6. calvinh

calvinh

Has anyone used Hitachi cordless tools? Very price effective but have never used them.

7. Animal Chin

Animal Chin

For cordless I would buy my Makita all over again if stolen. I have the 18v. lith. batt. quick charge. Drill, Impact and light. All are the best of the best.

8. 88 gtu

88 gtu

I have all cordless hitachi tools,They're great The batterys last way longer than dewalt and they're tough,comfortable,and reliable.I also have this impact driver and i paid 199.00 for mine on sale and it was THE BEST 200.00 i ever spent.That thing will back out suspension bolts if u crack them loose with a bar.The place i worked for did 50/50 on tools so i actually only paid 100.00 out of my pocket and trust me i beat the everliving shit outta this thing and it WON'T give up.This is one badass tool and they make one with more TQ and it has a 1/2 inch drive on it.I don't have it yet but seeing how much balls the 1/4 in hex drive one has i could only imagine.Heres links to both of them.I have the top one and i use adapters for 1/4,3/8,and 1/2 inch drive.
    http://www.google.com/products/cata...DPBqKflwegt-y5Cg&sa=title&ved=0CA0Q8wIwATgA#p

http://www.google.com/products/cata...n0LofslAeelqG0Cg&sa=title&ved=0CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I bought a new Hitachi bench top band saw. Cheapest made piece of garbage I ever owned. It broke almost immediately.

The motor would stall and would not start the blade without grabbing the blade with your fingers and giving it a tug. :eek: Really safe.

I took it back to the tool dealer and he gave me another new one in the box. I had him set it up so that it was working and adjusted properly.

Took it home and did some light wood cutting with it and it quickly started doing the same thing the first one did.

I returned it and got my money back, bought a different brand and never looked back.

I think Hitachi products are cheap junk.

10. sobpunx

sobpunx

i use hitachi nail guns at work all the time, they work great i have used the cordless impact with out problems, but like stated before the mikita impact is the best ive used

11. havi

havi

Where I work, I used a Hitachi G12SE2 grinder. I liked it a lot. Lighter-weight, too, which when you are grinding for 8 hours, it helps. It lasted longer than any other grinder in the 11+ years working there. I now use a Dewalt grinder, which is fine, but is shorter in length, so I can't really lay two hands on it when grinding off weld-tabs.

12. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The 4-1/2 inch gringer is a real workhorse. I replaced two Dewalt grinders with two hitachi grinders, for half the price, and I have no regrets. I also have a belt sander than I love. I purchased a cordless 1/2 inch hammer drill, 18v, about two years ago on clearance and it just now died. Please note that I am a carpenter by trade, and use the tool 6 days a week, every week, and love it. Some of the cordless hitachi stuff is a little cheap, but you have to get one with a bigger battery. I have a 1/2 inch 18v 1.5 ah (amp hour) drill that bit the dust real quick. The hammer drill is a 3 ah 18v. It has a lot more ass, and is all but identical in capability to the dewalt $600 drill. I paid like $280 for it. Now that it is dead, I am looking at Milwaukee. I will jump on the Dewalt hate wagon any day. It is overpriced shit, and since black and decker bought them, and porter cable, they are all going down hill unless you buy the hight dollar stuff.

13. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

Ive got that same green grinder.Luv it.Ive got a ton of air tools but i like the Hitachi for cutting sheetmetal with a 1/16 cutoff wheel.

14. CobraBall

CobraBall
    from N. Texas

The wife luvs her Hitachi! :rolleyes:

15. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Hilti makes a really good compact Hammer Drill [ not cordless ] I use the piss out of mine with zero trouble. It's a really good tool.