Register now to get rid of these ads!

i bought the uglyest car/anybody know anything about it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynstone, Sep 9, 2008.

1. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Here's my .02:

First of all, that car is not a hack. Look at the component placement under the hood and the wiring and plumbing. This car was very well constructed.

Secondly, yes, it is fugly.

Thirdly, it has survived all this time as-is. It makes no sense to cut it all apart. Preservation and stewardship should still count for something.

With careful selection of two-tone paint, you can camouflage the unfortunate lines of the body above the belt line and the wheel openings. PhotoShop is your friend - you can try different paint schemes out to see what works best. Just as the ladies transform their appearance with makeup, you can make this car look all right, too.

To illustrate my point, recent photos of Pam Anderson with and without makeup (both photos from Dec 2009):

pamela-anderson-composite.jpg BENJ0095a_wenn2698973_medium.jpg

2. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-------------------------
    Or more correctly...less than!:D :D

Mart3406
    ==============

3. second_time_around

second_time_around
    from Ohio

I'll go out on a limb here ((( wanta Sell it ? ))) I could like it ... brown body with dark green fenders and I'd be styling

4. RATFINKFOREVER

RATFINKFOREVER
    from Canada Eh

Could be a neat car one day.

5. 1 foot in the grave

1 foot in the grave
    BANNED

Yeah but it's traditionally ugly. Still looks better than most of the shit that's mass produced these days though.

6. voodoojl

voodoojl

It just needs a little TURD polish and it will be fine!

7. Maybe you could flip it......over and over and over:eek:! No ,seriously it seems to draw a lot of replies here so just leave it alone someone will buy it for triple what you paid and you can get something better to waste time on:). I bet the same guy is now grafting the 53-5 Corvette front and rears to new Corvettes, seems like the same mentality;). Gotta give credit for the ambition to do that though they definitely spent some time on it, probably should have went to some design classes first:eek:. It had some potential but somewhere it lost direction:confused:. You gotta admit it has you studying it for corrections. I gave about two minutes of thought and posted this conclusion. There is an ass for every seat.:rolleyes:

8. flynstone

flynstone

thought i had it sold but the guy flaked out ................i am trying to post it in the want ads but i wanna post that photoshop pic also ..........wish i had the knowhow to make it the same

9. After looking at the photos...it does have potential. Some sheetmetal work to round the front fender so it doesn't look like an old flat fendered Jeep and you will have car that will look a lot better and defitinely turn heads when you drive it.

10. Red Ram Hemi

Red Ram Hemi
    from Shack

Ok,

Chop, cut, & Rebuild....Pimp my ride... or Give Foose a big challange!

Red Ram

11. flynstone

flynstone

well its fiberglass so it could be done ,,,in the pohotoshop its badd ass.......

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

chop it ..... Bout 4'

13. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Ugly cars can be fun,face the challenge and let's see what you can make of it.I can't wait to see it.:)

14. I'd chop it about 10 feet so the pit would be deep enough and we never see the likes of it again.:rolleyes::eek:

15. I spy a 40's vintage Sun model E-1 tach transmitter....(very rare) This one even has the early style mounting 'ears' rather than the 1950's style triangular ones.

Looks like there's a model D tach in the dash, just above the row of gauges. Very cool!

[​IMG]

16. Looks like an early kit car maybe from the later '50s or early '60s.

I'm going to make a big assumption here. The hudson mill probably had the export package. I know that several makes sold cars with what they called an export package that normally included multiple carbs and a split exhaust.

I'm not sure that I would want ot own it personally but it is different and I'd probably want to give it a closer look if I saw it somewhere. Interesting piece of history.

17. looks lik an mg-triumph combo

18. Plowboy

Plowboy

Remember when you would always try to build something cool out of legos, but the result was always a little less than what you desired?

Well, this car looks like it was made out of legos.

19. Big Fat Ugly TR3 RePo, I like it!

20. DWBlietz

DWBlietz
    from California

I like ugly cars vision is what some people have and some people don't JamesD has it thanks for your rendition

21. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

x2 on the Luftwaffe camo look... Now the chick..... And i use that term loosely well, i'm a firm believer that theres somethin to admire about ALL women but dude! You're makin me work at it.. I came up with 2.... If ya scroll down, make her head disappear, close 1 eye and poke the other 1 out, she's got nice tits.... And.... You know how some women are easy to look at, some are good cooks, some good in bed? Well, in her case, her best feature is the fact that she isn't here now....

22. flynstone

flynstone

lady's and gentlemen dw is the new owner and he is going for the james d version, that car is going to blossom ......its got some real good stuff to start with, but i have way to many cars and need to concentrate on others. funny thing im almost finished with my 61 and james d came thru with a paint scheme that kicks ass................dw post some pics of your other cars

23. deto

deto

Anyone got that chicks number? I call dibs. In my experience the ugly ones do more stuff...