Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest The Ones That Got Away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DEVIL DAN, Jun 18, 2010.

1. DEVIL DAN

DEVIL DAN

Hey Guys, what the one car and or girl you most regret letting go, pic would help

2. howco

howco

1934 ford 2 dr sedan, sbc, juice, traded it for a sweet 57 chev Bel Air, regret it to this day, it was sweet.......

3. rockyfarmer

rockyfarmer

56 Ford F100 panel....solid great running original bought it in 78 for 500 bucks. Sold it to a buddy a couple year later for 1500......what a dumb ass

4. DEVIL DAN

DEVIL DAN

Mine was a 55 chevy 2 door post fresh sbc a real honey, waited to long to buy it $1500, dumb dumb dumb

5. BenW455

BenW455

Mine was a 72 GTO with a 455 auto with 4.56 gears. She would pass everything but a gas station.

6. ezdusit

ezdusit

How about a '36 Ford 3-window with rumble seat. Cherry, cherry, cherry. Dripping with flathead speed equipment. Three Strombergs, lots of SW gauges. I was in the navy, being transferred, and sold it for $1,200 in 1964. There was more money than that in the paint job. I miss that car almost 50 years later!

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

1950 Ford Convertible, 4 years ago. I've destroyed all pictures of it because it haunts me to this day. Biggest mistake of my life...damn I wanted that car,

8. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I missed out on a 69 Z28 that was at a damn tote the note car lot in about 82. For 3500 dollars.

SOld my 57 2dr HT that I had for a short time in 95

9. Jax2A

Jax2A

1961 Falcon two door. Had just over 10,000 miles on it when I got it in 84. 144 straight six, three on the tree and absolutely mint. I had the optional wire spinner hub cabs that I searched for and bought one at a time just hoping I'd eventually find the rest, man was I stoked when I found that last one and finally got to put them on the car. My dad and I fought constantly about any changes I wanted to make. He wanted me to keep it perfectly stock and I wanted to dress it up a bit, nothing radical. Just wanted to do a split manifold/dual carb thing and paint the body a dark blue with white top instead of the Ford robin egg blue color, everything else stock. We fought over it so much I sold it and bought a new Nissan pickup.

As for the girl... well I've been thinking about that a lot recently too since my wife and I are currently separated.

10. yogel

yogel

Ya had to go here ,didn`t ya!! 61 Vette back in 67 at a used car lot in jersey.I fell in love instantly.I got my uncle and his buddy (a line mechanic)to go with me to check it out,ran sweet ,looked great ,327 ,4 speed and I wanted it bad.They both gave me a thumbs down on it,said the guy wouldn`t make a good enough deal,wanted too much.1800.00.
    Thanks for the GREAT advice guys!!!

11. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

Pamela Anderson, Jessica Simpson, wait that was just a dream,never mind.

12. Slow55

Slow55

My first "hot car" 57 Nomad with 396/th400, dual purple hornies exhaust. Canary yellow with black interior Sold in 1974 for $1800. I didn't trust it to haul my stuff to school 800 miles away. oh well- Lots of good memories made in that wagon.

First wife threw all my personal items away including the pictures of that 57.
    Bitch!

13. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

When I was first getting into old cars, and I knew customs from the 50's but not much about any of the older stuff (I couldnt tell a model A from a 32 at the time, I just knew they were all cool), I came across this one old car on evilbay, typical needs everything including floors, motor, and trans, but had all the trim and hard to find bits and was really pretty decent shape. I had a truck, trailer, and the cash (it had no bids, a buy it now for $500). But I didnt have a place to keep it. So instead of finding a place for it, I decided I will get the next one that pops up, they cant all be that hard to find......

Now that I know a little bit more, I am very pissed to discover that 1937 Lincoln Zephyr 3 window coupes are a little hard to find even at 10x that cost :(

Every girl that I dated named Tina, or any variation of that name, were all ones that got away, they were all different, but they were each amazing girls, that brightened my life for the time that they were in it.

14. nail-head

nail-head

My 1967 Impala Super Sport with the original 327.

I was one trim piece from perfection when I joined the Army and sold it before I went overseas.

No women, there were some great ones, but the last one has eliminated any regrets about the previous ones.

And besides, those young psycho broads were fun to party with, but hard to live with.

15. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I only let one go so far and that was my first Hot Rod. The Hussy.

Wish I didn't have to get rid of her but I'm happy with my trade even thought I miss that car.

[​IMG]

16. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

1964 Chevelle Malibu. 283 & Powerglide. Was a stocker that was flawless. Owned it from 1974-2003 when it was stolen in Victorville California.

<!-- / message -->

17. mt94ss

mt94ss

My first car should have been a '37 Packard coupe. It was sooooo cool! Had a hood a mile long, cool drop down rear seats, and that distinctive grille! I could have had the coolest car in high school! It was 1977 and the guy wanted $500. It needed paint and it wouldn't stay running, so I had to look for another.

Then I looked into a '66 Impala convertible (a few houses down the street) for $900 but my dad said it needed too much work. Kinda sucked that he was bank rolling the deal so I had to have his approval.

I did get the '65 Riviera, and always loved that car - so I guess it all worked out.:D

18. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

As somebody once said, the car you most regret is not the one you sold, but the one you didn't buy. You'll remember and talk about that one for the rest of your life.

19. '40 Ford pickup, the one I didn't buy, the guy wanted $2000 for it and it might as well been a million. I was going to sell my '69 MGB to get it but nobody wanted to buy my car and the truck dissapeared. Still have the MGB.:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Wish I still had this one, my EX took it when she left. :rolleyes: Great car, big as a whale with plenty of trunk space for wine, women and shotguns. And other parafanilia deemed essential to the open road. ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. pdq67

pdq67

(2), not just (1), but (2) '52 Willy's Areo Eagle hardtops!

Them and my $300 '55 Chevy B/A 2-dr H/T.

Also had a '48 Dodge 5 pass 2-dr post "Coupe" that had the hy-Drive in it and the flathead 6-banger. Paid all of $80 for it and commuted back and forth from Moberly, MO to Columbia, MO back then in my College car pool fine. Early '70's here.

It's sitting just off north bound Hwy 63 in Moberly now if anybody is interested in it, Just went by it this afternoon coming back from my ol' RR Buddy's place.

Now for a girl, Sherry, the wonderful young lady that I dumped to remarry my ex- so that I could put back together our family of three little kids!

Now, it's the same old sh*t that drove us apart in the 1st place, nothing's changed except I did raise my three kids proper and our Baby Girl has presented us with the most wonderful two G-B Girls like 20 months apart! They are like 5.5 and a a schosh under 4 or so, I'd have to run the months to be sure!

The pair is what Papa live's for!!

pdq67

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My car is my '35 Ford 5 window coupe that i bought with my paper route money in 1977. The older guys in the neighborhood gave me and helped install a 265 chev, '39 trans, hydraulic brakes, and wire it. I actually have the distinction of being able to say I drove my car to grade school once! (grade school was k-8 here forever) Growing up where I did, it was still plenty rural in the late seventies, so it worked out well to throw the front plate from my mom's El Camino on the back... The girl... How about a 4'11" Hawaiian born Chinese girl that was curvy in all the right places, and crazy in every other?! Classically trained in hula too!! Or the skinny red head that was just plain crazy!? Or the beautiful quiet gal from Chicago that was born in Tokyo and had a face (and shape) like an angel?! Or the Apache Indian girl from here that was so devastatingly pretty I happily let her make life a living hell for many years! Wait, we were talking about cars here, right?!

23. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

`64 Plymouth factory built A/FX car.. Altered wheelbase,`glass nose,doors,decklid, bumpers,plastic windows..minus engine/trans.......$600...Didn`t have the cash in 1978......CRAP

24. carlboyd

carlboyd
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My first post.

Had a 54 Mercury Sun Valley, I paid ten dollars for (no engine or transmission) also a 1967 s-code mustang GTA. There have been many others. i wish I had them all back.

25. big bad john

big bad john

mY 55 CHEVY.......A BANKER TOOK HER AWAY:mad:

26. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

Seems to me if the Banker took it back...it was never yours to begin with...just saying:rolleyes: