Register now to get rid of these ads!

Juki Sewing Machine Manual?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodknocker, Jun 17, 2010.

1. rodknocker

rodknocker

I just picked up a Juki LU-55 industrial sewing machine today,as I want to learn how to do interior work,and was wondering if anyone could tell me where I might be able to find an owners/operator manual for it.It was a CL score,also does anyone have any experiance with these machines with pros and cons.Thanks

2. Squablow

Squablow

There is actually a website called Sewingmanuals.com They have downloads there you can buy cheap. If you google Juki sewing machine manual you'll find a bunch of places that have it.

The Juki industrial machines are supposed to be top notch. I don't know what an LU-55 is but as long as it's an industrial one and not one meant for home use it's probably a real good score.

3. killbilly

killbilly

Thats a good website,I recently bought 2 commercial machines,a juki and a singer both with tables,foot pedals ,bobbin/thread spools you can downlaod manuals for just about anything....for about 25 bucks

4. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

don't know about were to find a manual but here's a link for training on how to use an industrial sewing machine. they have a one day workshop
    coming up.

good luck

[email protected]

5. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

They are supposed to be very similar to a LU-563, which I have used, and which I consider the best damn upholstery machine ever made. (you Pfaff guys and keep your machines, thank you very much)

Thats a good find, good luck to you.
    Abandon all hope ye who upholster for a living.

6. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

7. Pfaff machines require more mechanical skill because when they crash timing them is best left to the pro's. most 30 year old Pfaff machines in working order are worth more than they sold for.

8. 4-pot

4-pot

The LU-55 is the same as the 563 except it dosn't have the large bobbin or reverse. I have one of each plus a 111w155 singer. They are all great machines. The JUKI is a knock off of the Singer machines a lot of the singer parts fit the juki.

9. KrisKustomPaint

KrisKustomPaint

I wasn't saying Pfaff's aren't good machines but like you said they suck to time. Juki's are pretty straigt forward timing procedure, that pretty much anyone can learn to do in an hour. I don't want to have to wait a day or two for a guy to come out and re time my machine.