Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. erlomd

erlomd

yes it does...the truck never came with a grill and we thought it would look more interesting with a 32 grille since the 34 grill gets played out sometimes.
    not that I have anything against the 34 grill....its beautiful but my bud wanted to be different...lol

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  2. Better than a tractor grille.....:rolleyes:

3. More pics please.

4. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

My ol pal Binder's '58 IH stopped by Idaho's finest returning home from Palouse, WA to Montana

Attached Files:

5. Red Ram Hemi

Red Ram Hemi
    from Shack

This is a sweet lookin truck a 53?

Red Ram

6. 10secondA

10secondA

wow i would have never looked at the IH and thought that could be cool but that is a badass truck

7. The Tackman

The Tackman

Do you have any pictures of the interior? I love the Binder and hope mine ends up half that nice.

8. Mullins

Mullins

My 59 Chevy Apache Cooters Garage running 500caddy. & my 41 Willys steel daily driven 283 4spd. Fun trucks to go run to Home Depot in. LOL

Attached Files:

9. TMoney

TMoney

Wow! Nothing "looks great" about that thing at all. Am I missing something here? Am I the only person who thinks this thing is disgusting?

/edit: I just realized you weren't being serious. I DO remember that thread. Haha

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

I would guess so. That thing is wicked cool IMHO!

11. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

I agree, definitely a wild ride.

12. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Those are great trucks, I like them both. :D

13. TMoney

TMoney

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said such harsh words. Someone really loves this thing and to each his own I guess. I guess I just don't get it. When will there be no more rat rods?

DEAR GOD...WHEEEEENNNNN?

14. 1955 - assuming it's running the right hood & grill.

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

That ain't a "rat rod". No way, no how. Imagine if someone made the same comment about your truck before it was painted.
    A rat rod is a rusty piece of shit that may or may not be safe to drive on the road. If you look at the pics and level of craftsmanship here you might "get it".

16. 10secondA

10secondA

i agree that is definetley not a rat rod, my question is when are people going to stop calling everything a rat rod just cause they dont like it

17. Dude, I'm with you on the rat rod thing.....but I wouldn't call it that. However, this "style" of truck has been so over done that I don't even look at them any more. Most of them have have some made up logo painted on the door.......seen it all a zillion times. Yawn.....I do like the engine tho.....

18. erlomd

erlomd

rat rod?
    them there is harsh words....these are just mock up pics, theres no barb wire or chicken fences used here...you might not like it but trust me it aint no rat rod...every piece on that truck has been....well, whatever...i guess later photos of a more completed truck is on the way in the near future....maybe you might then understand that it is no rat rod., by the way, im curious to know what your definition of a rat rod is? cause we might be on different levels....btw...you do know its not done yet right?

19. TMoney

TMoney

That style is completely influenced by the rat rod era. The whole bobber truck thing is totally rat rod. If you think it's anything different, I am sorry but you are mistaken. It's completely untraditional and so unproportionate. Looks like something out of a bad cartoon.

20. TMoney

TMoney

I guess it's a taste thing. That truck is completely untasteful. I don't care how "incredibly crafted" it is. It doesn't look good. Maybe a better phrase would be "post rat rod" or something.

P.s. I never said it was the paint, or lack of, that made it look like a rat rod. It's the style of the overall build.

21. retiredfireguy

retiredfireguy

That Willys pickup looks like an old gasser. I love it!

22. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hot rodding is all about creativity and ingenuity. Who are you to judge what is "acceptable" or "right" and what is not? So you don't like it, fine, but to trivialize another man's hard work is cheap and demeaning.
    Put the shoe on the other foot. How would you feel if someone criticized your choice of color or the whitewalls on your truck? I'm willing to bet it would piss you off.

23. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nope... I'm there as well.

yep.

Whatever it is it doesn't belong here that's for sure... It is NOT a traditional Hot Rod or Custom.

24. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

I'll bet the ride to Home Depot is FAST! Great trucks and the Henry J :cool:

25. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I think we are going to have to see alot more pictures of that '59.

- Joe

26. Actually the whole style was most likely inspired by Ed Roth cartoons. Now if was a disproportionate A with the shifter sticking up out of the roof everyone would be all over how trad it is.

More often than not its all a matter of likes and dislikes when one makes the leap to trad or not trad I'm afraid.

Z is probably right in a sense that it probably isn't HAMB fodder but he's been around longer than I and has seen his share of way out wacky stuff that has been embraced on the HAMB. Just depends on how everyone is feeling on what specific day I guess.

More old trucks please. This post and the interior post have been my favorites here lately. Love eye candy.

27. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

Now I'm real young, and pretty much don't know sh*t from shinola when it comes to these things, but it seems strange that in a world of plastic pieces of crap on four wheels you all would criticize eachother for building something "different". Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, and I have learned that everyone here has many, but don't forget that when you compare yourselves to those who drive the fiberglass cookie cutters, you really are into the basic same idea.

I'm pretty sure when hot rodding first came into fruition, there were many people saying the same things that are being said here about "rat rods". Change is a good thing, aren't you excited to see what comes next?

28. flyingbohemian

flyingbohemian

On the other hand, I gotta say, asidrownyou, badass truck! love it!

29. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

This place isn't really about being "different" or "what comes next", it's really about what came in the past, what happened back in the day. I'm not sure about all these people that scream about being different, we're here for Traditional Hot Rods and Customs. Yes sometimes we bend the definition a little, we let some stuff pass. But there is a too far.

Though I have to say that thing took the heat off of some of the others with questionable wheel and tire choices.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010