Register now to get rid of these ads!

henry J gasser project racecar

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragrcr50, Feb 14, 2010.

1. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

alright gettin the front end set up on it, fenders are on in back will build frt attachments tomorrow and mt hood with pins. here is the way it looks , i like it........:cool:

Attached Files:

2. Glen

Glen

awesome....i dont think people realize how much goes into building a car like this.

3. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

hours-n-hours-n-hours....GOOD JOB!

4. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

DRAG RACER...brother bear surely you didn't say 1/8 mile. man with a 4.11 gear that mill won't even wake up. YEA 4.11- 1/4 mile 4.88-1/8 mile. do you feel me? now before you write me off as some old coot. SHIT! i'am 68 yrs. old and 1/2 senile. NEVER MIND! HA HA...POP.

5. Brahm

Brahm

A+ Man! This is why I keep clicking on Gasser threads! Wish more guys would build cars like you!

6. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

but i gots big inches pops , dont need big rpm , look for 7000 in the 1/8th as it is

7. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

O.K. BIG BOY...I can dig it...POP.

8. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

thanks glen, I know you you understand what is involved, this i hope is my lasst race car for me personally. it is the first car i ever owned so it has a place in my heart. cant wait to start rac in it. :cool:

9. LDGn63

LDGn63

man, you just make me sick! ...and i'm loving every minute of it!
    AWESOME work, AWESOME car!
    Thanks for posting all you have done!

10. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Looks real good Sam, I'm still at least another Month out before I build mine. I did acquire a real nice Jig Table, and I hope you don't mind me cluttering up your thread with it.

[​IMG]

Gotta get this 4x4 stuff done so i can get it in my Shop and set up! Its 1" steel top all blanchard ground and zinc coated. That rust stuff will buff off. Hopefully the zinc will not kill me! :eek:

There are 2 sheets of the 1" sitting there.

11. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

nice table we made mine , works well for us, put a gto on it today for a gasser deal...

12. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

today we got the front end mounting done out front , attaching the fenders to the frame with two bolts , 3 dzus fastners at the back of the fenders. also im using 6 pins on the hood got them made today , now i will have to build mtg points for them off of the front down bars. and it will all be mounted. i plan on a lift off hood for easy refill of the moon tank with alky after each run , fenders only if I need to work on the mill for some reason or servicing...Im pretty happy with the way it is coming out. a little body work and paint and then assembly, well not that easy but i am getting much closer. thanks for the good comments, keeps this old guy working... sam

Attached Files:

13. jlj9149

jlj9149
    from texas

hey sam this is jamie johnson, you put a straight axle under my 55 chevy. any may i posted current pics of it on my profile if you wanna check it out

14. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

woa, kool Jamie,,,, lookin good.................... need to come across the line to the reunion race at ardmore for the texas vs okla gasser wars... labor day thanks for the heads up , I like

15. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

got the hood cut out for the enderle injector hat and all the pins on the car for the hood, got the rockers trimmed and ready to go in under the doors. and the master cyl ,pedal assembly ready to fill in the hole in the firewall ..

Attached Files:

16. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

hot in the garage tonight its 10pm and still 87 in shop and waay humid. but I got the door and fender started sanding tonight on the new glass. gonna sand it all seal it and spray a base AU kandy gold on it and no clear and put the thing together to try to run it in 6 weeks. ill address the rest of the body work next yr and paint it right then. lots of post to come , stay tuned to project J,,,,,thanks sam

Attached Files:

17. dragnews

dragnews

Them boys from Oklahoma looking pretty serious about this Texas Vs Oklahoma
    Gasser Shoot - out down at the Ardmore Dragway!

Looks good Sam!

18. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

look for this thing at ardmore my man, sep 3d for match racing you texans on fri night before the reunion race saturday... all sanded in 150. im ready to prime, 320 , seal and paint this weekend. again base clear kandy gold no clear and put it together, ill address the paint again next yr. im ready to race........

Attached Files:

19. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Looks like interior sheetmetal is finding its way inside! :cool:

20. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well i now have a new post on the j, paint to finish with pics of it in its new paint job kandy gold...check it out henry j paint to finish i think is the title

21. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Coming along great...Just love it.....amazing work..!