Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see your Kick Ass Interior that is period correct to your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Jun 8, 2010.

1. KFC

KFC
    from UK

It embossed cow hide a little more expensive than normal hide but not massively , the owner wanted something bling incase he took the car to pebble beach , it was bitch to mirror image all those spines though

2. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nope, just me, actually the colors and layout are very close to the factory ones but done in Zodiac vinyl, the door panels originally had that Mylar type chrome trim but it was all gone as it usually is.

3. I was shooting for a late 60's street machine/shaker look with my 55. Yeah, I know about the speakers, but I gotta have my tunes. I think I'll redo the package shelf and hide them underneath. Whaddaya think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

not original but, I tried to make it look like I thought somebody might have had it back in the day. I bought a cheap sewing machine and taught myself to sew and went for it. Not perfect but, I can say I did it all myself.

5. I think they would make a good read, but you might decide that Z and I don't like each other. I haven't always been very diplomatic. That was way before the kinder gentler HAMB.

Actually according to a very old photog for the old Peterson Publications who claims to be the one to have coined the phrase it means, "Kansas Example of Metal Punishment"

6. Thanks!

This is turning into a great thread. Good job everyone!

7. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

I appreciate that's where it derives from,which is why I posted the link to the thread you mentioned it on first time,I just gave my opinion on what it came to mean in general usage,in my understanding.No offence intended.
    Paul

8. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

9. Sumtingwong

Sumtingwong
    from Enola, Pa

Didn't mean to start a new controversy.. I like this place, and spend an inordinate amount of time lurking here..

I like the look of drum brakes, but having never driven a car with that setup up front, I can't speak to the safety issues. I've seen Jimmy Shine tuck disks and calipers inside a big drum, and if I could swing it, that's what I'll try for in my next project. I'll probably mix and match what I like and drop that which just doesn't move me, but most of it will be reasonably true to the era.

I've seen some pretty incredible interiors on this thread alone- Period correct or not.

10. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Here's some of my '57 150: Fenton 500, Sun Tach, and styling by Chevrolet. ;)

Attached Files:

11. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

[​IMG]
    Or use these

<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="middle">
    </td></tr> <tr><td colspan="2" align="left" valign="middle">[​IMG]</td></tr> <tr> <td rowspan="6" align="center" valign="top"> [​IMG] </td> <td align="left" valign="top"> [FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Chrome Musical Note Speaker Cover

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]

Stamped Metal

Each
    [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE][/FONT] </td></tr> <form method="post" action="http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?"></form> <input name="Action" value="ADPR" type="hidden"> <input name="Screen" value="BASK" type="hidden"> <input name="Store_Code" value="WCA" type="hidden"> <input name="Product_Code" value="921000" type="hidden"> <input name="Category_Code" value="" type="hidden"> <tr><td>
    </td></tr> <tr><td align="left" valign="top"> <table border="0"> <input name="Product_Attribute_Count" value="" type="hidden"> </table> </td></tr> <tr><td><table width="300" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr bgcolor="#cccccc"> <td width="50">Item # </td> <td align="left">Product</td> <td width="50" align="center">Qty</td> <td width="50" align="center">Price</td> </tr> <tr> <td width="50">921000</td> <td align="left">[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] Chrome Musical Note Speaker Cover [/FONT]</td> <td width="50" align="center"><input name="Quantity" value="1" size="2" type="text"></td> <td width="50" align="right">$15.00
    </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td></tr> <tr><td align="left" valign="middle">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.wirthscustomauto.com/Mer...creen=PROD&Store_Code=WCA&Product_Code=921000

12. Is that one of the new Sun tachs? If yes, how does it perform?

13. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

My finished 50 Fleetline interior, period correct??? Haven\t thought about it, it was the way I wanted it![​IMG]

14. Odenzon

Odenzon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is our A-V8 Roadster. The interior is done by Lasse Vänttinen from
    Verhoomo Prima. He's a very famous upholstery desingner in Finland.

15. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

Nice Job!

16. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

17. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

18. I picked up a 32 roadster a few years ago (thread is here), I haven't had a chance to get anything done to it yet, still collecting parts.

The interior that I got with the car was done in 1947 right before the guy was going to college. He had recently decided to redo the interior (2006) and took the original out. I have all of it, the seat, all panels, carpet and under carpet pad. I love it and hope to build the car around it!

[​IMG]

19. Outlaw Bender

Outlaw Bender

Damn!! That Phone is worth a small fortune cause of the colour.
    My parents had a red one in the seventies.

20. Clark

Clark

Anybody know of a website with samples of vintage fabrics. Looking for a black with a cool pattern in it.
    Clark

21. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Yes; just fine, very smooth needle.

22. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Wow... Amazing work, do you do it independently or with a garage? And again, just wow...:eek:

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sms out of Portland OR. They have a cool selection of NOS stuff, and lots of good pictures on their web sight.

24. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

Thank you. I just do it in my spare time as a hobby out of the house.

25. Paul non taken.
    Your good folks friend.

There has always been a competition as to who are the real builders. If Peterson had been based in Witchita and the car had been from the "Valley" then I'm absolutely sure that the term would be "CEMP" today.

You didn't start a controversy at all. We actually liked argueing. Kept us sharp.

They stop fine with drums but its all a matter of personal preference. As for period correctness then you get into a whole different arguement. There was common and uncommon things done to cars back in the day. I have seen pics of cars and cars themselves at shows in the '60s that had disc brakes. Jags had discs as far back as the '50s that I know of and I know for a fact that at least a couple of the high rollers in the San Francisco bay area had them.

Never the less this is an interior post and an excellent one at that. So rather than open a new can of beans we'll just leave the discussion where it is.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  26. cornbinder52

cornbinder52
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are some great interiors here fellas. Nice work all the way around. My current ride, although a bit newer than you all prefer, is a 67 caddy. It is what was here, and what I could afford, so it is what I will work with for a while. I love the input from the 'old timers' that lurk on here. There are very few old hot rod guys around here, mostly streetrod guys and rats. I have driven a rat, but I want a custom:)!

27. Mullins

Mullins

Simple, Rough, but works. 67 original white deluxe seats with original black inlay, and rattle can black painted dash.

Attached Files:

28. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Sweet !!!

29. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

How is this for period correct. 50 years of mice poop, and using it for bedding.

Attached Files:

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

I LOVE the material in your car, soo much in fact I was hoping to see it again in salina this year so I can steal the seats!!!!