Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects What I have been working on.... or why I didnt go to Ink &Iron w/ pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by red baron, Jun 14, 2010.

1. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

I thought that I would share what I have been working on. Please excuse the bad camera phone pics!

The last few weeks I discovered a water leak stemming from some stripped bolts in the water pump that were not allowing it to seal properly, and I wanted to do some repairs to the firewall (there was a lot of holes [37] drilled into the firewall for some reason, and I wanted to repair them at the same time.

So it came apart to access everything....

[​IMG]

Then i figured I would take everything out of the way to make it easier, got the holes mostly welded and finished here, and the frame ground down.....

[​IMG]

Found the previous owners idea of a motor mount plate to adapt the 302 in. It was a trapeziod in shape with no straight lines

[​IMG]

So I straightened them out and made them a little bit more aesthetically pleasing..... at least I think so!

[​IMG]

with the the mount saddle....

[​IMG]

Then I cleaned up some parts....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is where I find out that due to a change in landlords, I have till the 20th to vacate the garage that I am in, so it was a mad thrash to get everything cleaned up and put back in. I would have liked to have spent more time on the firewall, but I was under the gun to have it out of there.

Saturday I cleaned up and painted the frame, installed the steering, brakes, and the air suspension....

[​IMG]

and Sunday installed the motor and wired it all up. Was going to test run it but found out I had the wrong thermostat gasket, and I did not want to silicone it on there....

[​IMG]

Close up of the new mount brackets installed and painted....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So tonight after I get the correct thermostat gasket, I plan on installing the front sheet metal, and get it running!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

your links don't work

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Your Linky is Stinky........?

4. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

hmmm lemme try to fix....

5. 10secondA

10secondA

6. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Yeah, I tried all of the links and none of them work. Sorry.

7. twolane

twolane

pics working now! Looks good- sorry to hear you're under the gun to get it done. Nothing is worse than wanting to take your time and do it right, and having to rush through the job due to time constraints. Good luck getting it done!

8. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

yea the new land lord wants to charge me a daily fee for every day past the 20th that its there, so I definitely need it outta there!!

On a side note will be looking for a new space too!

9. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Nice work, sucks that you have to pay. I hate it when land lords or who ever do things like this.

10. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

looking good hope you get her all done before you get the boot, motor mounts look good

11. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Thank you! I wasn't too sure about them until they were actually one the car, they blend in so that you don't really notice them, which is what I wanted.

I ended up taking tonight off, but will be out there early in the morning and after work the rest of the week till its done.

12. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Got it all together, new thermostat gasket and everything, sprayed in some starting fluid till the fuel pump could fill the float bowl, and she fired up first try! I love when that happens! Although I dont think the neighbors liked when I was rapping the throttle at Midnight last night haha! Post up pics later tonight, forgot to take them last night.

13. Wow, looks a lot better!

14. Nice work!

I wish you luck on finding another garage.

15. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

nice job. Keeps getting cleaner!