Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest how many iowa hambers on here ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jan 31, 2009.

1. logride

logride
    from CB IA

I'm planning on going to the torque fest in my 63 Galaxie from mills county.

2. Hal_396

Hal_396

Sorry to report I will be in welding school SAT. 8-1.......

3. logride

logride
    from CB IA

Is anybody leaving for the torque fest from the omaha area on friday the 30th planning on taking I-80 towards des moines?

4. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Very good older friend of mine-WAY big gear head-runs nothing but ford flatties-stopped by the man cave late Friday night and is excited and asks if I've heard of this show called Torque Fest! I said you're kidding right? He says huh? Dude aren't you on the hamb?? What's the hamb? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!
    I told him it's been the buzz for months-4 of us are driving over from Waterloo and you better bet you can bolt with us!
    He says cool-I'm in!!!!!!!
    We are SO there!!!!!

5. Well head on over after class, we will still be going hard in the afternoon!

Brad

6. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Wish my rod would be done in time-but I'll go and not have to worry about it breaking down 'cause I rushed through the build!

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

not sure if I pissed off Popo or what......who knows - I sent a PM. But everyone else that shows up will be guaranteed a good time. Ya just gotta bring that positive attitude and realize that we are all in this together. If we want to have a long lasting event that can eventually become something that will matter nationally - we have to support this thing. I have tried my best to get cars from all over the country - and we have people from TX, Detroit, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Indy, St Louis, Chicago etc heading to the speedway.......
    but ultimately if the Iowa people dont support the show - then the show will fail.
    And that would be a bummer.
    So I hope to see everyone either Friday the 30th or May 1.
    Remember even if you dont being your hot rod or killer kustom - just hop in the daily driver and come up - it's only $5 to get in.
    Ya cant even park at the World of Wheels for $5! (It was $6)

And I have actually had people ask how much it is to park at the show.........
    it's free......

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

come on guys ! all the responses on here from people right here in iowa , no reason not to come out and take part in this ! lets all make this a great event right from the go !

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

OK - so due to the car count we are gonna be able to TURN THE LIGHTS ON AT THE SPEEDWAY!!!

Looks this is gonna be a FULL day and night on Saturday!

I wanna thank everyone in advance for all the good word of mouth and helping tell your friends and neighbors.

I know that with good cooperation with the hot rod community we will make this an annual event that will be a destination point for hot rodders all over the country.

So I hope you all will do your best to help out the show - the best thing you can do is spread some good words after the show. If there are things that go wrong - dont focus on the kinks that may come up - instead focus on the good times that you had at the show.

If you dont have a good time - email me privately and tell me what was up.

I would much rather have people tell me what they did not like so it can be corrected in the future.

10. Hal_396

Hal_396

My wife and I will be there SAT afternoon around 2:30 - 3:00. I'll bring the chopped 55. If you still require assistence I will be glad to help out.

11. Primed 39

Primed 39

Just a quick shout out from Des Moines's deep dirty SOUTH SIDE. Also looking forward to Torque Fest.

12. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Paid for my campsite today-White Trash C.C. will be in the house straight out of Waterloo-Righteous!!!!!!!!

13. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I'll be there with wfritchen! Hopefully with my new (well, new to me!) 37 Nash... :cool:

Ice

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

bump for torque fest ! lets all get together and make it a good show

15. Master of None

Master of None

See you there! leaving Friday at noon, hopefully were not going to drive right in to the rain the whole way.

16. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i hope so to , but am gonna get a rain suit today just in case

17. Hal_396

Hal_396

They are calling for 30 percent chance of rain Sat night. Can't go by that seeing today is Thurs. Won't know for sure until you wake up Sat. morning.

18. logride

logride
    from CB IA

sorry i couldn't meet up with ya dirtbag13, i got home later friday morning than expected. what a great show!

19. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Greatings from Southwest Iowa, parts came in at noon Friday-worked on the car till 3:30 and left For Farley. (300+ miles one way) Had A great time.I took my Black 69 Chevy Caprice. Planning on going to Newton to see the power tour off(realatives live there) And of Coarse can`t miss Goodguys, A family tradition since the 2nd annual. Skip the K. C. show at the race track and go to Greasearama. Same weekend. + a bunch of others, both near and far.

20. Greg'Hel

Greg'Hel
    from Iowa

21. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

no it heer's

22. DeluxeGal

DeluxeGal
    from Vagabond

Shut up. :)

23. mecham70