Register now to get rid of these ads!

golf cart at bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by todd1955, Jun 14, 2010.

1. todd1955

todd1955
    from sweet home

i can't find anywhere that says yea or nay about taking a golf cart out on the salt, planning on bring one this year to ride around and such, does anyone know for sure if it is cool or not?

2. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

We have used one in the past with no problems. It is even painted to match the race car.

John

3. Yea, it is cool , was last year,,,,

4. todd1955

todd1955
    from sweet home

thanks just didn't want to drag it from alabama and them tell me to get lost.

5. Club Car has aluminum frame. Better in salt.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I found out just about anything is allowed in the pits except a go-cart.:(

7. silent rick

silent rick

you plan to unload it and load it up each night or leave it on the salt for the duration of your stay?
    from the end of the road to the action is several miles of 55 mph speed limit. i wouldn't suggest driving it from the bend in the road each day.

8. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I was hoping this was going to be a golf cart land speed question.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gzDA-8DbWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7gzDA-8DbWg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

9. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Not for spectators. Must have a racecar (and therefore a pit pass) to bring in motorized vehicles as I understand. Check w/ the SCTA to be sure.

If they allow it, be sure to prep it for being on the salt. Bonneville Loctite doesn't like electrical systems with exposed parts, and make sure all moving parts are well protected with grease, etc.

Check the landracing.com forum for info and tips.