Register now to get rid of these ads!

What'd you get done this weekend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950ChevySuburban, Jun 13, 2010.

1. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I've been slowly putting the 56 back together hopefully for the last time. The clutch linkage is hooked up but I ran into a snag with the column shift rods. The stock 1-R rod connector hits the head. It's only in reverse so I thought about just running without reverse.:rolleyes::D So now I have to engineer a rod connector that misses the head. I got frustrated so I bead blasted a panel and hit it with some Krylon to make me feel better. Another part ready to install when I get to that point. Not a lot but slow steady progress.

2. Removed the rear springs on the Sport Fury because they wouldn't allow the ride height needed for my tires. Road trip to Mancini Racing for some B-body S/S spring hangers. Installed the S/S springs,hangers and then mounted the wheels/tires. Voila! We may have just enough clearance,Clarence. Then,started the replacement of all the front steering and suspension components-damn torsion bars!-because I would eventually;figured I might as well do it now. Shooting to be driving-as opposed to looking at-the car before Back To The Bricks. We hope. There's always Frankenmuth...

Attached Files:

3. 88 gtu

88 gtu

I went to bikeweek in Laconia, walked around and saw some cool shit but it just isn't what it used to be.My girl and i had a fun time though.Then i came home and ate a shitload of food,drank some beer, and passed out!

4. abone1930

abone1930

Pulled my sons shoebox out, had to put some primer(eastwoods rust encapulator) on it to keep it from rusting anymore untill I am ready to work on it. Just scuffed it and primed. Did some tradeing for it awhile back, its real hacked up, but fixable.Hell the rearend is even out of center, but my 10 yr old was all smiles while we were messing with it. :D

Attached Files:

• 067.jpg
      067.jpg
      File size:
      179.2 KB
      Views:
    • 071.jpg
      071.jpg
      File size:
      191.5 KB
      Views:
  5. Mowed grass, weeded, trimmed dead limbs, planted tomatoes, washed the wifey's daily driver, handled a sick rugrat.... and FINALLY (about 4pm Sunday) managed to get a few hours of uninterrupted time in the garage. I got the water pump back together. No big shakes, but damn, at least it was SOMETHING!

6. After weeks of home improvements and building a room for my daughter, it was nice to actually get to work on the car. I got the front suspension of my '54 welded up so I'm ready for bags now, and Mark from the club roughed in the hardtop decklid.

Attached Files:

7. Paul

Paul
    Editor

got the 371 Olds blower motor's rotating parts back from the ballancer
    and assembled the bottom end

found an old Radke of Portland Or. speed parts catalog at an antique store

8. atch

atch

mudded and sanded sheetrock; installed an alternator in the OT 92 chevy pu. meant to mow but there just wasn't any time left.

wish i could get the remodel done so i can work on the hot rods again...

9. atch

atch

one of the favorite cars i ever owned was a 64 sport fury with the 440 & 4sp from a 68 gtx; black over black w/ black interior. originally a 383 4sp car with buckets & console. sure would like to have it back. but that was 40 years ago and it's probably been crushed and made into toyotas several times since then.

10. micahmelanson

micahmelanson
    from Vinton, LA

I got all the door jambs primered and finished painting the floors. Finally got a little motivation to get a move on it. Going to primer the doors this week.

11. I would have been better off sitting in a corner bar getting drunk. screwed up everything I touched. but I now know all the differences between big and small bearing nine inch drum brakes.
    finally did get one last problem tube done on my 331 cad headers. 5 out of 6 tubes done and the last one has no clearence problems.
    mowed a couple acres of my front yard and trimed trees along one of my drive ways that have been on my "honey do" list for sometime.
    going to work On my project for a couple hours this morning before starting my work week.

12. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Same here 11 acres worth.:rolleyes:

13. I was productive as hell. I went to the junk yard, boned out all of my motor accessories I needed for my 29 RPU's 302 from a donor truck. Degreased and painted all that shit. Disassembled, cleaned and repainted my rear spring pack, made it out to the Long Beach auto swap yesterday. Found a smoking deal on a new mini starter, new Weiand intake, used Holly 4 barrel, a cool WWII oxgyen tank, and few other small bits and pieces for the 63.

Attached Files:

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Had both kids and most of the grandkids over for the weekend. Gave a boat project that i'm never going to get to to my grandson and got credit for a birhtday gift in the process. Took a NASCAR induced nap (they should package those races and sell them as sleep aids) and pulled some more parts out for the hydraulic brake swap on the '38 coupe.

Frank

15. socal80

socal80

got the bed done in the 40 and the keg all ready to be mounted even slapped some OD green on her.. took the girl around the block so she can see what i spend all my time on.....

16. Real NICE!

17. WrenchKitten

WrenchKitten

Finally got some color painted on my dash and my brother, trying to be Mr Perfect couldn't leave well enough alone and made a bad spot look worse. I'm leaving next Wednesday, the 23rd, for a show. And I've got to re-wire and put all the switches back in my dash, plus detail the truck since it's been sitting uncovered in the garage since March. I've got alot to do and not alot of time to do it.

18. lukescoupe

lukescoupe
    from oklahoma

paint finally

Attached Files:

19. blown348

blown348
    from Finland

my car club had our annual drag race at local airstrip, worked there and tested my fleetline at the strip. broke my rearend second time this year, no more cheater slicks until i get better rearend for my fleetline.
    at evening got drunk so at sunday didn´t do anything.

kaitsu

20. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Am on the "Sunday" of my weekend, bout to head to my Arcata shop. Here at the home driveway yesterday, wrestled with my wife's Chrysler, found the starter ka-put (after having fixed the ignition switch, replaced the rotting harness plug with a terminal board). Replaced the rotting starter & relay cables, made new harness, picked up new starter on the way to friend's garage. The core of our ol' gang cranked up the Horton Heat, gutted out the interior of the '48 Ford, gettin ready to de-frame it.
    It's on a very badly Z'ed & narrowed Cuda frame, of all things. Gonna switch to a different frame, but found out prev. owner/builders welded the front corners and portion of body to frame. Get ready to just pull the powertrain out for room, find the steering arms going in between header pipes. Never ends sometimes.
    Gonna get Racquel spun back to life n on the road today, get a clubmate's project towed from my driveway to my garage, get more work done on my '57 Effie. Got Twin battery boxes to finish for them. Gettin an early start on my Sunday...

Attached Files:

21. Absolutely nothing...did a lot of thinking and came up with a new set of plans...sometimes that's better than a day of work.

22. Scotty500

Scotty500
    from MPLS

Changed the trans fluid and put new seats and door panels in my 53 Pontiac. Then took it out to open it up at highway speed and soon ran out of gas. I trusted the fuel gauge, which I know I shouldn't do. I hope it's ready for Back to the 50's this week.

23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I got my firewall on my '35 Coupe a bit straighter by some hammer/dolly work, filler and a shit load of sanding. I have a few more day left in it before I can lay the primer and paint. I also made a tool to sand the valleys of my valve covers a little easier. That's going to take a good bit of time but I can't wait to see the finished outcome.

Looking to paint the firewall by next weekend as well as assemble the front and rear suspension.

24. MotoMinx

MotoMinx

I installed the new leaf spring/shock mount plates on my '40. I had new ones made that are twice as thick as the old ones that kept breaking. After installing them, we took measurements for the shocks and discovered the old shocks were waaaay too short, and that's why the mounting plates were breaking. Just ordered a couple of new ones, so they'll be here next week. Can't wait to see how the car rides after they're installed.

Is it safe to drive the car with just the leaf springs and no shocks? I'm not in a hurry to take the car anywhere, just curious.

25. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Did an early fathers day with my dad. Went to the AZ SoCal speed shop parts swap. Took my dad with me. He got some ideas and a bench seat for the 54 f100. Made up some indian fry bread and then watched A-team. All in all a great Sat.
    Had to work my 2nd job on Sunday.

26. atch

atch

not totally unsafe, but i wouldn't go very fast. the car will bounce down the road pretty badly on hilly or bumpy roads.

27. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Only worked on the 55 about 15 minutes but got my headlights and tail lights not working mystery figured out, a few minutes here and a few minutes there;)

28. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Installed a rebuilt holley 94 I got from Doug at Joe Smith Early Ford. Also paid for some labor to give me a hand with it.

btw awesome guy and he really goes all out on his rebuilds. He was cleaning up screw heads with a file and sandpaper to make them look better.

29. fanspete

fanspete

Picked this up! Looks like the Henry J is getting Hemi power now. May be selling the 303 to help fund it!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Got my bed all put together and installed. Whew! There's a lot bolts in these beds! Also got the 283 fired up in the '33 to verify it runs. It was a great weekend, fo sure!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]