Register now to get rid of these ads!

quickchange how much would you pay ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BCCHOPIT, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

My Buddy has this siting around and needs cash. I dont know if ford bells will fit yet but if they would it would look better. I wont to give him a fair price but I dont wont to pay to much. It has Buick brakes
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    thanks for any input
    Bill

2. hotrodtom

hotrodtom

Aw, Chopit, you don't want that, it's all rusty and tarnished. Tell him to box it up and sent it to me in South Texas!
    Fearless

3. dont do it, it leaks oil .

4. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Looks like a Winters or Frankland. Both have interchangeable parts. I sold a complete unit similiar to yours for $1800.00. Of course price depends on overall condition including crack repairs and spool or posi option. Parts are plentiful for these. I'd hang onto it for a future project. I sold mine wishing I had it back.

5. GaDOC

GaDOC
    from Harlem Ga

A buddy of mine bought a winters qc for 300.

It it was used on a wide body dirt track car it would have to be narrowed depending on what you are going to use it on. Make sure you get it for a good price if its just going to sit around the shop.

6. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wide five hubs 400-500 tops but thats me.

7. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

That is some sweet utube clips you have...:D

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd ask Dick Spadaro for advice and a price/value.

9. Gonna' need adapter plates to run Ford bells. Have to see the insides to figure what it's worth.

10. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It was his good spare for his race car. One of the bells has been welded.Do the adapter look big and goofy?

11. Hmmm, how good of a budy is he? Some "buddies" who need money and sell you their stuff can turn into whiney little bitches who don't understand why you won't sell them back the stuff, which is now your stuff, for $10 a month for the rest of your life.

12. 97

It's way to big and ugly for your banger Bill!! even with adapters( ugly ones) it isn't any good for your Model A rear end!! :D:D

13. it is the heavy 3/4 ton based unit
    if you want ford housings you need the lighter V8 unit which will not handle much horsepower
    the unit pictured quite likely weighs a ton unless magnesium, and has frankland brakes based on buick parts you should be able to get disc brakes on a unit like that..
    that brake set up is about 30 years old and usually the anchor pins bend over with severe abuse

14. Zoo York

Zoo York
    from Zoo York

Here is a old frankland I just bought for 1,200. I been looking for a while to find one without disk brakes and I didnt want to try and locate parts to make it work. The rear came complete.I just have to sandblast and cut the shock mounts off and weld in my 4-link brackets."I will not be using the wheels"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

If you need parts give Jamie a call over at Frankland welding nice guy and has vintage parts for franklands. 1-813-634-9556

16. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

My buddy got back to me today and he wont's 175 buck for the rear. I told him that is to cheap 300 sound better. When I pick it up I dont know if he will take the 300 but I can try. He cant use it I can and he said that make him happy.

17. Labold

Labold

Cool. You can't go wrong with it for $300.

18. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thats a great price I would buy it for sure.

19. yeah, that's a super fair price. I drove about 500 miles to buy mine for $450. I then had to buy disc brake hubs and a posi carrier to replace the spool. Good news is I only paid 200 bones for the other parts.
    I'd rather have the drum brakes for my build.let me know if they come up for sale..
    Rocky

Attached Files:

• QC2.jpg
      QC2.jpg
      File size:
      42.9 KB
      Views:
  20. spezialitat71

spezialitat71

So did you pic it up?????????????????? Nice seeing you on the run!

21. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

22. I've bought about twelve of them... most were like the one you have pictured for $350-$850 and the highest price I paid was a $1000 for a Magnesium Halibrand with a spool...

If the side bells and center section aren't cracked... I'd buy that for $400

23. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

I would say that if the housing is not cracked, $300 is like finding it.