Register now to get rid of these ads!

History No more "Chevys", sorry guys....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by URY914, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuces

Deuces

Yeah buddy!!.... That too! :D :)

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

caddy, is that next...gotta say cadillac

3. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Have you forgotten about the Chevettes??

4. I knew a girl in college named Harley who, honest to goodness, married a Davidson and became Harley Davidson.

5. Not too worried about the Chevrolet/Chevy bit as long as nobody tells me that I have to stop calling International trucks "Haybalers" or "Combines."

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

They always had it wrong anyhow. My dad, a French whore I knew, and I, always called them Chivvys..............:D

7. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Am I the only one who thinks this is just a blurb to generate some free publicity for the Chevy division of Government Motors?

8. I still won't be chevrolet57dude.

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

I thought they were called "Row Binders"

10. 5window

5window

Not a very nice thing to call your dad. Mine was just a fighter pilot.

11. LEMMING249

LEMMING249

They're just trying to make it harder for the Chinese to be able to say.........:)

12. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

And remember, Mr. Louis "Chevy" got famous by driving - and winning in - a Buick. And all this before a car was ever named after him.

13. If GM had a clue what they were doing they wouldn't have needed a bailout. I don't pay much attention to their news releases.

14. Dude they need to stop worrying about goddamn marketing so much and just make a decent ride. Admit it, Chevy's have been nothing but plastic piles of shit for the past 10-12 years. Even the new Camaro sucks ass. I had an '07 Silverado HD and I couldn't get rid of that piece of chit fast enough.

15. I don't know if anyone at CHEVROLET is listening or not... but if you are, listen up.

Whoever came up with the memo should be fired, or at least repremanded for such a lame-ass idea.

When a brand name reaches a point where the public refers to it by a "nick name" and then in turn, that nick-name is used by the company... uh, you'd reached a status that very few companies could ever dream of.

So then, things take a dive... you're scrambling like the rest of us in this cruddy economy... and you start looking for SOMETHING to make your product more marketable.

Enter, stage left... this lame-ass idea... that is, to get rid of the most important marketing took you have!

This marketing tool is a nick-name that came from a comfortableness and a brand awareness that is only second to people calling Coca-Cola "Coke".

But Coca-Cola was smart enough to put their nick name on their product... and look at them now.

You? Oh, in some feeble stab at political correctness and global awareness you get rid of the name Chevy?

Dumb ass.

You want to sell cars?

Get the third world countries using the name Chevy!

Shit, if anything... it's easier to pronounce!

But alas... when the back lash hit... you realized you screwed up.

Keep it up... and you'll run your company into the ground.

Think of it this way...

You need to get people to want to buy Chevies because Chevies are cool... not because they recognize that old stuffy name.

Where's Zora Arkus Duntov when you need him?

He wrote a memo that saved your ass back in the 50's... and you rode that gravy train for 50 years.

Sam

16. Quality shit? You need to take a ride in my new Camaro... even my brother who bleeds Ford blue rode in it and said "Chevy hit a home run with this one."

Oh wait... you're the guy who blew the doors off of a Mustang with your '63 Volkswagon! Hahahahahahahahaha!!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5314858#post5314858

"Tell us again Grandpa how you blew the doors off that Mustang again with your Volkswagon grandpa! Tell us again!"

"Well... it was nineteen and ninety three... no, four... no... three... and I had this old VW bug with a twenty one something or other motor... it had NOSS and a WINK mirror and graphics cut into the window tint and..."

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Sam

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  17. And new Corvettes arent badged Chevrolet in Europe anymore, only Corvette.
    Lars

18. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

If you really think about it what has ford or dodge came out with of late that you would spend your cash on.

19. metalshapes

metalshapes

The late model Camaro's and Daewoo's have shown up...

Time to close this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.