Register now to get rid of these ads!

death by the truck-load...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by theloosecannon707, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Just a little bit ago in downtown Templeton, this truck pulled onto main st. and parked right by me. The first thing that I noticed was the 57' Ranchero up top the load. The driver stepped around the truck to go into the store, and I asked first how they loaded it, and it's to bad that it was too wasted to save. The driver replied, "it was in good shape when I loaded it", and then explained how he first put the forklift through the windows to lift the car, and when he ripped the roof almost off and dropped the car on the drivers side, he then grabbed it from underneath with the lift and loaded it. This car has all of the deluxe trim and was complete. I can remember this car running around not to many years ago. It's funny how some people can look at something so cool, and value it only as scrap...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mathew21

Mathew21

Very Sad........

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

wow, what a waste. imagine this happens all too often

4. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

I shed a tear for that poor Rachero. RIP.

5. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

:eek: what...the...fuck...

Did you start beating him with a rolled up newspaper or at the very least curse him to eternal damnation?! :mad:

6. salempunxoi

salempunxoi

7. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet he got $125.00 a ton for it . Very sad indeed.

8. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Just another reason why they should keep the death penalty.
    Bondo abuse and trashing good old cars should be a crime in all States.

9. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

/fixed

10. ...........wth...??????????? Where's the bolt of lightening when you need it?

11. hammer bowling

hammer bowling

Its only a ford............

12. cheveey57

cheveey57

Headlights look like a 58...........

13. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Could have sold that to someone who would have treated it right for way more than he got for scrapping it.

That's sad to see indeed.

14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That is really, really lame...

15. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Of course, why would anyone ever do this to anything but the hated ford, most other car models have a sign on them that was placed there by lord almighty saying do not touch or you will die, a ford has a digital meter with the current value of scrap by the ton attached to its side as well as sign saying I am garbage please ram me with a fork lift and throw me into a dump truck. Oh BTW, I would have lost my right boot if I had this story told to me, love those Rancheros.

16. Scumdog

Scumdog

Man, what a waste - a possible $3,000 car scrapped for $150...:eek:

And thay don't make them anymore....:(

17. scott 351 wins

scott 351 wins

looks like a ford in your avatar......

18. It is sickening indeed. Its also a 1958 by the looks of the side trim and front end.

19. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

If I had one, I'd keep it,
    but I've never went out shopping for one, probably never will.

20. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

man that is truly a crime , ....

21. BobG

BobG

What a shame... Probably one of those guys that asked three times what it was worth and no one would pay it so he's going to teach the world a lesson and scrap it.
    It's not the first time and it won't be the last.

22. Agreed, it's a '58 but still sad to see it crushed. If you wanted a '57, a '57 front clip would bolt on--'58 sedan delivery and Ranchero kept '57 style taillights. The narrow '57-'59 9" rear end is probably worth what the whole car brought for scrap. Hasn't been that long ago that a scrap metal place at Piedmont AL, not too far from me, crushed what was a buildable '36 Ford 3 window coupe.

23. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It's compounded felony!
    1) The idiot owner probably got 1/10th of it's street value by selling it for scrap.
    2) It's one less buildable project car (or at least parts for someone's project) for the hobby.
    Add to that, the (idiot #2) metal scrap dealer flips it for scrap value. What's he make-$100 on the car?
    Aren't scrap metal dealers in business to make money? You'd think he'd pay an extra $50 to have the owner sign over the pink slip, then quick flip it for a much larger profit=everyone wins!

24. davis574ord

davis574ord

what a fuckin waste!

25. draggin breath

draggin breath

As a retired scrap dealer blame the people who knew about it. You put up or shut up. The owner OWNED it,it was his to do what he wanted to. end of the story.

26. Warpspeed

Warpspeed

Probably go to China, and come back as boxes of nails or something.

27. 1930roadster

1930roadster

I dont think the owner of the car got a dime, last time i scrapped a late model, they said "we will not charge you anything to haul it off". At least put a sign up "free" or 4sale $100. wtf? Ya think the haul off company/driver would have stopped and thought "maybe a can make a few bucks off this". Well ya can't fix stupid.

28. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scrapper mentality, 95% of those guys who go around like that only see the instant money that it will bring by the ton and aren't the least bit interested in selling the whole vehicle or selling parts. If the other side of that tailgate looks anywhere near as good as the outside that alone would bring plenty on Ebay or at a bigger swapmeet.

But we don't know the whole story either. Who knows what the real reason it got scrapped was.

I didn't get a photo but Saw an early 50's Hudson sedan sitting at the local wrecking yard today when I went down to sell a mid 80's fwd Caddy parts car. But he will either sell the whole car to someone or sell parts off it until there isn't anything left to sell.

29. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

The diff alone would have been worth what the scrap value was.

Dont you just love scrap dealers, retired or otherwise.
    Just another middle man...

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Of course it is, but one of the primary causes of this is among us.

For decades, huge junk car lots, some of them of hundreds of acres were owned by simple average citizens, at no threat to anybody. Then different self-serving groups have infiltrated our society and they are being closed down. The price of scrap metal has ALWAYS been a factor, but is not the cause of the scrapping of these cars.

We are threatened within. As POGO said, about 1960 I think; "The enemy has been identified!! It is us"!!

I shudder to contemplate how many people that spout the HAMB theory, but covertly sell us out by signing on to a Home Owners Association. That's only one issue, but to me a primary one, due to these people, in their thumb-sucking imaginations, that the average citizen shouldn't be allowed to park an unlicensed junk car in front of his residence. I detest anybody that presumes that he can dictate to me as much as how to cut a blade of grass, or how to paint a fence. Their inferiority complex is manifested in their actions.......................