Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods June Bang-Er thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Head, Jun 1, 2010.

1. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  2. The37Kid

The37Kid

BLUTO IS BACK!:eek: Time for me to crate something. Hope all is well on the Eastern Front. :)

3. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

4. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

The Hobarts have their own heating element. The are hot enough to be Kosher. Honest

And they take a heavy load

You can place them out doors

T I am unable to work on anything for the near future

5. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

Bluto..... with their own element that sounds doable. Are you able to work on the Miller and what are your plans for the engine? Thanks

I would like all of you to tell me what kind of animals you think are in the crates. And no they don't drive brand X. All I know is they are big.

6. Rogi

Rogi

I'm using ARP studs. Now wondering if my torque wrench needs calibrating...

I used an A gasket on the A & B on the B

7. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

They are Turkeys. I can smell them from here.

8. More on side drafts.

First, the adapter as shown in the photo is made of 1/4" 2 x 3/16" square Al. plate. The hole spacing is 1.500 typical, (meaning they are all the same) The slots are cut with a 7/32' end mill. I had thought to use a 1/4' ball endmill but the 7/32" slot

should allow enough fuel or at least it did for me. You can calculate it out but you will find that a 7/32 x .250 slot will have a greater cross sectional area than a .250 x .259 round passage. The main concern I had was to have enough width to the web between the slots to seal with a gasket. The slots are on a .400 center. The plates were sanded on a small surface plate to insure they were flat. The gasket surfaces on the throttle body and the float chamber should be checked as a lot of them are warped due to overtightening and thick gaskets. I used a .015 gasket The gasket surface base should be checked as well. The current supply of Allen flathead screws seem to have thicker heads and must be faced or ground or you can run the counterhore in deeper so that they are flush or slightly below the surface.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  9. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

From the looks of this painstakingly constructed special in 1940, the big open can mufflers kids are putting on their cars today are nothing new.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] There is a bearing joke in there somewere.

11. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

12. noboD

noboD

I'm sure they are not everyday farm animals, pigs don't have claws like that.

13. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

I am running the stock updraft and exhaust manifold. I was thinking of going with a straight pipe (no muffler). Will it run ok or do I need a certain amount of back pressure?

14. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

make it long & you have back pressure .............. steve

15. peanut

peanut

Well its been a long time since i have posted in banger section. I pulled my RPU out today. And started it up. It has been almost two years since it was started. And it started right up. ran good. But i have lost most interest in it. (motorcycles) so it will be in the sale section soon. anyone looking for a 31A RPU. that needs a little finishing give me a ring. [email protected]

16. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

I think Daddyo said it right Turkey. You can see a turkey head in the top box.
    or is that just a snack for BIG FOOT:D

17. I took a look and I agree with CDO, Turkeys!

18. If you weren't so far away we could probably do a deal . I have a 51 Triumph in storage.

19. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ok , where are the turkeys ? i look all over the site .................. steve

20. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[​IMG] turkey turkey turkey...:D:D

21. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

LOL could not see the chicks for the car ! thanks .. steve

22. 54chop

54chop

Looks like wolves in the crates to me
    54chop

23. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[​IMG]

dinner anyone...

24. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

BCCHOPIT.....you are a mind reader. If I blow this up anymore it loses it.

On my monitor looking at a fairly good photo here, there are two big legs sticking out the back with claws and something big hanging out the rear side of the top one.

But the top one also looks like it may have some turkeys in it. A must be a red neck zoo on wheels.

25. noboD

noboD

In BCCHOPIT's pic I see what could be a turkey or peacock head and legs. But in T-head's pic it look like fur and claws to me!! Inquireing minds want to know, what the H is it?

26. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

you can see the turkey legs at the bottom of the bottom crate and the angle of the wing looks like a big arm or leg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2010
  27. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

My car came from a chicken farm. Dave got it from the feed guy that needed money for a well pump got it for 95 bucks in 1954.

28. I have a question for you guys that see arms with claws in those crates. Do you look under your bed each night before you get into it? If you look closely you can see a Turkey head and neck in the upper crate and legs in the bottom crate.

29. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

Turkey's are scarey man.. I've had my butt kicked by a Tom or two as a kid.

30. You guys are scaring me with all the Turkey talk..... been out motoring around with my car as usual fellas. Nothing new to report beyond the occasional parts score or tire kicking for me this month. I am searching for a good frame for the right price for my modified. Have not settled on whether I want to use an A frame or beef up a T frame. Engine is gonna be the 41 9n motor I picked up recently and probably a world class fife speeder.-Weeks