Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford 3Window Barn Find in Pennsylvania Auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Jun 10, 2010.

1. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

It will no doubt end up being a high dollar pissing contest like these auctions usually are. I bet it goes for really stupid big money bought by someone with more money then brains.

2. Well... the "estate" and auction house would probably be thrilled by that though. After all... it's all about getting the maximum amount of $ for these items at this point for them.

What I'll never understand is how cars like this one and many others before it ever make it to the point of being "auctioned off" to the highest bidder. Was there no one in the family that wanted it? Was the family fighting over it? Why wasn't it parted with sooner? Who else knew about this car? WTF?

Who is/was Clair Ness? What's the history and story of this car... and the rest of the more unique items shown on the site? I'm more interested in those sort of facts than what the final price is when the hammer finally drops.

Does anyone else ever feel like that... or are we all just Magpies really?

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great questions Decker! This is one mans life savings, sure would like to know about him and his years in the hobby. He must have had plans and dreams for the 3Window.

4. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

You are so right Chris! Just heard about another 5W and a 3W here on the west side that are going to be available soon. A lot of projects out there that guys never got to, and now are too old to finish them or no longer with us.

5. wow - front wheel drive - that has to be rare....

6. sawzall

sawzall

sorry 37 kid.. but posts like this are stupid..
    posting about it on the hamb only puts the item on the radar of other high rollers.

its a well known auction in a hot rod rich area, it will fetch large dollars. period.. AS HAS BEEN SAID.. its A well known CAR AND AUCTION.. and was discussed at york last weekend openly..

PERSONALLY, I would be surprised if there aren't several absentee bidders already..

7. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I've heard of one...but no doubt there are more phone bidders in the wings.

However, I'm not opposed to the idea that 37kid made it public if it's only going to increase the pain on the high rollers who will no doubt get it out of range for the average joe within 60 seconds flat. Bring on the blood bath! :cool:

I do find it interesting, though, that this was mentioned in a thread here on the HAMB about a month ago, and that thread mysteriously disappeared! I wonder if it was because the poster linked directly to the auction? JeffreyJames remembers it....

8. fatabone

fatabone

I know of a few guys going with big money so I'm guessing 30k. I heard it was listed in the paper for 10k and nobody would buy it so now it's here up for auction. I also heard the auctions opening bid will be 10k. The story I got was the guy has had it for years and it never made it on the road. This is a well advertised auction and alot of people already know about it. There was alot of talk about it at the streetrod nationals at York last weekend.

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yup! I am personally responsible for telling a few people to head up there with a wad of cash to get it. But when I seen that Pink '32 Roadster hit EBAY I forgot all about the 3w and my focus shifted. Who bought the pink roadster?? I know one of you fuckers has it!!! Ha!

Hey Jr. do you think that car is going to be as solid as my own was? All I keep replaying in the back of my head is you folding the quarter in to close the tailgate and my heart hitting the floor hahahahaha!!!! Thanks again for the help. I've got new quarters now and the old ones are hanging up!

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

You may be the first guy that thinks 1932 Ford 3Window auctions are stupid. I've never been to York, so I missed all the chat, sorry.:confused:

11. uncle buck

uncle buck

Well sawzall - REALLITY SUCKS doesn't it. Unlike you , I like many others here always enjoy reading about these cars as can be seen by the other posters in this thread

12. ^^^^^^ what uncle buck said

13. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

$4100 or $41000? Too bad those who already have one can't let others get in on the game! :rolleyes:

not trying to scare you off, im not going. just dont get your hopes up. even if its very rough, think what the dash and if it has a cigar lighter is in it are worth alone. with a title im sure it will go north of $30k but wont be shocked if it gets closer to $50k. but then again someone might walk away with it for less then $25k. never know[/QUOTE]

I know :p I was just pulling your leg. Again, part of me is thinking of going *just* to see what type of insanity ensues.

14. Clark

Clark

What Sawzall was saying is posting the auction before it happens just adds advertising. the only way to get good deals is if the high rollers don't show up. Now this auction already had a good buzz going about it and the post really doesn't hurt anybody's chance of getting it.

I've see atleast two posts on this auction that have been deleted by moderaters.

Posting auctions is a double edged sword. There have been auctions that should have slipped under the radar and they get posted on here....BANG everybody is there and no deals to be found.

Then on the other hand we went to that auction in Indiana that we found out about on the HAMB. We actually came home with a lot.

Yeh i knew about this car for years. He wouldn't sell it. There are all kinds of stories floating around. Heard one guy say it wasn't worth the 10k they want cause of the rust.

I'm not going cause there will be plenty of high rollers there. the ones that don't get the car will have plenty of cash in there pockets and will over pay for the parts there.
    Clark

15. It's a crazy state of affairs when such a rusted pile of junk would bring $30k plus. If it were a 32 Chevy or Plymouth in that shape, it would be worth about $1500 on a good day. It's amazing how many people are lined up to bulid the same car over and over again.:rolleyes:

16. S1B

S1B

I don't know why anyone would pay 32 prices. Its alway been beyond me. Give me a T or A anyday!

17. I don't see what all the fuss about this car is. It can't go for too much....I bought a V8 5 window in better condition than that for 1000 bucks!
    Hmm that was in 1976 though...:(

18. davesville

davesville

well said and its so true.i would like to see this rusted pile of junk on the road (as is)patina and character are hard to come by not too many originals over here in oz either:rolleyes:

19. freakboy

freakboy

Am i just missing something or what but why are these damn things worth so much money?

20. 2-TONED

2-TONED

they always have been the highest & when it all comes down they will still be holding their own.

21. 2-TONED

2-TONED

one never knows.
    it might pause for a second & the auctioneer will drop the hammer & someone ends up with it cheap.

22. Henry made about 200,000 1932 Fords, and at least 1,000,000 have survived.:D

23. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

No one saw that great lawnmower "barn find" next to that crappy old car?

24. DirtyWoody28

DirtyWoody28

if I had an extra $40,000 to throw around I'd buy it, but unfortunatly I only have and extra $40 to through around and thats pushing it haha.

25. Anybody going with a camera? I would love to see engine area and int. shots. Im sure others would too. I am still betting it goes for around 50. Any Hambers going let us know the final $$$$

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

If someone pays $50K they should be shot. That is unless $50k is not even a drop in the bucket for them well then carry on.

I couldn't imagine justifying that to myself or my family. I mean by all means spend 50K on a car but shit, you could buy a finished roadster from Titus for $37K or that fucking Pink Roadster for a bit more probably but it's perfect! I guess we all have our poison.

27. tuki

tuki

i know a guy who talked to the auctioneer..it apparently has a Nailhead in it and the bones are split.the guy was an old racer and died.had two daughters who didnt care about it.hence the sale.my dad is going i think now too.im like we dont need another project.lol..but it would b cool

28. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

29. awwwww i want a 32... anybody wanna trade for a good right kidney???? its been slightly used to filter beer :rolleyes:

30. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I'm seriously thinking about it, specifically for that reason. Also thought about shooting some video on my camera phone of the auction so you can see the foaming mouths, looks of lamentation, and riot that ensues afterwards.