Register now to get rid of these ads!

Of Course You Like Old Cars....What About Old Toys?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64Cyclone, Aug 30, 2009.

1. realkustom51

realkustom51

Some of my pressed steel hot rods. Check out the UTE rod.

Attached Files:

2. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Those are next on my list. I love the Nylint and Buddy L hotrods! :)

3. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, you model guys, I climbed up in the garage attic & dusted of these 2 items, both new in the box.
    The die cast metal '32 was won at the "Golden State" NSRA Nats, (2nd one) presented to me by "Wings" Callahan.
    The AMT plastic '32 has been with me since the early 60's.
    Any body know their worth??-------Don:D:D

4. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

What a nice Toy Box!!! I bet you have a real one to........Ol Deuce

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

64cyclone. that coke toy brings back memories, forgot all about those. i had one as a kid and loved it. You had added some toys to your collection. the VW bus is cool.. I have a buddy who collects nothing but VW, will have to see if he has that one..

6. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Here's some I've packed up since we moved. Hope to get them displayed again soon.

Attached Files:

7. SWIGJ

SWIGJ
    from JASPER GA

Some more.

Attached Files:

8. burnout2614

burnout2614

I have 50 thermometers, down from 85, yeah, its a disease. A few coca cola signs also. toys to me anyway

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  9. 31fordV860

31fordV860

In Garage-

Attached Files:

10. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Not really old stuff, but the Highway 61 A Model series are some of my favs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. 49Ratfink,

Could you take a couple more pics of your speedster (and/or the nice one) from side/front/top/etc? I haven't seen this Wyandotte before... it's intriguing!:D

12. 2NDCHANCE

2NDCHANCE

I love old toys, bikes, whatever.... My friends have way more stuff than I do. I'll get some pictures soon.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. Ramblur

Ramblur

Santa brought me a cool little die cast Hubley P-40 as a youngster in the 60's. I got tons of enjoyment out of it as a kid,even if I did get a little
    carried away with the magic marker graphics and managed to lose the prop
    along the way.
    [​IMG]

Better yet,I got a ride in the real deal last November! Dreams do come true...:D
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415808

[​IMG]

14. last g-man

last g-man

.....pressed steel cars/trucks from the 30's and 40's. Marx and Wyandotte...actually got part of m'collection published a few years back in a book on the history of the Wyandotte Co.

M'office is kinda tiny now, so these are just some I like to play with, the rest are boxed up

Ed

Attached Files:

15. last g-man

last g-man

....here ya go sir.

Attached Files:

16. MY 'fussmobile' AGE- 10

Attached Files:

17. I found this forum and this thread through a Google search. I'm trying to find replacements for some toys my Brother and I had in the late 1950's. I found one set that my Brother got that year that was the Structo Autohauler. However that same Christmas I got a Bottom Dumper I can't find anywhere. I don't remember what brand it was. I'm wondering if anyone here recognizes it? Here's a photo taken that Christmas day of me on the left holding my Bottom Dumper, and my Brother on the right holding his Autohauler:

[​IMG]

It's amazing what one can find on ebay. I also found the exact coat rack that can be seen in this photo below that is from the following Christmas of 1959. We're going to hang it in our home for our Grandsons to hang their clothes on when they come to visit:

[​IMG]

My Dad died last October, and we were amazed to find the sled in the above photo still up in the attic above his garage. The 3 of us couldn't decide who would get it so we put it in the Household sale, and split the $30.00 that it sold for.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  18. 50Fraud

50Fraud

An interesting detail about those Wyandottes is that each body was stamped from a single piece INCLUDING THE FENDERS. A really deep, very complex draw. I would love to have seen the flat pattern of the blank from which they were stamped.

19. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey Tony,
    Ya ever seen some of the post war german tin, the Markin & Gunthermann pieces, same thing, drawn from one piece of tin, but no wrinkles or cut lines.

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't think I have, Rex. I know the stampings were very nice on the Schuco stuff. Germans seem to know how to do stuff with metal correctly.

21. K-88 ghost

K-88 ghost
    from Nevada

I have 137 1:18 scale die-cast in their boxs. A lot of ertl and matiso(?) Mostly from the muscle car era and 50s & 60s, The finance commitee is on my case to make room in the garage storage area:eek:

22. cmyhtrod

cmyhtrod
    from ct

I have a post war sedan made in Japan that has wipers that move when you push the car. I've never seen another one like it.

23. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

24. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

[​IMG]

This is my favorite treasure, It's a 1977 Western Flyer "Ramrod" sold by Western auto, I had one when I was a kid and I shearched for many years to find another.

25. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

here's something funny I just realised. all but about 5 or 6 of these toys were purchased during the time I was taking pain pills for 4 broken ribs and a messed up shoulder.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. fbama73

fbama73

Model cars and old Hot Wheels for me. I'll redo a newer HW from time to time, but I really like taking the old ones that look like they've been shot at and missed, shit at and hit and making them look new again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, for the record, I would never attempt to pass of a restoration as an original. In fact, I do not use the repro rivets when reassembling them- I use screws so it is obvious that it's a restro.

[​IMG]

27. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

CYCLONE...hey cowboy CAR'S are our toy's...POP.

28. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I across this Willys on Ebay today. Bin price of $60.00. I remember picking these up a the local Revco for next to nothing.

[​IMG]

29. Great collections. I'm going to go browse ebay.....

30. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

In a way I wish I never found out about ebay as I spent a fortune replacing the toys I destroyed or mom threw away or gave away when I got too old for them.

von zipper likes this.