Register now to get rid of these ads!

ideas how to 2tone my nova

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 7dNova, Jun 9, 2010.

1. 7dNova

7dNova

hey guys so ive seen the muscle machines nova and the way its 2 toned. dont really care for how its follows the body line so maybe you guys can help. any ideas basic drawings anything. i thought of seperating the colors by the molding line but not sure how it would look. what do you guys think? if i use the molding line that means it will go from the top of tail light to the point of the fender. if use the body line well ignore the body line i just dont like the seperation unless someone has an idea on how to change it up. any suggestion drawings pics that will help please send. thanx alot.

2. 1320/150

1320/150

The only way I would do it is find the original vinyl top trim and two tone the top.. White on top, light metalic blue on bottom. I know boring,but I think it would give a cool sleeper look to the car. Please no tribal crap!!!! cool car by the way!! I know this car is off topic,but I love small tire cars!!!

3. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

5. Muttley

Muttley

Correct, besides, that car will look terrible two-toned.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Here it comes, O/T car and still no intro. :eek: This is going to be interesting. You didn't read the rules did you ? YOUR DAD :p:D He's all yours guys.

7. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

It seems as if this site has been getting flooded with O/T cars and people that don't understand this place is for Pre-1964 TRADITIONAL hot rods and customs only. In all of the picture threads there's gotta be somebody posting a muscle car, or their 2002 Mustang GT.

I'm not saying your car isn't your pride and joy, and it's great you want to show it off... but do it on an appropriate website. Read the rules.

*steps off of soap box*

8. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

johnny, didnt you raise him right? Theres nothing wrong with Nova's, I think he just wants to hang out with daddy so help him flat black the Nova add some red wheels, a couple iron crosses, take away all the safety features and wala?

9. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

One word, Kids :rolleyes:

10. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Send 'em to school, expect them to learn. Introduce them to this site, tell 'em to read the rules and regulations before they post and what happens...??? It goes in one ear and right out the other...

I wouldn't two-tone a '70 Nova...but then again, it ain't my car...!!!

R-

11. phukinartie

phukinartie

Marina blue white top different site

12. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

How come nobody is giving this same treatment to the guy with the Pro Street 48 Chevy???? Same deal.......totally off topic style.......yes, the guy's workmanship is very good, but so what? And he keeps banging the thread back to the top every couple of hours!

I can't believe the stuff that is being allowed to go on and on and on here that is just wrong for the site........

I find it a bit maddening......

CB

13. brandon

brandon

and i get my post deleted , when i helped identify the part the guy was looking for.....:rolleyes:

as a side and such....we did a 2 toned nova in black and blue....split with a small tapered silver line from headlite bezel to just past the door handles on the quarters.....has a little bit of flame action coming out of the silver (think exhaust) ...will have to look for pics.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like we are going to have to return to verbal abuse if we want this forum to stay true to what it is all about. like the guy with the pink 34 Ford. we were just too nice to him then he wanted to come back and argue about the 80's street rod he posted pictures of.

15. brad chevy

brad chevy

Go to hotrodders.com and you will find plenty of stuff about your care.I got to go to the store to get some cheese to go with the wine.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If it's the guy I think it is, I gave him shit but, and Ryan shut one of his threads down... the dude has no clue whatsoever. But I went ahead and gave him some more for ya...

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

same thing with the guy who keeps posting the high quality street rod Mercs. got some sort of shop...i forget his name

18. 666Irish

666Irish

Should I twelve tone my 1985 Yugo?

19. henry29

henry29

Yes you should.

20. 666Irish

666Irish

Ok. What 12 colors should I use?

21. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

I made a thread about the stance on my 65 Impala , I was just looking for opinions on the stance as it was lowered. It's as on topic as an off topic car can be. It was deleted very quickly . I don't have a problem with it because it is after all OT.It is not a muscle car ,steel wheels , etc..

I understand the rules and don't post about my ride often at all because it's a 65,it just makes me laugh when I see threads like this and the " whats in your CD player. I would not posted my 65 on here but I had just lowered it and as we all know " stance " is everything and wanted expert opinions from the fine people here.

22. Start with all of the colors of the rainbow! :cool:

23. Muttley

Muttley

Dont forget the mural of a gladiator on a polar bear on the hood.

24. Call Chip Foose!

25. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Why is this thread still running?????

CB