Register now to get rid of these ads!

"BAD NEWS" T, post all the pics you've got!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

2. So where do we get the dvd devil at you feet and will it be at LA Roadster show for sale?

3. Sebastian.A.G

Sebastian.A.G
    from argentina

guys, now I can not sleep, the bad news is perfect car, the verne 34 is amazing.
    the burbank choppers leaves a mark on the history of traditional hot rods assure you that in my country Argentina, when watching the video of wahhooooooo rides! I stick my head!

thanks for the pics verne
    greetings guys

4. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

The DEVIL AT YOUR FEET is available at www.ATOMICHOTRODS.com also check out Brians other movie The Road To Bonneville it's a good one.

Here's a cover from Barracuda "BAD NEWS" with Dayna Delux.

Over on the Jimmy pick up - Weesner painting - Emerald Tide post, a couple of guys mentioned Dayna Delux may be the perfect girl for recreating the painting.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Thanks Verne!!! That side shot is what I think we all needed! What magazine are those spreads from? It looks like Rod & Custom on the bottom page but a different type. Aaron is the Art Director for R&C right?

The Devil At Your Feet... yours truly designed the cover/jacket layout!!! Chris Casney took the picture.

[​IMG]

6. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Gonna have to get me a copy of that!:cool:

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Yeah man...that shot rules.....
    I'd love to chop mine that far....but I'm too fucking tall.....hahaha

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That's why you don't put an insert on up top dude! You're from Washington? What's in the water up there? That Gorilla Chris is like 8 feet tall too! It's all that inbreeding with Sasquatch!:D:D

Verne is pretty tall too. His head clearly sticks over the top. Just sayin'

volvobrynk likes this.
  9. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I plan to have a removable hard insert......done up in white pearl vinyl with metalflake blue piping....so I gotta fit under that man....haha....

10. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Healthy OLDS engine, originally came out of our good friend
    Lee Pratt's '40 Ford.

[​IMG]

Another shot of Dayna...

[​IMG]

Jeff, the magazine article is actually Rod & Custom in Hungary but no relation to the magazine Rod & Custom here.

Ken Carvalho and volvobrynk like this.
  11. Curly Hand

Curly Hand
    from Tucson

Amazing photographs thank you so much. Would you mind sharing any pictures of your 34?

12. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

Hey Verne, Thanks for all the insight. It's cool to hear about the build (and show) from the inside. Thanks for sharing! -James-

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Cool. Who would have thought Rod & Custom Hungary??? HAHAHA!!!

That Olds motor definitely has me thinking twice about my Chrysler motor in my coupe. They just look so fucking good!

14. 10secondA

10secondA

man i love this car, me and my dad are building a 27 for him right now and this car has always been inspiration to us

15. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

I have a 27 t coupe that is next on my build list and this car has always been my favorite. It will definetly be my insiration on my build. Bad News is that car that really turned me to building hot rods. It will always be at the top of my favorite list.

16. The_Forgotten

The_Forgotten
    from WNY

There's few things hotter than that rake!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
    volvobrynk likes this.
  17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

18. loco_gringo

loco_gringo

Great looking T.

19. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

There's also about 15 pages of photos of "The Bad News T" in the book "The Electroline Diaries", your can order it through the Choppers site:

www.BurbankChoppers.com

[​IMG]

It's a great book packed with a ton of amazing photos.

20. Thanks for posting here Vern your inside point of view an pics are great I feel like I'm in a history class.Thanks to you an the Choppers for being good examples of Hot Rodding an what its all about.

21. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

TERD...yes sir it was probably as bad as any OLD'S powered coupe, back in those day's. man they we'r great engines, especialy the 455 c.i. old's was the oldest american automobile, and G.M. let it slide...as in GOOD BY...POP.

22. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

For those here that never saw the "BAD NEWS" RIDES episode (I hear that it still does air regularly on HD). Here's the story in a nutshell, the producers of RIDES contacted us about doing a show, we came up with the idea of building a T coupe with a '27 T body that Aaron was given to him by his grandfather as a 5 year old boy. The idea was to build the T, radical but tasteful and solidly built. The TV crew gave us 3 months to complete the car, as filming started they said they needed it done in 2 months. We basically went from having a body, to driving "BAD NEWS" in about 2 months. Parts we didn't have as a club we had to find, quickly. It was hectic, there was pressure, there was behind the scenes drama and all this done with cameras in our face but the end result, the show and the car turned out pretty cool in our eyes. The RIDES crew did listen to us and the show got the story pretty much as we told it. We've heard great response from countries all over the world where the show has aired. That RIDES episode turned out the right thing for us to do, it strengthend our bond as friends and the show lead to many other opportunities for us as individuals and as a car club.

30 some odd years after Aaron's grandfather dragged home an old '27 T coupe body that he found in an alley, CHOPPERS got to build it together on television...

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  23. jfrolka

jfrolka

its not a rat rod!!! hahaha

24. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Has it really been 6 years? Damn.

25. just ordered it today. I assume you guys are going to be at LA Roadster show this year in the swap meet.

26. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

27. Verne

Verne
    from Burbank

Hot Rod Ron, we'll be there wouldn't miss it!

Here's a couple pics of "BAD NEWS" our friend and photographer Laurent Bagnard took, he also did
    The ELECTROLINE DIARIES book.

[​IMG]

Van did the lettering and striping.

[​IMG]

I'd say Aaron digs "BAD NEWS", Aarons forearm, art by Ed Newton, tattooed by Shawn Warcot.

[​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Verne,

Thanks so much for sharing. I had no idea you guys did that in just two months. Wow! I admire you guys (The Choppers) and all your cars (and truck). If I had to be pinned down to one word to describe the Choppers, I think I would pick "quality". Or maybe "inspirational". Or just plain killer and kickass. I love everything y'all are doing and please keep it up. Thanks again!

Cheers from the East Coast,
    Kevin

29. MERRELL

MERRELL

i saw that episode of rides 3 times last week on hd television,great episode!!

30. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

I also saw the episode of rides and could not get enough of it.Very inspirational, Vern's ride is also very sweet.I have allot of respect for these guys doing what they do.I wished here where i lived more guys would snap out of this street rod thing and appreciate the traditinal hot rods.Every local car show here is more car polishers and not even enough hot rods.I also bought the dvd The DEVIL AT YOUR FEET..It is awsome...Thanks vern.

volvobrynk likes this.