Register now to get rid of these ads!

Smashed my Sedan pretty good today....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Joe T Creep, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

So I still have the same cell phone for the last 5 years and I figured I'd go get an updated one finally. Yay exciting! I just got my Sedan going again after the steering column mount broke. Got a nice Maund one at the Roundup and I finished installing it last friday. Jumped in the car and took the mile and a half drive to the phone store. 50 yards from the store a lady that was ahead of me to the right of me decided to make a u turn in the middle of the street right across my lane. I hit her on the left rear door of her forerunner. Full T-bone. Exciting is right. Crumpled me up in the steering wheel which is now nicely bent, my new column mount broke and the front end of my car is all pretzled up. Frame is mangled also. Good news is none of the welds broke. :) I didnt build it ,but it still makes me happy. Oh well. Now the insurance companies can duke it out. Bruised and beat up a bit. About to leave to go to the hospital for a look over just to be safe. If I wake up in the morning and cant move I'll be pissed.
    I hate to say it but the other driver......Was an Asian lady. Said she didnt see me. :-(
    Poor car. The moral of the story is dont upgrade your old cell phone.

Attached Files:

2. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That sucks, be thankful you're able to tell the story it could be alot worse

3. lorodz

lorodz

at least your ok ....car can be fixed f-her for making the u turn..

4. She can't see "dune buggies" apparently.

That sucks man, glad your okay.

Cut chop rebuild!

5. that sucks!! Good luck with the insurance companies.

6. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Glad your all right, to bad it was during the day, late night on a lonely street !!!!!!, we can only wish.....

7. (BlueOval)

(BlueOval)
    from Slo-Cal

X2 at least that T-Bone wasn't the other way around.

8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Doesn't look like your airbags deployed... :rolleyes: Sorry man, I hope the insurance company (hers) doesn't try to screw you because they can't look up a value of your car in a book...

9. that sucks,hope they give ya a clean bill at the docs.........make em pay I hate this I didnt see them BS,was she on the phone/

10. BELLM

BELLM

That sucks! Nice car, even if it is wrecked. I know your pain (re the car) I hit a deer last fall going 70 in my 34 coupe, did $10,600 in damage. Still trying to get it back together. Luckily had insurance no one was hurt, except the 8 point buck!

11. DNCII@mac.com

[email protected]
    from H.B., CA

12. Glad it wasn't worse. Usually you're more sore the second day.

Guess you are just too low to see..........
    Maybe you need louder pipes so they hear ya.:D

Now, it should be interesting to hear what the insurance company
    has to say. Hope it goes OK.

13. in the words of Garfield, "Arrrghh"

Well we are all glad your ok.

14. Wow! Look at that Ford axle!!!!

Can't hope for that kind of strength with a cast axle.

JH

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That has to be one tough little sedan to take a shot like that without more damage than that all together.

It seems that the other guy (you in this case) almost always seems to come out on the loosing end when tangling with drivers who pull stupid stunts like that).

16. 10secondA

10secondA

that sucks man, dont let the insurance screw you on the deal

17. ooops

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  18. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

glad to see you madeit out alive! thats one hell of a bend in the axel

19. 562roadster

562roadster

That really sucks, but at least you're ok. The car can be fixed. Just go to the doc and get checked out. Let the insurance sort it out.

20. Ol Deuce

Ol Deuce
    from Mt. U.S.A.

You will come out OK !!!!!!! glad you weren't hurt.............. Fix it and drive the sheet out of her......................Ol Deuce

21. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

Glad to hear you're alright. I hate that "Didnt' see you " crap. Had a little drive INTO me on my harley 3 weeks ago. I was the only guy on the road on a two lane highway through a town, going 40 in a 40. She stopped, looked right at me, drove right into me. Got my leg up into her quarter panel (2008 accord) and did a lot of damage. Got next to her and by the look on her face she DIDN'T see me. Idk how the hell that happens, they look right at you and actually don't see you. People like that shouldn't have licenses. Couldve been killed, got lucky with a sore leg for a few days and no damage. You didn't fare so well, hope the insurance companies figure it out in your favor. Was it an illegal u turn?

22. blackout

blackout

That is a shame. Glad you are not seriously hurt, though you may feel stiff and sore later. Hope you are treated fairly by the insurance companies and other parties.

23. One more reason for me to never-ever carry a cell phone, they are the devil's favorite toy. Not to mention one hell of a dog leash.

24. Glad you're here to complain about the accident. Cars can be fixed but good people are hard to replace. I've lost too many to idiots who 'didn't see them'.

25. 59mercsled

59mercsled

It never fails something like that always happens as soon as you get your car back on the road. I bagged my s-10 a few years ago and 3 days later some ass hole slammed into the back of me. Good luck with the rebuild.

26. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

On the positive note I'm sure there are many things that you have wanted to fix or change- now is the time.

27. glad your okay.... there are a lot of ditzy drivers out there.. who the hell makes a u turn from the right lane!? reminds me of when some tourist in a civic decided to zoom out of there parking space without looking while i was driving my 1975 w200 4 door power wagon. lucky for them and me i could stop quick enough because that tank would have annihilated that poor civic.

28. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

If she made a U-turn over that double yellow in the photo, she is screwed. Very illegal in Californa. I did some lab experiments with my students in science class to test peripheral vision and we discovered that when you are focused on a task, your peripheral vision can diminish to as little as 8 degrees off center. So she probably didn't see you. Glad you are alright and your car wasn't damaged too badly.

29. Zombie57Ranchero

Zombie57Ranchero

Fuck that sucks! Glad your ok bro hopefully the insurance covers everything and you get your ride rolling again soon!

30. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I know you mean well, borntoloze...but to even hint that any change in his car could've avoided this, is hilarious. This is the kind of b.s. that her insurance company might say. Lights, shiny paint, or a higher stance would've made no difference. Maybe a change in her car could've avoided it...such as having her rear-view mirror adjusted correctly...instead of pointing at the sky. One other thing that "may" have been a factor...She made a U-turn from the right-hand lane for God's sake. Glad you're OK, Joe.