Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see your Kick Ass Interior that is period correct to your ride

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ragtop49, Jun 8, 2010.

1. I need a factory radio and a new dash panel, but short of that I'd same I'm pretty much period perfect.

I've even got pedal covers.

[​IMG]

2. special-k

special-k

I'm with Verbal. Most people that have BUILT something nice should be more understanding to seeing a car in progress ( meaning having a miss matching interior or other parts) because they KNOW how much time/money getting all the details right can cost. OP comes across as a ass.

3. No need to be defensive, just read Ryans Journal entry. :)

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I agree with this thread, in most cased the interior is an afterthought.

Well then, if it doesn't fit the HAMB, and that would be traditional, then don't show it here. Or shut the fuck up when your panties are in a bunch.

I agree. I wish I could get around to finishing my interior. To busy with other stuff right now.

For now it's what I have...

Thickin' that skin up and un bunch your panties. Maybe get a sense of humor while you're at it. It's only the internet.

5. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Brother Nads........That boy has GROWN!!!!

He does not, by chance, have any of your smart ass inclination, does he?:D:D:D

6. dt50chev

dt50chev

It seems the OP's intention was to ruffle some feathers. I agree that having the correct interior can make or break the look of the car, just like having the correct wheel/tire combo and stance. If you want to look at things from a "traditional" point of view, cheap and free are way more traditional than spending big bucks on an interior that meets with someone else's idea of "correct"

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I think there is a lot of confusion as to what "traditional" means here. It's not using what's free or cheap. It has to fit the style of the era, traditional style and period correct are what goes here. I don't care if you're Fiero seats were free, they are not traditional. This has been hammered out over and over here for the last 10 years.

8. My '54 compliments of myself and JC Whitney.

Attached Files:

9. I read alot of interior books both old and new, made some notes on when style/elements first appeared in little books and other periodicals.

I don't like the look of low back buckets and consoles in wide GM early 50's customs but they were in alot of showcars from about 1962/63 on. For me its too much floor/sill, compounded by a skinny console and not enough seat proportion for the early 50's fat GM body styles, but they are all over the little books and other mags so it must mean its period correct.

The few shoebox Fords seemed to pull off the buckets and console look better than the GM's.

I know I stretched the 50's kustoms period by planning to use the thunderbird wraparound backseat in my 52, no front buckets, no console, just the stock split bench and T-bird back upholstered in 2 1/2" tuck and roll in inset panels.

I've drawn up and collected the pieces for a custom dash with center gauges but I've yet to see that in a 50's custom in any of the period magazines... so I guess thats another demerit

Then again the plan might change but it hasn't for the past 5 years.

10. edweird

edweird

This is the inside of my 37. FORKLIFT SEATS FROM NORTHERN TOOL.

Attached Files:

12. dt50chev

dt50chev

I did not mean to suggest that Fiero seats can be traditional, nor any other make/model just because they are free. I agree that the interior should fit the car, the era and the particular styling of the car (hot rod, kustom, race car). This is the true meaning of traditional. Not everyone has the money to make their interior fit the car the way it should, these things happen. Lots of hot rodders used what they had available to them until they got the money to do it correctly.

My truck is not period correct with a Suburban 3rd row seat and a Hurst Pro-matic shifter on the floor. That is what I had, they function well and that is what will stay in the truck until I have money to change it out. This does not mean I have poor planning when building my truck or that I am stupid, it just means I am being a good steward of my financial resources for now. If I had to spend $2500 on a nice interior, that's all I would have. I could sit out in the garage on my nice seats and look at my nice dash and door panels, I would have no truck.

13. :cool: sometimes you have to do what you can, not what you want.
    my car my way...

14. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

Some pics of my brothers model a coupe that he sold..... Vans optional.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rome

15. That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!

This is what we're talking about here guys! Listen up.:D

BloodyKnuckles

16. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

You're a funny guy, Zman. Hysterical.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  17. What a lot of hostility over something that should come natural, not one time did I tell anyone how to build their fu#### car . If you want to run around with 5 gal pails for seats go for it, all I wanted to see were interiors that flow with the car. Once again with out knowing the person who writes an article and not seeing ones expressions because you have to read it via the internet you take a simple question and twist it around to be a negative aspect and personal toward your build . If you go back to the real Kustoms and Hot Rods of the 50s and 60s they all had a purpose and tie every thing together to complete a theme .The whole car told a story

18. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Sorry ragtop, but to be very honest, your OP is laced with the very hostility that you are now denouncing! LOL. If all you wanted was to see proper interiors, why not just say so? Why did you find it so necessary to bash? And what's with the F-bombs? Calm down, dude!

19. whitey3518

whitey3518

heres the car next pic is of the interior
    [​IMG]

20. whitey3518

whitey3518

heres the interior not a tuck and roll or anything fancy but I think it suits the car
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  21. whitey3518

whitey3518

and heres the dash
    [​IMG]

22. Great pictures !! Great Interiors !! If you don't get what the intentions where for this thread your missing the boat on Hot Rod culture and the art of building a car. I do stand by what I said. If you don't like my opinion move on but the majority of the older HAMB members know exactly what I'm talking about. The pictures speak for themselves

This is my # 1 PET PEEVE . Some F###ng duffass starts building a car and has no idea what direction he is building his ride to . He just starts putting shit on the car he finds for free that does not belong and that includes the interior . If you don't have a plan please don't touch the car ..:D

23. Nice Job !

24. See the thing is, I don't care how someone else ruins their ride. It makes mine look better.

25. YES YES YES perfect This is what Im talking about, this is why I started this thread if you dont see it your blind !!!

26. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Here's my 60s look.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. Nothing wrong with speaking/posting the truth. Especially when you are right. You have nothing to apologize for. (Ryan/Kev, that whole statement was purely coincidental, dead serious. :eek::eek:)

There are times when those of us are passionate about hotrods and customs put our words/thoughts out there like we would in a circle while drinking a beer. And sometimes we do not elaborate enough to get the point across to a larger group.

zman is right as well as the OP, interiors are often an afterthought or forgotten all together. I am guilty of this to some extent as well. I had the interior for the touring all planned out..................still OWN the material in fact. But, I had so much fun with it once it was painted that a couple pieces of foam and old black Tshirts were enough for the Bomber seats.

28. FANTM58

FANTM58

Heres some shots of my 58 Coronet
    black and white hounds tooth

Attached Files:

29. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Here are a few shots of the interior in my '34 that's in my avatar. Since I'm to dumb to figure how to make my pix big you will have to click on them to make them full frame. The interior is green flake with white pearl inserts. Sixties "high school hot rod".

Attached Files:

30. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Period perfect, how about early 50's JC Whitney....

Attached Files:

• 402.jpg
      402.jpg
      File size:
      36.3 KB
      Views:
    • 401.jpg
      401.jpg
      File size:
      29.2 KB
      Views: