Register now to get rid of these ads!

So long New Jersey....HELLO Texas!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by xxwelderxx, Apr 24, 2010.

1. I moved to TX in Dec. from Vegas. So far its worked out good for me.

2. Tinker51

Tinker51
    from Dallas Tx.

what do you mean north of waco is yankee land. anything south of waco is mexico.
    charles
    HA HA HA HA HA??&^%$#@*%^

3. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

No one has asked so far, so I will.

What are you going to do for employment ? I take it you have already lined up a good long term job ? Good pay etc. ?

My wife is from around the Dallas area and we are there a couple times a year to see family.

We too would love to move to Texas , and will one day.

4. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

hell where im at, anyone north of I-10 is a yankee to me, LOL good luck with the move, you'll enjoy that neck of the woods

5. Hey Mpot!!! Send me some Squares BBQ up here. Man, I sure do miss that place and nothing better than Texas Women!!!

6. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Absolutely man. Like I said, whenever you get down here, and it looks like it will be pretty soon, give me a shout.

HAHA ! Nowadays, anything south of Kansas seems to be Mexico ! :eek:

-Aaron

7. Sam Navarro

Sam Navarro

There's two kinds of people, Texans and folks that haven't learned to move to Texas yet. Anyway, welcome to the greatest state in the USA, go by yourself a gun and get ya a ice cold Lone Star Beer. My old ladies from up in Yankee land and she says she would NEVER move back.

8. Nope no job lined up...but my wifes employer is going to let my wife work from home. So my wife has a full time stable job lined up. Me on the other hand have a harder time finding work across state lines. Im a welder by trade and have worked for the railroads in NJ. I know jobs available down in Texas, but contacting through email is impersonal, so I am going to wait to be in Texas to find work.

My wife did say I could take some time off from working for a bit. I havent had a vacation in 8 years. Not one. So I need some rest.

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Well best of luck, I too am a welder, have been for the past 30 odd years.
    Did a lot of pressure piping and pressure TIG work.

For the last 12 years I've been teaching Welding full time at the big trade college here.

Not sure what your wages will be down there compared to NJ, I know they are way lower in TX than here in Canada.

A pressure welder up here makes $37-$48 an hour and even teaching full time I'm at just under $100,000 per yr salary.

No way I could even come close to that in Texas,at least I don't think so.

If not before, retirement is 9 years for me then we too will be Texas bound. :)

10. rschilp

rschilp

Welcome to TX.. I'm just a few miles south of you going down one of the most fun roads in the area (FM1378, look it up)

11. Welcome to Texas pardner! Folks down here are as warm as the weather...Texas, after all, means "friends".

Give me a shout if you need some help gettin' that sweet little MoPar runnin'.

-Gary

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Lucky dog....I'm from TN, living in North Jersey...I'd do anything to get out of this state. Worst decision I ever made.....

Cannot WAIT to leave here whenever we short sell our house because no one wants to move here...or default, whichever comes first :p

13. benderstrannys

benderstrannys
    from Garland Tx

Welcome to texas. been here for 21yrs. no way in hell Id go back to oregon. new to the hamb but beginning to dig it. I live in garland and have a shop in forney tx. again welcome to the best place on earth IMHO.
    Bender:cool:

14. apound

apound

Well said Mr. Faulkner

15. I'm finally in Texas!!

16. Welcome to Texas.

17. VonHertell

VonHertell

18. Area56

Area56
    from Oklahoma

Welcome to the SouthWest! Be sure to wear your Crimson and Cream and the proper way to root for the Longhorns is to make horns with your fingers and point them to the ground.

Oh, and be sure ask who that Mr. Frontage guy was that all those roads down there are named after.

Seriously though, hope you get in a groove soon and enjoy this part of the country.

19. I think I might want to find a place to work on my car. My current garage is a lot smaller then my old garage. Any advice ?

20. rschilp

rschilp

hard to find a place around here.. but I think you are in McKinney? there are some people around the Princeton (east of you) area renting out space, but it's hard to come by.

I can put you in contact with a lady that has about 1600 sqft behind her house for rent, just east of you.. but it's out there and not cheap.

21. Hmmm, another damn Yankee headed our way. Oh well :), welcome anyway ya'll

22. Hey I may be from up north, but give me a chance. Just took me a little longer to realize Texas is the best state.

I do have to say though that house prices and truck prices are low down here compared to Northern NJ. And the trucks aren't covered in road salt either!!!

Are there cruise nights around McKinney? I used to go to atleast one a week in NJ.

23. Texas-Greaser

Texas-Greaser
    from EAST PLANO

Glad to see you made it to Anna. Welcome frome Melissa Mckinney and now PLano.

24. Thanks.

Are you headed the the Malt Shop by chance? Im going there today to see if I can meet some like minded people in the area.

25. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

Damn, I forgot all about the Malt Shop deal yesterday. I drove the Riviera from Allen to Sherman, so I pretty much drove right by it.

Oh well, the Riv was dirty anyways.

So, you liking Texas so far ? Where in Anna are you ?

-Aaron

26. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

I've been here northeast of Houston for forty-five years now, transplanted from New Orleans my senior year in high school. Can't imagine living anywhere else. Welcome HOME! DD

27. Billy54

Billy54
    from Houston

Welcome to Texas, and the Africa hot summers!!!

My balls have been stuck to my leg since May 1st...

28. Im liking it a lot. I like the open land and I drove up to Van Alstyne today with my wife. We actually saw an awesome house there for sale. Lots of land to have a hot rod party :D

I live in West Crossing in Anna right now. I need a bigger garage though. Way too small for me.

Mine have been stuck to my leg since I got here, but the humidity is not as bad as it was in NJ.

29. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

If you're gonna have sticky balls it's better to have em in Texas..Welcome home..Saw in the paper that JESSE JAMES is moving to Austin this month

30. Im glad to be home.