Register now to get rid of these ads!

BAD deal from Summit racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sk_rodz, Jun 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

No problems with summit here

2. hemifarris

hemifarris

Just for the record I mentioned in my above post that I'd ordered new wheels and tires from Coker tire for my El Camino. The wheels were shipped from their California store. Their California wheel store IS Wheel Vintiques!Coker owns Wheel Vintiques. All 4 wheels I received had stickers on them saying that "we will NOT accept returned wheels that have been mounted".......

3. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

lol! :d

4. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Sounds like thats all on you!

Summit has been great and has a great reputation ecs the last few years in the service dept.
    No problems here

But then again a bad rep gets started by people like this!

5. "Whitey Ford" 62 Uni

"Whitey Ford" 62 Uni
    from Tampa, FL

they ahve been good to me as well. Doing a rebuild and have been buying parts through them all the time. I also bought the wheel vintiques on my 62 from them...nothing but good things. Even refunding they were quick to give money back. Usually when shit goes wrong the one who screams the most is the one to blame. Atl least thats what they say in the constrruction world...

6. 348tripower

348tripower

I MUST AGREE! Don't bash Summit for your mistake. I have been buying from them for years. They will do all thay can to help you just follow the simple rules.

7. Anderson

Anderson

Another vote for you should have checked first. Every single Wheel Vintiques wheel has had a sticker either on the outside of the box or on the wheel itself instructing the customer to check the fit before you mount a tire. Regardless of if it was a Summit or WV screw up, you should always check the wheels before mounting tires.

8. I just wish I got Summit miles or something. DAMN I'd be loaded. Summit is the best and next to them is McMaster Carr

9. rodger6494

rodger6494

I think it's official. You screwed up. Sorry.

10. brandon

brandon

think the last pair i bought had a sticker on the inside bead......

11. VonWegener

VonWegener

So there is an actual Summit Speed Shop. Interesting. I always though that they were just a giant warehouse and offices with phone banks.
    Is it decorated nice with cool displays and speed parts?

12. LANCE-SPEED

LANCE-SPEED

The reason they dont want the wheel back is cause its USED. Lets say they take it back, rebox it and the next guy that gets it gets pissed cause he recieved a used wheel he paid top dollar for. Now that would be Summits fault.

13. olskoolspeed

olskoolspeed
    from Ohio

It's impossible to go in and just pick up a part and leave. Too many distractions. It's like being a kid in a candy store.

14. chop32

chop32

I agree with your kid in a candy store comment. When I go to Reno I have to stop in their shop in Sparks. I usually mave no intention of buying anything, spend a couple hours looking around, see something I dont really need, but buy it anyway!

As for the wheel problem, its been said alot, but "mock up" truely is your friend!

15. Lild

Lild

Ive ordered a ton of parts from Summit over the years and have never had one single issue. I always figured the guys working there are like the guys working at parts stores. You need to know what you want and what specs you should tell them. And the wheels I ordered from them had bright orange stickers stating what others have written.

16. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

In the old days Summit never had an 800 phone line.
    I never bought from them just for that reason.
    They have one now but old habits carry over..Other people have had
    the same stuff at the same price or cheaper anyway.

17. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just recently bought a set of WV's from them and mine sure as hell had the stickers that said, "You mount them, you own them". That is almost verbatim. I checked fit before taking them to the tire store.

18. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

pretty much sums it up. I have never ordered rims from any company but it is kinda common sense to test fit it before mounting. For all summit knows the rim is all bent and beat up from some moron trying to "mount" it.

19. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Sorry, that's common knowledge and just plain good sense to check the fit before mounting the wheels. Summit is right on this one.

20. 69fury

69fury

one more vote for "entirely your problem" Definitely have to double check your stuff.

Now if the part number on the wheels from wheel vintique comes back as being a different size than you ordered......

21. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Kinda what ever one else is saying, you mount the tires you own the wheels. Summit has always been ok with me.

22. Philbilly

Philbilly

I've never had a problem with them. Everything I've ordered, I had in two days and they shipped the right parts.

23. recently ordered some stuff from summitt, waited 2 weeks and when i got the package, it wasn't my order. they tracked my order to a guy 1200 miles away and i got his order.

24. My local tire shop would have checked the fitment of the rim before mounting regardless of what the book said. Why didn't you?

25. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

I have had nothing but good experiences dealing with Summit. Including returns

26. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

I'LL go ahead and add Rock Auto to your list. Doing my chevy every part has been spot on.Someone here on the Hamb gave me the link to them and every thing I have got was correct.

27. badshifter

badshifter

come to find out, they will only fit on Wheel Vintiques wheels

That was your first mistake. If you look at the application for all the Bullet Caps Summit sells, you would see that they all specify Wheel Vintiques wheels. So you own that mistake. You didn't check the wheels, you own that mistake. You bashed a valuable vendor for your mistakes, time to own that one too.

28. Racrdad

Racrdad

Last set of wheels I ordered from Summit had the stickers everyone is mentioning. I have worked in online retail since 1998 and if I had a dollar for every customer that didnt read instructions on products......well......you get the point.

29. Three of them actually, Ohio, Sparks NV, and Georgia. It's the gearhead candy store as is the Jeg's Store

And having previously been a partner in a wheel company I can tell you that EVERY wheel co I know of has the same policy. Couple of reasons; first they are now used and the next guy doesn't want them in used condition. Second there are many monkeys working tire stores that have an innate ability to screw up a wheel while mounting it. Finally, how do we know what your problem really was. Maybe you didn't like em and now they are used. Maybe you hit a pot hole and bent them etc.
    Sorry man, but that is the industry standard and You screwed up, plain and simple

30. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

"People hear what they want to hear and Disregard the rest"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.