Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funky new Demon carb!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Appleseed, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Pretty much what I said in post #16...
    :D

2. Larry T

Larry T

That might look pretty good sitting on top of a 8-71 with a Hilborn style scoop.
    Larry T

3. Abomination

Abomination

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You don't put it on your flathead, you box it up and send it to me :)

5. Can you buy just the carb or is it only a carb intake combo.

If you can buy just the carb then get one and fab up an intake. The carb doesn't care what kind of engine is under it.

6. doctorZ

doctorZ

how did your first post start on a thread that hasn't been touched in 3 years!?

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My opinion..but i dont think this is the 'right" crowd for this..or at least being able to sell them at that price, and the stagnation of this thread seems to back that up
    and it looks like a serious PITA to use
    besides nothing looks cooler than a shit load of 97's. or 94's..or even 2G's

it looks different..but thats about all i can say about it..kinda ugly too
    too sterile

8. seems like these would look right at home on a 100k shop built street rod. i would think that you could get around the fuel / air distribution issues a lot cheaper then 2k

9. Deuces

Deuces

Everyone has an opinion !!! :)

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Beat me to it. :rolleyes:

Frank

11. al8apex

al8apex

I meant to post it over here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159245

more about Ford and less about that Grant guy ...

so solly, I will erase it and put it in the other thread, hope all it will make everything ok with the world again ... :)

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep ..and the fact of how old and stagnant this thread is seems to prove im not alone

13. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

I would have to think most of the threads from 2007 are old and stagnant but then again that is only my "opinion" .:rolleyes:

14. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

true..but it didnt even seem to go very far even than..or were you missing that point?:rolleyes:

hey im not looking to get anyones panties in a bunch..it just doesnt seem like the type of carb you would see much of on this forum..let alone the price is more than some guys have in their entire build..or engine for that matter..

maybe the old original type..seems to possibly fit a certain build..but that new one looks a bit too street roddy or sterile as i said before..

whatever..3,000 views and less than 40 comments..speaks for its self when talking to me

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  15. Deuces

Deuces

Might be old and stagnant for some folks... but it's still cool to read up on.... Sorry!

16. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

no need to apologise

17. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

No problem as we were not the thread starter but one of our/your fellow hot rodders saw it and thought it was interesting and wanted to pass it along.

Agreed it is not something that would be found on a "traditional" rod but then again it was never intended to , hence the lack of initial interest on this board.

Along the same lines quite a few on this board have embraced our Demon 98's while others have scoffed at them but so be it, not all of us have to conform to anothers opinion.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

yep..not pushing for anyone to agree with me..JMO..

on a different note..im glad there are companies like yours out there working on things like this, carbs are not something widely used or MFG'ed these days

19. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Agreed as many have gone the way of fuel injection but I still talk to many of all ages who would rather stay with carburetion . We will continue to bring new products to market both in carburetor and support systems.

Just last month we released our new D-FLow carburetor which uses D shaped butterflies instead of round ones. Lots of benefit in doing that but there again not a typical product for a traditional rod either.

There are other projects in the works as well but the "traditional rod" market is one that is real hard to manufacture parts for and make everyone happy unless you want to duplicate the appearence of any given item. Our products will continue to have their own style and looks but some of the guys will end up using them in the name of both reliability and safety over some of the original components.