Register now to get rid of these ads!

How hard is 50's Dodge glass to come up with?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TurboShadow, Jun 8, 2010.

1. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

I found a early 50's dodge/plymouth in a local yard yesterday. Sweetheart of a car and has a v8 in it, not a hemi so im thinking poly? 2 door, but not a busniess coupe. Im still working on ID'ing it. Car is 95% complete, but some real jerk shot out all the glass!!!! The side glass looks like flat glass, But it has a rounded 3-piece rear window. Is this stuff impossible to find? Id love to go back and make the guy a offer and save it, but If I cant find the glass it is pointless.

Thanks
    Dustin

2. katzenhammer

katzenhammer

3. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

I've got a rear windshield for a 50 Plymouth that I believe will fit I'd be willing to part with. 832-647-0342

Give me a shout,
    John

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

5. Slick Steve

Slick Steve
    from Indy

I have a 51' and all of the glass in flat, except the rear. I replaced all of the glass in mine, except the back for under $500, installed.

6. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

ck with bobs autoglass hear on the hamb, he just took care of me. great guy and hamb discount

7. 73RR

73RR

First v-8 for Dodge was 1953, first year for Plymouth was 1955. The Plymouth did not get a Hemi and the Dodge had Hemi and Poly available.

You really need to identify the year and make since there are a multitude of changes from year to year, brand to brand.
    If all else fails post a couple of pics.

8. dart165

dart165

Are you sure it's a Ply/dodge, or could it be a Chrysler? (WA is far enough north...could it be a Canadian? Mopar did some serious frankenstiening with their export cars back then) i beleive 50-54 Chryslers had 3 peice rear windsheilds, though no Dodges or Plymouths from that era come to mind.

53 chrysler:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  9. better post a picture!

10. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

I have done some more google digging and decided its a chrysler newport, 53ish? I dont have pics, but I may go get some tomaro. Im assuming glass for this is much harder to find?

11. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

And I was wrong. Im a new guy to this old car stuff, since I didnt see wires coming out of the valvecovers I assumed it didnt have a hemi. A little more digging (allpar) and it defentaly has a fireball V8...

12. 73RR

73RR

The search button is also your friend. Try here.

...oh, and that would be FirePower.....

13. make it a convertible... then you wouldn't have to worry about the back glass lol