Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sacramento Raceway -- still in business???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RustyBolts, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Does anyone know what's the story with Sacramento Raceway (Sacramento, California)?:confused: I was looking forward to going to the Nighttime Nitro Night of Fire there next weekend, but their website is screwed up due to malware so you can't even go on the site anymore, and their phone has been disconnected. I live 2 hours away from there, and I can't figure out a way to find out whether the race is on for next weekend or not. If anybody has any info or a new phone number or something, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks

2. cj92345

cj92345
    from so-cal

i know ther hosting the e/t finals this year and have done improvements:rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. jokerjason

jokerjason

I still race there when I can. June 12th is the nitro night of fire and then July 31st is the nostalgia drags. NHRA heritage series. They have done alot of work to the track the last few years, looks great. JOKER JASON.

4. WestCoastChris

WestCoastChris
    from Vista

I read on another board that the original promoters of this race turned it over to the track to promote. Have not heard any rumblings of the track closing, in fact they recenty did work on the race surface.

5. UPDATE:

I called the NHRA and they gave me an alternate phone number. I called and found out that that they're still in business and that they've been having problems with their phone lines, switching over from analog to digital. They said the malware problem on their website had to do with the company that connects to their website being hacked into. They said the Nitro Nite of Fire race is on for this Saturday (the 12th). So that's great news! I'll be there with my sons this Saturday! If it's anything like the previous ones I've been to, it'll be a great event. Tons of old front engine dragsters and other cool stuff.

They said that the racing is over at about 10:00PM, but that they're going to use a jet car to cremate some junky car over in the oval track afterwards as a little grand finale.

Thanks!

6. 65COMET

65COMET

I was just there for the Ford Lovers West Coast Nationals last month.Good people,nice location,too bad it is a 8 hour tow for me!!! ROY.

7. locklahn

locklahn

It's a fun race to watch. I work out there during the big races and help clean up after the small ones. Theres not much shade out there so remember the sun screen. if you see a guy with a goat on a quad wearing a red security shirt thats me.