Register now to get rid of these ads!

1961 Econoline Dual Master Cylinder Conversion??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BloodyKnuckles, May 30, 2010.

1. I know it's been done but I'm having a hell of a time finding info on it. I'm to the brake section of my van and I have everything I need except a MC. A new one is about $100. I would rather upgrade to a dual and spend my money wisely.

I hear a lot of talk about '67 E-100 MCs being what guys like Hellfish have done.

I would love for someone to shed some light on the subject in detail. I can fabricate if need be. Just need some solid info.

Thanks,

BloodyKnuckles

2. Anyone have a bit of info to share? I know there are a bunch of Econo guys who could use some insight.

Thanks,

BloodyKnuckles

3. butch27

butch27

The '67 M/C is rare as hen's teeth. They can be used on any rod . BUT You may never find one it was a one year only. I've looked for years for one. Good luck.

4. Unless it has a wierd bolt pattern it shouldn't be that hard to track one down that will go on and have the outlets on the right side... what am I missing here?

5. The pedal for the Econoline is attached to the master cylinder.

I think one could use the original MC and drill through and have another MC mounted behind with a rod going through the original. That way pedal modification would not be necessary.

Any thoughts?

BloodyKnuckles

6. dave lewis

dave lewis
    from Nampa ID

This is what i did for a 39 chevy, and it works great !
    Dave

7. Yeah, I didn't know they did one of those deals that late. Look at the kits they offer for the 49-54 Chevrolet - they do exactly that, a rod through the old master to run a new one bolted on a bracket on the end of it.

8. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

ElPolaco just made up some conversion mounts for that very thing. Contact him.

9. RodStRace

RodStRace

10. Rod, Thanks!

That's a killer design. I may just go that route.

BloodyKnuckles

11. fmc56

fmc56
    from RI

I have several complete 67 M/C setups for sale, includes M/C, pedal, valve and pushrod. They need to be sleeved and rebuilt.
    Fred

12. cowboy247

cowboy247

You have any of these M/c set ups left ? Beaver my email

[email protected]

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

yeah, those go for a lot on ebay.

Bloody Knuckles, I did NOT use a '67 Econo MC. I used a bracket from Fred Carillo and a '77 Maverick dual MC and disk brakes. It's a 15/16" bore MC and works fine, but I've been told a 1" bore would be better.

This guy also sells a conversion kit
    http://www.themodernform.com/econoline/econoline_master.html