Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2nd Billetproof Texas pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by original patina, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

truck hoods. cant place the year though.

2. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Took a close up shot from the rear 3/4 if nobody gets it.

3. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Nice lookin' 55...
    [​IMG]

4. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

Nice pin-up shot!

5. 47 Ford Pickup

6. NOLUCK13

NOLUCK13

Wish I could have been there, had to work all weekend but I'll be there next year. Everybody I talked to said it was good but a small show. Thanks for posting the pics can't wait till next year!

7. brewsir

brewsir

Looks to me like a killer show! My only complaint besides is that I didn't get to go!!.....well that and I have to cock my head to look at the photos!HaHa

8. McTullis

McTullis

It went to this car:

[​IMG]

Lots of cool work going into this...gonna be more rad when it's finished.

9. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

great pictures, thanks for posting. I recognize a bunch of those cars, I wish I could have made it this year.

last year was crazy hot, this year must have been a couple degrees cooler.

10. great weather... best group of people... great show... cool cars...

thanks Paul, Rocco and the guys @ Austin Speed Shop for picking my truck for their trophy. Thanks guys!!! y'all are some cool dudes... enjoyed meeting y'all and talking with you.

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Great pictures, and a great Texas show look forward to next years event. Sorry I couldnt make it back on sunday we had to shoot a wedding, and I am hopping in the van for a quick trip to bowling green right now lol.........Great Show Alan and staff

12. aaggie

aaggie

Two friends and I went on Sunday and the turn out was so bad they stopped charging admission. There was a yellow Model A and Turquois '39 Chevy coupe that were show quality but the rest were very crude Rat Rods that were jokes. The only vendors were a few T-shirts and drinks.

There were a few people in the swap meet but the junk they were trying to sell belonged in a Dumpster.

The organizers of this event should really consider another line of work, maybe it's just me but the comments heard from the small crowd were of the same sentiment.

13. jamcoupe

jamcoupe

Thanks for the award had a good time!
    Drove back on Sunday around 1:30 and it was cleared out.
    Got a badass trophey but did not recieved that awesome pinstripped plaque
    Not to be greedy but sure would like some more garage art!
    I dont know who has it please let me know! Ill pay for the shipping.
    Thanks yall
    Jeff

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  14. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Afterthoughts from a two year vendor.
    We were very disappointed with the turnout and really bummed on Sunday with maybe 20 cars. We saw many Houston regulars (Bruce and Danny had a bunch of cars with them), but fewer Austin cars, and we wondered why? (El Jefe was there, though). Several vendors bailed out Saturday night.
    Was it the heat?, the economy?, other shows?, graduations? or just general lack of entrant support?

However, Alan and the Firemen's Park crew were the best! They always wanted to help in any way and deserve our thanks. And the bands that played for an empty hall deserve a group hug!

The best way this event can be improved is by the rodders themselves- by just showing up. And maybe by moving it into the cooler fall weather.

15. Slonaker

Slonaker

I have attended and enjoyed the show both years. I simply didn't want to attend on a Sunday. I need that time to rest up after 5 hours of driving and a day of walking around in the heat. I was disappointed that Honky and the swapmeet were both on Sunday.

Slonaker

16. abone1930

abone1930

Way to go Jeff :D
    Did you have a hangover on the drive up there sat. :D

17. Choptop

Choptop

Yep, a two day show was a bad idea, we'll go back to one day. Two days works great in Washington and California, just not in Texas. Its an idea that didnt work. Sorry about that, we didnt screw it up for you on purpose... trust me. We advertised at Pate, Conroe, and LSRU for swap vendors, if you can think of any other swap meets to advertise at, let me know.

Saturday was a great show, sorry you missed it. Next Year Billetproof Texas will be one day.

and the next time you find anything like this in a dumpster, call me 916-207-4645, i'll come by and dumpster dive :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Kreepy

Kreepy
    from Austin, Tx

People don't realize the amount of work and uncertainties that go into planning a show, especially one of this size, multiple times a year, in multiple cities across the country. Give a guy a break.

Try putting on a show yourself and come back and criticize.
    my $.02.

19. Life is simple, if you dont like the show dont go. If you think you can do better please try, you might succeed or realize its way harder than it looks.

20. april may

april may

But the comments from the large crowd that showed up Saturday were just the opposite.

I've been to other successful Billetproofs in different states, so I know it's not Alan's fault for the turn out on Sunday. Maybe Texas just has a rat problem?

21. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Everything aside. Im curious, what did you hope to accomplish with this post? Seriously.

22. TXGreazer13

TXGreazer13

To Alan and everyone else who planned and pu ton Billetproof...THANK YOU! to everyone else bitchin and cryin''....if you can do it better..DO IT! IF NOT SHUT IT and move out of Texas!!!!....Here is how a show goes...get up ..drive your car..because yes they are fun to drive..set up shop with your buddies..check out new cars and trucks you have never seen....watch bitchin' burnouts..drink beer outside with said buddies..shoot shit for a few hours...meet new people....get new ideas.....drive your car home! WHAT IS THERE TO CRY ABOUT!!!!!!!! Unless you have no car, no buddies, or no beer...in which case GET A JOB AND GET CRACKIN' then you will understand a hot rod show...

23. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

"My girlfriend dwarfs this bitchin' '60. There were 4 women present over 6'1" - a kick-ass trend!"

I couldn't agree more. If you happen to know any that want to vacation in Florida please send them my way. :D

Lots of cool cars - always seems to be a diverse group of rides in Texas.

24. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

well put!

25. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

Looks like a nice variety of cars, like them or not. Somebody will always complain about something. I like the pictures that were taken, I just wish I didn't have to twist my head to look at them. There is my complaint!

26. Tommy R

Tommy R

Great pics and I really wish I could've made it, but we had this weekend's trip planned long before I knew there was a schedule conflict with Billetproof. :mad: Anyway, I've been on the planning side of large events and I know what it takes and how thankless it can be. So thank you to everyone who put on this event. Thanks for posting the pics, too. I'll be there next year for sure.

Tommy

27. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

NO shit about the TALL women of AUSTIN.. They're everywhere!

28. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

thanks to ALL who put on such a cool show. i was disapointed with the turn out, but still had fun.

for those of you that were at the first roundup, you should know, all cool shows start out small.

-danny

29. We went up Sunday and were puzzled by the low turnout. I don't see how the promoters could be blamed for folks not coming out, but I guess now a one day show will be better.The location and staff were great. Weather was good, plenty of shade. I'll be out for it next year for sure.

30. Glad to hear the change to a one day show, and keep the swap meet. This is a good location for a one day show in Texas, not an unreasonable drive from most of the major citys around this part of the state. I live in Houston and with a stop for breakfast, was on the road about two hours. I agree it just needs more participation. Thanks for posting the pics.