Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Finally scanned my Grandfathers Hot Rod Pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DaxxRuckus, Jun 5, 2010.

1. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

My grandpa gave me a bunch of pictures of quite a few of the cars he has owned over the years. I finally got around to scanning most of them, and wanted to post the HAMB friendly ones here. I know you guys would appreciate some of this old photography, since its pretty hard to find original shots like these. A lot of them have my grandma and grandpa in them, and its really cool to see so i figured you guys might like to check em out. I wish he still had some of these rides so I could go for a cruise with them!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  2. wvenfield

wvenfield

Wow, check out the Pinto!! LOL, cool pics. You're lucky he saved them. Not so lucky that he no longer has the 36.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

cool photos. looking at the dates it would appear that used cars were much more cool in the old days.

4. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Those are great, Man!!! Thanks for sharing those!! Love the shot of him with the A and his raquet and that '36 was sweet!! Don't you wish that those were still in the family??!!

5. bobscogin

bobscogin

I like that one too. Photo caption say 1929 A, but isn't that a '30-'31?. Love the '49 Ford convertible!

Bob

6. 3onthetree

3onthetree

Man that's some cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

7. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

no problem, I'm glad others have the chance to appreciate them as much as my brother (fadingfast) and I do.

8. Glad you guys like these! I had a great time going through and scanning them.
    Grandpa had some great cars!

9. Harms Way

Harms Way

Very cool,. thanks for posting them.

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Fortunately, that Pinto was at the back of the line instead of at the front!

11. Bills 50

Bills 50
    from Roanoke Va

Cool pics...wish I had the wagon!
    Bill

12. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Man those pictures are priceless.... Thanks for posting them.

13. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Killer, Thanks for sharing your photos. Slim

14. Mathew21

Mathew21

Very Cool Thanks for sharing.

15. DaxxRuckus

DaxxRuckus

no problem, glad everyone could enjoy them! The more I look at it I'm really into that '36, what a cool car. Grandpa always made a big deal out of that having a big v8. That and the '49 ford.

I remember my grandma saying that she worked for a guy who had a ton of money and he would buy his girlfriend a brand new ford every year. One year he got her that '49 convertible and the girlfriend hated it, so he wanted to get rid of it and sold it to my grandparents for a ridiculously cheap price - it was brand new!

A couple other stories I remember them telling me about these cars that I had just posted on my blog: http://techandtonic.com/2010/06/05/classic-grist-rides/

" I’ll always remember the story of how him and his two brother’s each pitched in $5 to buy the Model T, and they all painted a part of it their favorite color. According to gramps, they were all supposed to work on the car to make sure it was running, but really they each just ensured that it worked when it was their day to drive… but Gramps says that he ended up doing most of the work all the time.

Another great story he said was that one friday he night he was parked out in the T on “makeout hill” with a young lady friend (at this point in the story my grandma always slaps him and says she doesn’t know who that lady friend was, but it sure wasn’t her!), and a buddy of his snuck up and released the parking brake. Before he knew it, him and his lady friend were rolling down the hill out of control, and before he could “collect himself” he jumped into the drivers seat and was able to hit the brakes and stop the car! hahaha

Also, great stories about cruising with his buddies and someone would reach over and pull the keys out of the ignition (you can do this on my ‘56) and throw them out into the street! You would have to circle around and find those keys otherwise you couldn’t shut the car off because you sure wouldn’t get it started again! hahahahah"

16. wizzard23

wizzard23

Are those Kansas tags I'm seein' in several of the pics? If so tell us more. Really enjoyed lookin at this thread. Thanks!!!!!!

17. Yup most of those should be Kansas tags. They lived in Kansas (El Dorado I think) for a long time.

18. jessie.bor

jessie.bor

sweet pictures

19. 22dodge

22dodge
    from Nevada

Great photos, thanks for sharing.............

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

thanks , El Dorado still has lots of cool cars and a very active "non-club" the El Dorroders, founded 1957!