Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 ford 4 door + 1 saw=5 window & tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Apr 15, 2010.

1. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

I see the renault sitting ,waiting to pounce

2. that bug is awesome

3. ponchopowered

ponchopowered

i have a button my mom gave me that say that, hahahah

32cd i have all faith in you and think that the 32 will look killer when you done with it keep up the work!

by the way killer vw i dont like the motors past the roof but i t looks good i like the corvair motor, ive wanted to do that for years

4. tub1

tub1
    from tasmania

wish i had a 32 sedan to cut up they are very hard to find down here

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm up early for a Saturday, and that somehow looks ok to me.Looks French, Voisin might have built a VW that looked like that. MEANWHILE.. back to the '32, please post progress photos![​IMG]

6. After owning about 10 aircooled Volkswagens, like a three beetles (one chopped 5 inch), three type 3's a 412 Variant, a splitwindow bus, a Ruska buggy and a type 181 i swore never buy a VW again but this one starts thinking why not.:eek:

7. freebird101

freebird101

awesome looking VW

8. fanspete

fanspete

Blasphemy!!!:rolleyes:

I like 4 drs, but I tend to like oddball stuff. Cut that sucker up!

9. chad

chad

I totally agree!!!

10. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Quit messing around with that thing.. What happened to the 5w project????

Why do people call a car a 'ride'? ...It's super lame.

11. phukinartie

phukinartie

HaHa! To use a old and over used term, Anyone can restore a car ....It takes balls to chop one up!!! Looks like a cool project to me .Cut that bitch!!!!!!
    P.S that bug is Ugly!!!!!..........Can I have it???!!!:D

12. you cut a '32?

13. VanHorton

VanHorton

wow i started reading this expecting to see an awesome thread about building a hot rod... :rolleyes: what a hatefest

14. tdog

tdog
    from Omaha, NE

When I was a kid my dad (Who graduated HS in 62) would explain to me what was cool back in thay day. The way he would rate the coolness of a car is by how many blocks a guy would have to park away from a party because he would not want to be seen in his car. My ol man drove a 50 olds coupe back in HS and had a model A Hot Rod coupe.

32 ford Coupe - Park Right out Front
    Anything Four Door. - 8 blocks

Just because its old and its all that is left does not make it cool. If it was not cool back in the day it aint cool now. The cool suns a bitches who were hitting the cheer leaders and prom queens were not! I repeat! were not driving 4 door hot rods.

From what I get from the history books the only thing a 32 Ford 4 door was good for was ditching the body and adding a model A roadster body. That is!. Now an old timer who is in to stockers that may not me the case. But from what I can this site is about hot rods.

Let see some pics of that coupe. Keep cutting and don't look back

15. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Hope that 32 comes out better that that bug lol..looks like a RR:eek:

16. sota

sota

Now enough is enough!For a guy who has more billet on a car then Boyd ever dream of.Wheels that scream streetrod.A car with a chrome flexible radiator hose.Need I go on,and you come on here and blast someone elses car.He's driving it to Bville how about you?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
    T-DeWitt likes this.
  17. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

HA! Bingo!!!! Shut the F---!!! up and watch these builds take place....."looks like a RR".......the blue coupe looks like a "SR"....betcha won't see it on the salt 2000 miles away and driven there

18. hubcap

hubcap
    from phx

I love the HAMB.

19. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

As for me------I don't care if you take a cadillac and make a VW out of it!!! Just show me pictures of the fab. Good luck with YOUR build, and I hope it come out great. AND, post pictures, all these nay-sayers will be drooling in their beer. I wish I had your skills, I wouldn't be so far behind on my Essex project! perley

20. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I say lets close this stupid thread down and let the OP start a new thread when he has something to post.

I don't want to have to scroll all the way thru this bs again to get to the meat.

...and if this guy is such a great fabricator, why didn't he just build a new 5w body instead of cutting up a nice 4 door? :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  21. ocfab

ocfab

I love Larry! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

22. thehardway

thehardway
    from Missouri

I know I am comming in late on this post, But I just spent the last hour reading it and figured I would throw my 32 cents in.....Drew Bottom line is it is your car you bought and payed for it, So do what you want with it...You have nothing to prove to any of these haters....I have read about some of your builds in the mags...And have seen your blue 5 window, pretty impressive for such a young man....What seems funny to me is all these guys that think it is such a shame to cut up a 32 fordoor, where were they when it was posted on ebay like 5 times???....Nobody cared about it or wanted it bad enough to buy it before you did....I went through this same shit with a bunch of guys telling me to keep my untouched all original 32 5window the way it was.....And I let them hold me up from rodding it for 2 years before I said F**K it and started taking it apart and building my hot rod....If it bothers anyone that bad that he is as you say destroying a nice 32 fordoor, Then get out your cash and by all means save it from that sawzaw happy hotrodder.....I am sure he is not married to it and would let any of you buy it for enough cash!!....Otherwise let him do what he wants with his car and you do what you want with yours!!!....One thing is for sure Drew is not a dreamer! He makes things happen.....I would bet most of the guys telling him not to build his project, hasn't built anything..

23. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i final got bonneville , the nsra nationals, and a few local cars show done and managed to take the wife on vacation. so i am back on this 32 project now and i will be till it is done. i built the sub rails and the side sills for the body to be channeled. i got the body front half mocked up and the chassis rolling. i will be addressing the back of the door top as they are about 5/8" to tall from the 4 dr. now the 4 dr doors are shorter by 1/4 but for this car i am not worried about this. also the 1/4 " is all off the bcak of the door. the outside handle is in the same place. and the window opening is the same width at the bottom, the post is just thinner on the doors. here are some pics of it mocked up. for those faint of heart i will be chopping the coupe atleast 6" . that cardboard cut out is what i hope the rear side window will be. i just got my cheater slicks from hurst friday and they look great. i also picked up some merc chrome reverse wheels from hellonwheels for it aswell. more updates soon.

Attached Files:

24. Udenberg

Udenberg
    from Minnesota

Awesome stuff!

25. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

yea nothing new, duece 4 doors are kinda rare because they used to be scavanged for our A V8 hiboy chassis'. thats where a lot of 'em went. very traditional, ggg

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  26. keep it up. do what you want, especially with a gross 4 door. just make sure it turns out kick ass!

27. koolkemp

koolkemp

Cool ! I have been looking forward to some updates on this build looking forward to more keep up the great work!

28. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Very cool! It looks like your going to chop it hard. Can't wait to see more pics!

29. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here is more pics. i got the side rear window roof pics cut and sectioned and chopped. also got hellonwheels 49-51 merc chrome reverse rims he had forsale. ( side note hellonwheels here on the hamb is a stand up guy. very honest and went out of his way to sell me his wheels . thanks ) i did switch out the rear 6070 x 15's for some hurst cheater slicks. i got the rear roof window chopped and will have to do a final cutting on it once i get the rear qtrs welded solad to the subrails. just waiting for my deck lid to get back from the louver guy for the mock up of both the qtrs fitment.

Attached Files:

30. ^^^^
    the best comeback for the negative comments I've seen.

but then again not everybody could get it done.