Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage (((SINS of Steel)))

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky77, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Lucky77

Lucky77

Well if you haven't gotten enough coverage yet, here you go. My girlfriend and I left Bay City around 5:00 am and ran into some serious fog. I actually had to slow down to the speed limit. We met up with fellow Nightmares Hot Rod to Hell, and Flathedpete and got to Davisburg at 7:00 to help setup. If the car count was about 400, that's awesome. I don't remember what it was last year, but I think it was around 500. And as someone who helped with traffic last year I saw every single car including a number that had no business being there. This year, not so much.

Plus this show has only been promoted for about four months now so I'd have to say it was a huge success! Thanks to Boomer for putting up the dough and making things run so smoothly and especially to the Poor Boys, Pecker Heads, who made this deal happen and to the Road Devils and my fellow Nightmares for all their help. I can't wait till next year and I think I better find a minibike soon before they're all picked over. Here's some shots I took, enjoy.

Scott

Attached Files:

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Scott. I was impressed for this being a first time show. I agree that everyone involved should take a bow for the outstanding way the event was conducted. I bought my wife's OT streetrod as the '32 was still tied up in storage and encountered conflicting instructions as to where I was going to park but in the end all was good.
    Next year should be even better if things go thier natural way and this should become a well established event.

Frank

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

...and the next batch.

Attached Files:

4. Lucky77

Lucky77

Well I wasn't going to do it to you Frank, but...

Here's a lame attempt at hiding the above mentioned street rod, and some more pics.

Attached Files:

5. Lucky77

Lucky77

and batch four...

Attached Files:

6. Lucky77

Lucky77

a few more...

Attached Files:

7. Lucky77

Lucky77

and now for the good stuff, minibikes and babes.

Attached Files:

8. oldcop4736ford

oldcop4736ford

What a great show. Really nice rides, super swap area, cool venue, and best of all...a lot of very friendly hot rodders!!!!!!!

9. Great show...great quality of rides.....and as always, great to see old and new friends. Congrats to all the hard working folks that made this a fine time for all.

10. nice coverage! great show cant wait til next year

hope to see you guys out to Chesaning for the Showboat City Rumble on August 14th

[​IMG]

11. The show was great. I had an awesome time bs'n with everyone. Met a few more Hamb folks - tiki, lone wolf, danimal and his kids - all cool folks.
    I will definitely be back next year.
    A BIG thanks to all those involved in puttin' the show on - JOB WELL DONE!

12. Scott thanks to you and The Nightmares for all your help. It was pretty damn cool knowing you were part of the show huh? Time sure did fly from the meeting we had in Waterford with Boomer, Terry , and all the involved clubs .

The Mini Bike thing was loved by everyone it seems. Maybe next year we do drags too. I know the guys from the Road Devils did not have mini bikes last week nor did I. Chris said they picked them all off craigslist. From the comments on here looks like the pickings will be thin for awhile -haha. Thanks again for all you and your club's help

13. Hot Rod To Hell

Hot Rod To Hell
    from Flint MI

I know that I had a bit of that "proud parent" feeling with how great the show turned out! Thanks for letting us be a part of it!

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Bck up for some kick ass pics...

15. Gator

Gator

Looks like a great show, sorry I missed it, didn't get the '55 back together till late Friday.

16. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

17. Great coverage! Great show! Daddy_O, your Victoria is incredible! Love that car.

18. Thanks Matt,

I was diggin on yours also. Too bad we didn't get to meet.
    If you see the car again,, look me up!

I was shocked to walk away with the best custom award - never saw that coming with all the other awesome cars there.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  19. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Hey guys I need some info on a few car owners. If anyone know who owns these cars please contact me.

Best truck winner 37 Plymouth?

Best cycle winner silver and black Triumph

Best kustom winner 54 Ford

Real mill winner '30-'31 Ford with 409.

Thanks.

20. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

WoW... some really nice cars! Thanx for posting... Gary

21. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Great pics! Man I hated missing this year but work got in the way, won't happen next year.

22. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

Who owns the gold coupe in the lower right corner?

23. reverendjim

reverendjim

gonna be there next year