Register now to get rid of these ads!

york, pa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mutt423240, May 31, 2010.

1. ems customer service

ems customer service

Tha lack of vendors at york has everything to do with the nazi's in the pa. Tax dept. They have declared war on out of state vendors with huge regulations. Thats why we stop going to york nsra. Just to much regulation and now threats of impounding your property at shows.

2. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

$14.spectator entry fees,$5 to park(not the worst deal there),allowing the new late models in...Does N$RA need the money or the new particapants that badly?
    Did the vendor space rates indoor and outside increase?
    Gouging or growing?

3. I went to York today and was stunned by the amount of junk that was there, both pre-'48 and '80. It sure makes the good cars standout... My how this show has changed, and not for the better...:mad:

4. 46mopar

46mopar

Didn't go had to work today made about $50 an hour got home pulled the 54 Ford out of the garage sat it next to the Camaro and imagined this what York looked like. Drank a beer or two and didn't have to drive two hours to get home. Looks like I made better then some people did today.

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it's a sign of the times I guess... Goodguys raised the cutoff to 72 for the Western Nats in Pleasanton. I believe it started as pre-49, then 54, then 1957. suprisingly 57 wasn't a bad cut-off... LOTS of neat cars , I thought it would be over run with 55-57 Chevys.

I spose it won't ruin the show completely. have to wait for August to see.

6. Cripes! I must be getting old or something. I wrote Towson while I meant Timonium. Thanks, Tommy, for reminding me of the early beginnings that were held in Rockville at Montgomery County Junior College, which I had forgotten all about.

You've also heard from one of the former vendors who's getting beat up by the state tax bullies and isn't going to put up with it. Certainly can't blame a vendor for that. While I don't have specifics, I'm told that NSRA is charging vendors considerably more for vendor spaces, too, which I'm sure is adding to their departure. There is the economics of inflated hotel prices, dining out, gas, and the terrible roads one must travel to get there.

Add in the changes of the later cutoff date, no more camping, and Jerry's show within a show of traditional rods being deleted, and the incentive to be there by the core hot rod people, whose interests and ideas were the foundation for the creation of the Nats East, begins to diminish greatly.

Personally, I like all kinds of cars, although hot rods are my passion. I've owned a number of straight axle Vettes and even a few Stingrays. However, they belong in Carlisle in August, not in York in June. Tommy, it was a good thing you went to the Fords at Carlisle instead of York as among other things that didn't belong there was a 78 Monte Carlo or maybe it was a 76. In any case, it didn't belong there. You wud have lost your lunch for sure! No6 had it right when he said that, if it was needed to increase the cutoff date, they shud have increased it only a couple of years as folks cud most likely live with that. NSRA has created a monster for itself and I believe it is all about the money. Too bad they opened it up becuz they are going to lose a lot of that core group the NSRA was founded on. Many years ago, NSRA tried to have a "Steet Machine" division which fell flat on its face. That's what I believe will happen to the organization as a whole if they continue in this direction.

7. Ah, Pleasanton! I can't think of a more aptly named town. What a wonderful place to visit, much less to hold a car show. Well, I hope it isn't a sign of the times. My wife accuses me of still living in the '50s. I suppose there's some truth to that cuz I wudn't mind if it was the '50s again. Things were much better back then. Geez, sounds like an episode of the Twilight Zone. "Willoughby! Next stop, Willoughby!" I don't know the history of Goodguys as I've remained loyal to NSRA all these years. But, it seemed to me that the Goodguys membership wasn't all that traditional rods and it quickly opened up to the Tri Five group. Again, it's not that I dislike them, it's just that I wanted the hot rods to have their own thing. I think if NSRA had just moved the cutoff to 1954 this year there wudn't have been much animosity and they probably cud have even moved it to include the Tri Fives. But, I really think they are stretching it going beyond that. They made this drastic change without even giving the membership any chance to raise any objections or to vote on it. You'll have to let us know just how things went at the Western Nats in August.

For now, I'm focusing on the Jalopyrama show in October (see www.Jalopyrama.com). At last year's show, we had 35+ traditional hot rods inside the Armory and 250 cars of 1962 vintage and earlier on the outside lot. If that wasn't fantastic in and of itself, the kicker was that it rained the entire day and we still had a great turnout! I can't imagine what it wud have been like had it been 75 degrees and sunny that day.